Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 08-01-2021, 12:07 PM   #1
kesson
Human being with feelings

Default 6.33 Critical Izotope Plugins GUI Bug

I can't find a better name for the title sorry.

First:
Mac OS 10.15.7
Intel Xeon 3,5Ghz
AMD Radeon Pro 580x
Reaper 6.33 ( 10.15+ Notarized )

( If people wonder, it's a legit version of all izotope products. Also it happens only in Reaper, I use Ableton and no problem their )
( I know Izotope plugins are buggy, but since this bug happens only in Reaper I figures I would post it here.)

I will take an exemple with Neutron 3.11.

When i start a new session, I can insert Neutron as much as I wish. GUI opens, no crash what so ever. I tried opening 50 instances without any issue.
I was working on a session and the total number of Neutron Transient Shaper plugin reached 4. I tried inserting a new one and suddenly Reaper Instantly crashed. I then reopen the project, it loads, I open one of the track FX window, I clic on Neutron Transient Shaper : PAF instant crash.

I then realized the latest version of Neutron is 3.2. so I update it, Reaper rescan the plugins, and crashes on each scan. Basically latest update of Neutron is impossible to even scan in Reaper.

I revert to 3.11 ( and tried to make the cleanest new install possible by removing all I could find related to Neutron ). Reaper scans it properly, I can load Neutron on new projects, I load my buggy project, and exact same problem.

I then realized I can load new instances of Neutron if I turn the GUI off. weird.. doesn't solve the problem since Neutron is unusable without the GUI.

I open again the same session, try plugins from other brands, they all open perfectly fine. I then try Ozone 9: Crash.

I then try another thing: Open the buggy project, open a blank project on a new tab ( remember new projects are supposed to work ) , load up Neutron: Crash.

tried with Reaper 6.29, 6.30, up until latest 6.33 always the same

EDIT/ I just tried opening a few other sessions with a lot of tracks and a lot of Neutron Transient Shaper. They work fine, Although I must add I encountered this problem on some sessions where I wanted to add another Neutron plugin, it crashed. But I was able to add Neutron threw AU or VST instead of VST3 If I recall correctly. So to sum it up, it's random ( which makes me think it's a Reaper bug instead of a specific Izotope Bug )

EDIT AND RESOLVE OF THE SITUATION:
Well resolve I don't know, but this is a very weird outcome. Basicaly, as soon as you drop a GRM Evolution plugin on your session, all the other Izotope plugins crash ( meaning they still process audio, but the GUI crashes Reaper instantly ). Same thing for Rendering. It kinda does "OKAY" with just a .wav, but video rendering freezes reaper instantly. So yeah, looks like GRM Evolution ( haven't tried with other plugins from their suite ) is the guilty plugin here. I'm not sure what the problem is here. Overloading Reaper with weird processing ?

Also, The 'classique 64bit" 6.33 version of Reaper properly scans the latest 3.2 Neutron update. (whereas Notarized crashes while scanning those )

Last edited by kesson; 08-02-2021 at 08:51 AM.
kesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 12:37 PM   #2
kesson

I was able to add a new Instance of Neutron Transient Shaper with "Run As: Dedicated Process" same for Separate Process.
Old 08-01-2021, 12:55 PM   #3
kesson

Also,

Rendering is completely laggy or even completely crash with video settings on this particular session, even when getting rid of all the Izotope Neutron Stuff. I tried with another session that works fine and full of various Neutron instances, Rendering is completely fine. I'm honestly puzzled about this issue, looks like the session I was working on is completely broken now. Any help to at least save this session is very welcome ..

Last edited by kesson; 08-01-2021 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-02-2021, 07:02 AM   #4
kesson

A brighter fellow than me advised to try the non Notarized classic 64bit version. I'll update my post if anything changes with this version
Old 08-02-2021, 07:25 AM   #5
kesson

No chance on the "classic" 64bit non Notarized version, at least on this buggy session
Old 08-07-2021, 06:58 AM   #6
Justin
Administrator

I've emailed GRM about this to see if it's something they can look at on their end (it appears to be an over-release of an NSFont object)
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote