Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 07-19-2023, 01:55 PM   #1
MrTunes
Human being with feelings

Default Audient ID24 Strange Issue in REAPER

Hello All,

Just been racking my brains out after getting this new interface.

I was getting cracking and popping noise from my projects in Reaper (And a little in Cubase). A little like when your buffer settings are straining, but it does not matter what I do, the crackling noise would persist. Reboots, reinstalls and I also used Latency monitor as well with no success.

Turns out it only makes the noise when I have the REAPER screen open on my monitor, particularly when I am am scrolling around and zooming in and out. I would guess maybe a graphics driver / Audient issue. Anyone had such an issue before?
MrTunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 04:44 AM   #2
Stella645

I guess you're on PC?

What's your graphics card?

Is your power all grounded?

Do you hear it on both headphones and speakers?
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 06:58 AM   #3
MrTunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella645 View Post
I guess you're on PC?

What's your graphics card?

Is your power all grounded?

Do you hear it on both headphones and speakers?

Hi,

I am on a PC

ADM Rryzen 9 CPU.
Windows 11
GPU is AMD/ASUS Radeon 550 (Pheonix)

I hear the noise on all outputs, headphones, monitors, and separate headphone amp.

My gear is not grounded, and its something on my list to sort out as I have been getting noises at high levels in my speaker monitors and headphone pre-amp, (though nothing like this)

The headphone out from the Audient is direct and very clean but also has the crackling when the Reaper interface is up.

There was one thing I will try, which is may use a different USB port, which I am yet to try.
Old 07-20-2023, 09:48 AM   #4
Stella645

Ok...so not the known issue with Nvidia cards....could be a grounding issue....but when you say my gear is not grounded, what exactly do you mean? You're in UK so if things are plugged in by three pin plug they should be grounded??

Maybe you mean you're not using balanced connections....but if it does it on headphones I doubt that's the issue

Definitely try another USB port..maybe another cable, Also if you have any wired mice around try swapping out for your wireless.
Stella645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 11:30 AM   #5
MrTunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella645 View Post
Ok...so not the known issue with Nvidia cards....could be a grounding issue....but when you say my gear is not grounded, what exactly do you mean? You're in UK so if things are plugged in by three pin plug they should be grounded??

Maybe you mean you're not using balanced connections....but if it does it on headphones I doubt that's the issue

Definitely try another USB port.. maybe another cable, Also if you have any wired mice around try swapping out for your wireless.

It was the USB port, some of mine seem to be poor for audio signal (including the C Type). I tested another 4 ports which seem to work ok.

Yes I was referring to balanced leads (though my headphone amp does not have balanced ins and outs). When you mentioned grounding I thought perhaps you were referring to a tech method of balancing all your inputs and outputs and making sure such things do not happen.

I think perhaps getting some new higher quality leads and treating this issue is next on my agenda.

I will say, credit to Audient, I am a nervous wreck as while listening to my rough recordings, aside from the issue just solved, I am hearing so many more pops and cracks which it seems to draw more attention to