Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 07-27-2021, 02:28 PM   #1
ed78
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper Midi Timing/Dropped Notes Issues

Good day,

Thanks for your time.

I find that Reaper's Midi works great when you start a project with a few tracks. As soon as you add audio, start mixing and so forth the midi becomes unreliable.

Issue #1

I am working on a song at the moment (just over a 100 tracks) and the string track (no more than 6 notes at a time keeps on dropping notes. I use East West Opus (only 200MB of RAM usage). It happens with the Kontakt Player as well. I have muted all other tracks and disabled all other insert effects, yet the notes keep on dropping randomly.

I still have a large RAM buffer (since I managed to convert many of the other non-legato midi tracks to audio), so that isn't the problem.

I am trying to convert the midi to audio but it is impossible since the notes keep on dropping out.

If I export the single midi track and import it into a new project file it plays without dropping any midi notes. Well... it did drop one note. (This is probably my work around for now)

Issue #2

When you start a song and record midi from a music keyboard, your recording is in time. In other words, what you play on the keyboard is what Reaper is playing back timing wise. If you rushed or dragged the tempo Reaper plays it back the way you played, like audio.

As soon as you have many tracks and start mixing, and as soon as you try and record more midi data, Reaper plays back your timing much differently. The notes are earlier or later. Very random.

If anyone has an idea or a work around it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Ettienne

Last edited by ed78; 07-31-2021 at 09:20 AM.
ed78 is offline   Reply With Quote