Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2019, 05:13 AM   #1
elcalen
Human being with feelings

Default My first Reaper tracks, an attempt at making melodic trance

Hiya! So I've only started using Reaper this autumn, and I'm pretty new to producing electronic music in general, but anyway, here's the first batch of tracks I've completed with Reaper: https://soundcloud.com/benenkindle/sets/daybreak !

Like I said, I'm still very much a beginner, and the point of these tracks was largely to learn Reaper and the genre; I hardly expect to make any kind of breakthrough with these. That said, though I'm very self-conscious about some of their shortcomings, I'm pretty happy with how the tracks turned out. So be gentle.

I use Reaper on Linux, and use (more or less) only native Linux plugins. For those who care about such things, the main synth used on these tracks is U-he Hive 2, with one or two instances of free synths like Surge or Helm sprinkled in, as well as some sounds from an old Korg N1R hardware module I happened to have lying around. Other plugins include, among others, a bunch of Airwindows stuff, Dragonfly Reverb, and obviously some Reaper plugins and JSFX.