Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 07-30-2012, 07:09 AM   #161
reverbdk
Human being with feelings

Default Great idea!

This Discussion is a great idea.
Here's what I can do:

- Write lyrics in nearly any context. If you give me a song and a theme I can come up with several ideas for lyrics/the whole song.

- Take my inspiration from the interaction between electronic synths and acoustic guitar sounds. My music style reflects this, though I'm not sure how I'd categorize it.

- Match an instrument with a tempo. For instance, if the instrument strums don't quite match up with the beat, I am very good at digging through and shifting notes to get everything to match (MIDI or waveform).

Instruments I play/record:
-Acoustic guitar (Takamine)
-Electric guitar (PRS Mira X)
-Vox
-synth, synth drums, synth bass

Check out my music on soundcloud.com/brobront if you would be interested in collaborating at all in anyway. I will consider all of you guys as well as I dig through this forum

"That's my motto...that and everybody wang chung tonight"
reverbdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #162
Ralphm773

Default Male Vocalist

Male Singer; in the vain of Robert Plant, Michael Hutchence, Bowie. Open to all types of music. (Will write lyrics too).
Ralphm773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #163
Davesax1965

I'm a sax player - been playing 37 years and had ten saxes at one point ! (Down to six, now.... ) All styles, really. I've done a few collab tracks over the internet and really enjoy doing it - I'm semi pro, so I do charge. There are, I've found, a few pluses and minuses to recording at a distance. Pluses - no bands local to me - minuses, you have to be lucky in who you find, as conversation is at the speed of e-mail. Sometimes being in the same room helps !

http://soundcloud.com/davesax1965/co...ion-with-janne - quick example piece. ;-)

Last edited by Davesax1965; 11-07-2012 at 03:54 AM.
Davesax1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #164
L_Grizzle

Hello thread!

I've been playing bass for about 15 years now, so that's what I would be most comfortable offering to a collaboration (I can also program synth bass quite well if that's what you're looking for, but primarily electric bass).

My background is mostly rock oriented (indie/ pop/ alternative/ modern), but I studied jazz for a while, and have been digging some progressive metal stuff as well as hip hop lately.
L_Grizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #165
suleiman

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_Grizzle View Post
Hello thread!

I've been playing bass for about 15 years now, so that's what I would be most comfortable offering to a collaboration (I can also program synth bass quite well if that's what you're looking for, but primarily electric bass).

My background is mostly rock oriented (indie/ pop/ alternative/ modern), but I studied jazz for a while, and have been digging some progressive metal stuff as well as hip hop lately.
tried to pm you but it wouldnt happen

drop me line at muslimpunk (at) yahoo (dot) com

Salamat
suleiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:18 AM   #166
mmutee

Hello All!

Little hard to explain what I am capable of. I totally rely on sample libraries and virtual instruments, see myself as a producer, arranger and composer. Influences include Rock (Blues based stuff, Stoner, Hard Rock, Alt, Post-Grunge, 80s/90s), Metal (Thrash, Heavy Metal) Western Classical, South Asian, Indian Classical, Pop, Pop-Rock, New Age/Ambient.

I am big on harmonies and backing vocals as well as melodic hooks in the chorus (grew up listening to Def Leppard, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith). You can say I am a chorus guy, or a Pop chorus guy to be more accurate.

I am torn between darkness and sugar.

http://soundcloud.com/mutee/6thseptember
http://soundcloud.com/mutee/hollywood-mixlast2vd
http://soundcloud.com/mutee/leona-lewis-trouble-hdremix
mmutee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #167
mbr1967

Default Collab

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldByChoice View Post
Hi guys!

I'm a singer, 100%. I've done most styles except extreme "scream singing" but I'm starting to learn that too! It would be awesome to collaborate with other members here at the REAPER forum.
Do you still like to sing or contribute on songs? There are some things that need lyrics and a voice.

Find some of my older stuff here: http://soundcloud.com/michaelbecker

Would be nice to hear something!

Cheers
Michael
Old 12-25-2012, 05:18 AM   #168
Hans Mulders

Default Drummer (live recordings) available (Pop, Funk, Jazz)

Hey people,

Looking for a drummer to lay down some tracks ? I've been playing drums for 25 years. Mostly Funk, Jazz and Pop. No metal for me.

I've set up a small project/drum studio, running Reaper as a DAW. I can provide clean audio tracks, or apply some production to it.

