X-Raym
Human being with feelings

And this bug still happen:

X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 11:56 AM   #522
X-Raym

Hi,

Can you also add Esc key for quitting the script ?

I use this code:

Code:
char = gfx.getchar()
if char ~= 27 or char < 0 then reaper.defer(run) else gfx.quit() end

This would be handy, thx ! 😉

Question: is there a way to get vertical Vumeter like there was on Loudness graph instead of waveform / fader ?
Old 10-04-2023, 01:10 PM   #523
heda

if you are going to use it with the graph, you always want it to add the tracks into a tab first.
I don't see the sends recreated when adding tracks
I don't see the sends being created so slowly here. I see them instantly created. an you try to configure it to use Loudness jsfx from cockos instead of dpmeter? I can add another PreventUIRefresh, but it already has.

If you don't need the LUFS-I of each track you can configure it to use Peaks mode by default in the menu, or in the right click menu of the tab, instead of Loudness plugin mode, then it can use REAPER peaks and no sends are created at all. Then you choose LUFS-M, or LUFS-S and it will change all the vumeter mode of the tracks in the tab. This is the fastest way if creating the sends is causing trouble.

you can hide the waveform(I don't use it either) and go to the menu and Show -> Faders to hide the faders too, and you will have only the meters like in Loudness Graph I think. Then you could adjust the width of all faders with ALT mouse wheel over the meters, or ALT drag middle mouse left and right.. SHIFT mouse wheel adjust only selected tracks width.

Esc key doesn't work because the scripts focus back to the arrange to not intercept normal REAPER shortcuts.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 02:51 PM   #524
X-Raym

Quote:
Esc key doesn't work because the scripts focus back to the arrange to not intercept normal REAPER shortcuts.
Understood. It could maybe check window under mouse if ESC key is press and kill if it the script... but not too important.

Quote:
you can hide the waveform
Ok,

Quote:
Then you choose LUFS-M, or LUFS-S and it will change all the vumeter mode of the tracks in the tab. This is the fastest way if creating the sends is causing trouble.
Ineresting,
Though this doesnt allow to quickly jump between LUF-S and -M (data are not stored in parallel).
Also, the chart doesnt reset when we change this setting, so we cna have a section with LUF-S and one with -M /S

Quote:
if you are going to use it with the graph, you always want it to add the tracks into a tab first.
Oh yes sure, but as it is one of the most visible which appears at script start, there is a high chance someone click on it (and then it crash). Just a nil check and it will be good :P

Quote:
I don't see the sends recreated when adding tracks
Hmmm not sure what Info I can give more about this than the screenshot... Maybe we need someone else report about this, or Zoom remote control session.

---
I didnt see it on bug report but there also this scale issue (last one of this post)

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=512

--

On performance side, we pushed test further with cfillion and it seems the script use gfx.triangle to fill under the chart area. Though, these triangles are 1px wide, and are actually lines. It would be way more efficient to use gfx.line cause there are some caching, 2d reaper.array calculation and so on with gfx.triangle, and not with gfx.line. It is mostly why for now outputing this script render to OpenGL/Direct3D via ReaImGui is very slow currently.
Can you take a look at this and see if it can works well with gfx.line instead (if our investigation is correct ?) If yes, it will for sure have big impact on the GFX version too

Many thanks again for your sponsor, hoping not to bother too much with verbose bug reports / optimizations requests 👀

Cheers !
Old 10-06-2023, 12:27 PM   #525
heda

If you need to quickly switch between S and M, then yes, the plugin mode is better. The peaks mode is more efficient because it only calculates one mode and doesn't need sends.
Yes maybe I should clear the graph when switching, if in peaks mode.

The triangles could become lines if it is very zoomed out I guess. I could check on each triangle if the coordinates in X of all vertices are the same and then draw a line instead? I'm not sure if this would lead to big performance improvement. I'm not seeing huge performance problems. And in graph options you can always define the refresh rate for the graph if you see performance issues. For example to draw the graph only once per second.
Old 10-07-2023, 02:22 AM   #526
heda

I've updated it to draw lines instead of triangles if the triangle is 1 pixel wide. I'm not noticing any improvement in GFX.
Tested with ReaIMGUI and it is much slower than GFX but at least it draws correctly I think. Previous tests I did long time ago was not looking right. It is slow here probably because I don't have a GPU.

* HeDaMixer Graph v2.1.2 (2023-10-07)
# fix: filled areas draw lines instead when triangles are 1 pixel wide
Old 10-07-2023, 03:56 AM   #527
X-Raym

@heda
Many thx ! It do seems better with ReaImGui now.

