Old 07-01-2020, 09:49 AM   #1
jmilosich
Human being with feelings

Default Tricky "remove item" issue

Is there a way to remove measures (and/or) sections from the middle of a Reaper project? To be clear, I’m not referring to simply deleting parts of a sound file that will leave a blank space. I’ve a piece composed and recorded that I want to entirely remove four measures from a section in the middle. The tricky part is that the piece has got several meter changes. If I make separations in the sound files and “remove item” with the selected time section, then dragging the rest of the composition to meet the end of the section preceding it ends up throwing off the measure and beat markers for the rest of the piece entirely. In addition, dragging the placement of time changes ends up distorting the speed of the adjacent sound files.

What I need is a way to entirely remove a determined section of beats or measures from the timeline of the piece, not just the sound recordings. After making separations to all of the sound files, selecting and then “removing item”, I would like to remove/delete the section of beats and/or measures they had occupied in the piece, so that the rest of the piece - including time and meter changes - remain unchanged except that they are positioned earlier.
jmilosich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 01:18 PM   #2
nofish

Make a time selection of the part that should be removed, rightclick somewhere in the empty arrange view > 'Remove contents of selection (moving later items)'
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 08:36 PM   #3
jmilosich

Default Perfect. Thank you!

Excellent. So relieved. Many thanks.
jmilosich is offline   Reply With Quote