Check out some youtubes if you want

https://www.youtube.com/user/drainage...ew=0&flow=grid

Cheers,

Hans.
Hans Mulders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:12 AM   #169
suleiman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmutee View Post
Hello All!

Little hard to explain what I am capable of. I totally rely on sample libraries and virtual instruments, see myself as a producer, arranger and composer. Influences include Rock (Blues based stuff, Stoner, Hard Rock, Alt, Post-Grunge, 80s/90s), Metal (Thrash, Heavy Metal) Western Classical, South Asian, Indian Classical, Pop, Pop-Rock, New Age/Ambient.

I am big on harmonies and backing vocals as well as melodic hooks in the chorus (grew up listening to Def Leppard, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith). You can say I am a chorus guy, or a Pop chorus guy to be more accurate.

I am torn between darkness and sugar.

http://soundcloud.com/mutee/6thseptember
http://soundcloud.com/mutee/hollywood-mixlast2vd
http://soundcloud.com/mutee/leona-lewis-trouble-hdremix
WELCOME ! you are the first other pakistani i have met here and im stoked ! i heard one of your songs (6th september) and was overwhelmed....love the melodic classic style hooks..im also a big fan of pop rock type choruses.

Salamat
Old 01-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #170
megalodon

Default Guitarist for hire :)

For collaborations, guitar lessons (NL), or other info/feedback:
rdbizz(at)online.nl

Can do both solos and comping (chords), with either pick or fingers. Prefer to use

influences without sounding too cliche. So if I play blues, it won't be typical blues,

but the blues-feel is there. Same for other genres.

These days I mostly play (clean) electric guitar, but can also do distortion since I've

done that for years also. Still learning mixing, so pay more attention to the playing

itself. I would prefer a small fee.

A few impressions:

Bluesy Improv (collaboration with Jungle/breakbeat artist...I don't like that little 'tick' you hear, but it's his track):
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/107373819/R...ds_mixdown.mp3

Instrumental pop/Rock (self composed song):
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/107373819/RD_Aroom_sample.mp3

Nylon string sample (electric acoustic Crafter CT-125 (turn down volume a bit):
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/107373819/R...concept%29.mp3

Video of self-composed jazzy sounding song:
http://vimeo.com/45858860

Cheers,

Mega

Last edited by megalodon; 01-16-2013 at 08:20 AM.
megalodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #171
postpunkd

I play noisy wannabe Thurston Moore guitar and write songs in which I play all the parts. I have experience making beats as I don't use live drums, only sample loops I create using a drum machine app.
postpunkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:30 AM   #172
suleiman

Quote:
Originally Posted by postpunkd View Post
I play noisy wannabe Thurston Moore guitar and write songs in which I play all the parts. I have experience making beats as I don't use live drums, only sample loops I create using a drum machine app.
Welcome ! Links to ur stuff ?

Salamat
Old 02-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #173
WyattRice

I'm available for session work for a fee. I'm a acoustic guitar player, and can do bluegrass stuff, as well as folk and acoustic jazz.

I can be contacted via my website.
www.wyattrice.com

Thanks
Old 02-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #174
morgon

Quote:
Originally Posted by suleiman View Post
WELCOME ! you are the first other pakistani i have met here and im stoked ! i heard one of your songs (6th september) and was overwhelmed....love the melodic classic style hooks..im also a big fan of pop rock type choruses.
Thats way cool style synth and gtr as well.

Last edited by morgon; 02-26-2013 at 11:52 AM.
morgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:45 AM   #175
HugoRibeiroDotCom

Some of you probably already know... I do session drum work.
More info on my website linked in my sig.

cheers
HugoRibeiroDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #176
morgon

Default Guitar slinger for hire

Check my sig links for examples, also know theory and can play melodically Rock/Pop/Metal.
morgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:27 AM   #177
Sliphorn

Default Trombone Player

Hey all,

I'm happy to collaborate on whatever. I play trombone and arrange and contract horns of all types. Whatever you need, I can get.

For personal fun projects I'll consider freebies...if it's fun!

Otherwise I'll do whatever for a fee.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #178
xethicx

Alright then... hrmmm

I am available for vocals for starters, I can sing various types of metal, screams, growls, gutteral growls, cleans etc. I can also sing punk rock, old style country, alt rock and more.

Guitar wise I am available as a rhythm player for now as am retraining my lead skills. I can play all of the above genres and more, NO JAZZ.