I am testing with ReaImGui cause it was game changer for ReaTab Hero, to have smooth scroll and nice antialiasing.

You can see anti-aliaising particulary pleasing on small text; on the left metter and on region names, in GIF below (GFX render VS ReaImGui render)

(note: markers names overlaps, contrary to region names, their name should probably not be displayed if to close to next marker -as it is is zoom level dependent, I understand it not easy fix)

Also was testing if the script in ReaImGui would have less drop at GUI scroll (but since you made the drawing font optimization it is way better anyway, on my project it wasnt usable without this).

In the end I may not use the ReaImGui version if the GFX is still more efficient, but it help cfillion and I to polish ReaImGui, and maybe it can help to otpimization for the GFX version as well (like region drawing).
Old 10-19-2023, 06:46 AM   #528
daounandout

Hi @heda! I'm sure you must be busy with work for Reaper 7 now (I'm not updating to that for a while cos of all the 3rd party script madness now). But wonder if I can ask you a question.

I'm using HeDaMixer VIP to show my buss sends. But I notice that it seems to affect Reaper's performance, especially with video playback, the frame rate seems to drop. If I close and reopen HeDaMixer, it seems to solve the issue temporarily.

Is this something you're aware of, and are there GUI settings or something I could change to optimise the performance?

In case this info is relevant:

I'm now running Hedamixer, and one instance of track inspector. TI has the sections show there, and the Archiving addon activated in the background, but not showing in the UI.

The tab in hedamixer is not a heda track tags one, it's just a normal one that I add tracks to manually.

As always, thanks for the amazing work!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hedamixer.jpg (118.6 KB, 240 views)
daounandout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2023, 11:59 AM   #529
heda

Try this, Right click the video window and see if you can configure it to use more CPU cores or different performance settings that may help video.
Old 10-20-2023, 12:27 PM   #530
daounandout

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
Try this, Right click the video window and see if you can configure it to use more CPU cores or different performance settings that may help video.
Ah I didn't know about those settings. Thank you so much for the pointer
daounandout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 06:38 AM   #531
AudioBabble

Hey Heda, I just installed Heda scripts Manager. I really just wanted to try out Heda Mixer, so I noticed that there's a V.1.02, but when I install it and try to run it, I get:

Quote:
\HMx64.dat: bad binary format (version mismatch)
This seems to be an issue related to being on V.7

I tried it on a V.6 portable install and it works fine

are you aware of this?

[ EDIT ]

so... I donated and now have a VIP account. I seem to have a problem installing anything though! I've set password and can log in to website fine. I've entered email in scripts manager. I choose install, enter password, but the script does not install, it just returns to saying 'not installed'. I've tried this on Reaper 7 and Reaper 6, both the same.

[ Edit 2 ]

Ok, strange but true: I noticed that the above behaviour [appearing to install, but then returning to 'not installed'] is the same as if you don't put in the right password, even though I quadruple-checked that I had the right password.

So, I set a new password, exactly the same as the first. Now it works!

-- would be useful if the dialogue that you use to enter your password returned an 'incorrect password' if password not recognized.

Last edited by AudioBabble; 10-22-2023 at 08:25 AM.
AudioBabble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 10:16 AM   #532
The Bunker

Hi HEDA,

I just updated all my scripts including all the VIP ones and everytime I select a track in the HEDA Mixer window it gives me this error:

?:-1: attempt to call a nil value (field 'JS_Window_FindChildByID')

Then the HEDA Mixer window just crashes and dissapears.

Any idea why this is and how to fix it?

Thanks

P.S. I'm on reaper 7.05. Windows user.
The Bunker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 06:16 PM   #533
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bunker View Post
?:-1: attempt to call a nil value (field 'JS_Window_FindChildByID')
Install JS_ReaScriptAPI (Extensions -> ReaPack -> Browse packages):

cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 05:39 AM   #534
The Bunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
Install JS_ReaScriptAPI (Extensions -> ReaPack -> Browse packages):

Thank you. Worked like a charm.
The Bunker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 09:10 PM   #535
strachupl

dragging solo button, same mute
strachupl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 11:04 AM   #536
heda

Sorry I can't replicate this issue. I wonder what could it be.
Old 01-19-2024, 01:51 PM   #537
strachupl

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
Sorry I can't replicate this issue. I wonder what could it be.
When I hold solo button it seem to spam refreshing GUI. Well it is not critical problem, maybe you will find out at some point.
strachupl is offline   Reply With Quote