Old 07-25-2021, 12:15 PM   #1
daCream
Human being with feelings

Default My MIDI is not displayed in control surfaces

Hello,

I'm new to making music, but i'm a long time Linux user.

I have purchased Nektar Impact LX25+ keyboard, because i heard that it supports Linux systems. I'm running Reaper on Linux Manjaro.
When i plug the keyboard in, i have issue using its controls. The MIDI input is fine, but i cant find it in Control surface devices.
I have tried installing manufacturers "Reaper Support for Windows" through WINE, but that doesnt seem to work. Only thing left for me is to remap it manually, but i would like to try make it work thought the official drivers.

Is there any advice you could give me? Is this setup intended to work together? Thanks for any help!
daCream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:13 PM   #2
mschnell

Welcome to the Reaper forums !

Supposedly a better chance might be to use the CSI Reaper extension instead of Windows-only "support" software.

But I don't know if CSI already is available for Linux.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 04:16 AM   #3
daCream

I guess i can try to remap it manually. I was looking and the CSI extension is not available on Linux. But i know Reaper has build in Learn function. Is there any difference between these two?
daCream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 01:44 PM   #4
mschnell

I suppose you mean ReaPack->ReaLearn. Same indeed is a bit similar to CSI. It's a VST plugin, and I don't know it it's available for Linux. There is a thread for Re3aLearn in the "general" subforum, and Helgoboss is extremely helpful.
-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 08:08 AM   #5
Kypresso

Quote:
Originally Posted by daCream View Post
Hello,

I'm new to making music, but i'm a long time Linux user.

I have purchased Nektar Impact LX25+ keyboard, because i heard that it supports Linux systems. I'm running Reaper on Linux Manjaro.
When i plug the keyboard in, i have issue using its controls. The MIDI input is fine, but i cant find it in Control surface devices.
I have tried installing manufacturers "Reaper Support for Windows" through WINE, but that doesnt seem to work. Only thing left for me is to remap it manually, but i would like to try make it work thought the official drivers.

Is there any advice you could give me? Is this setup intended to work together? Thanks for any help!
I had a panorama P4 and when i tried linux i emailed Nektar support and they sent me a beta setup file to use with linux.
Maybe try asking the Nektar guys if they have any linux setup files to use with the LX25+.
Kypresso is offline   Reply With Quote