Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 03-16-2019, 01:39 PM   #1
mike3997
Human being with feelings

Default Envelope points changing inexplicably

I have four separate tracks for violin, viola, cello, and double bass- each with their own volume envelopes. These are all bussed to one "strings" track which also has its own volume envelope.

Every so often while I'm editing and adjusting the points on the individual tracks, I will notice that ALL the points on one of the other three tracks in "strings" have been moved up or down by a factor of 0.25dB (which is the incremental amount I tend to use when editing points). Sometimes it's by 0.5 or 0.75.

I haven't ever noticed it happen with the master "strings" bus track envelope, but I still can't figure out why it's happening to the individual track envelopes in the bus. Can anyone help? Thank you
mike3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 05:58 AM   #2
merlino
Human being with feelings

if you are editing envelope points make sure every time you move a dot that somewhere else another dot isn't selected or it moves with it.
Something which I do is selecting all the points > right click > then unselect all points to make sure there is nothing else selected as the envelope dot which you are moving.
merlino is offline   Reply With Quote