Bass, I can write a good hooky bass line for almost anything or just play it straight up.

Drums, I am available for playing or programming drums, I can play my e-kit or mic up an acoustic kit however playing the drums is a little inconvenient for session work since I would have to move my set up to my rehearsal space and do a days worth of stuff. I have just about every midi pack and drum software VSTi on the market and then some however so I am always happy to whip up drums for people in need.

Writing is my strong suit, I am able to write full songs in many genres, lyrics on my topics and play any of the instruments involved.

Producing is also a strong suit for me, if you need help just toss it at me.

PLEASE NOTE: I am always looking for solos for metal and hard rock stuff, if youre a shredder, get in touch.

Last edited by xethicx; 03-09-2013 at 11:51 AM.
xethicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:33 PM   #179
moda253

Default Looking for help in Mix and Mastering

Not sure if this is the right place for me to post this or not but my band just started using Reaper for recording. We had previously used Garage Band and some logic. What we are looking for is someone that might be able to help in mixing and mastering and would be willing to pay something for your trouble. We are pretty good at capturing the audio, micing properly, and setting levels, but we are still learning the nuances of mixing and mastering.

We are looking to create a 5-6 song demo that has a bit more polish than the standard demo. If this is somethign that you might find interesting please PM me.
moda253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #180
texrat

Default Intro

I'm a longtime songwriter (various genres) trying for the past few years to get a collaborative album done. Frustrated at every turn by loss of my singing voice, inability to play any instrument decently and persistent failure at getting a decent mix from Band in a Box projects via Sonar, Reaper or anything else I've tried.

So I'll be posting what I *can* manage to do at Kompoz (same user name: http://www.kompoz.com/compose-collab...memberId=20520), and hoping some real musicians take pity on a singularly-talented songwriter to join in on creating some fun stuff.

(nice community here by the way)
texrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #181
baciccinvatteneaca

Decreasing skill level (Beginner in everything):
Arranger
Bass (funk mostly, don't ask walking!, rock, I try prog)
Rythmic guitar (folk, acoustic)
Rythmic guitar (electric, funky)
Rythmic mandoline/ CGCGCD guitar
Recorder/tin whistle
Solos
Oxygen 88 and 6gb VSTs with some basic piano playing

I live in Milan (Italy)
baciccinvatteneaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:50 AM   #182
Ortmeyer

I play the talkbox and i rap and sing a little. BTW has anyone actually made some songs together (in this thread)?
Ortmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #183
Ralphm773

I have one in process with bruffstar, sounding really nice too.
Ralphm773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:24 AM   #184
rgraceful

Brand new to Reaper;3 years on PT
Bass and some Vox can play rock to country.
Past 10 years programming midi stuff and Lyrics/Songwriting...
Looking for Christian Rock or clean Rock collaboration Country ok ...
you can hear 6 demo songs I wrote , programmed , and recorded at...

Reverbnation/rgraceful
rgraceful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #185
BlessedOne72

Default Drummer, Vocalist, Guitarist, Arranger, Composer, Programmer and so on ...

all right ... ;

been playing drums for about 20years and grown up in the DAW-era .
got myself a nice small room to jam and record what ever instruments .

I have a TAMA RockStar-acoustic kit hooked up with a Roland TMC-6 (Trigger to MIDI) - controller and a Zildjian ZBT-Cymbal set, cowbell shakers, guiros, etc .

I am able to multi-track 8-tracks simultaenously 96Khz 32Bit using a Phonic Firefly 808 Universal
and six channels of MIDI with the TMC-6 .

My Mic selection is quite lo-fi AKG ? on kick, Shure SM-57 on snare top, samson ? on the bottom,
T-Bone Mics on toms and overheads, and a very good hi-hat mic of which brand I don't recall (JTS- ?) .

I have a bad tendency to over-process recorded drum-tracks ...
actually I'm quite satisfied with how the drum-kit and room sound without any processing .

I know it's not the punchy and crispy metal type overall sound ...
but isn't drum-tracks in modern music mostly sample-replaced . Thumbs up for Jonas's DrumReaplacer and Drumagog .

I am an all around drummer, no double-kick metal playing though (gotta keep my left foot free for those nice hi-hat things (: )

So if you have some material that need's a real drummer,
please private mail me with links to your ideas (we could also use Gobbler, Mediafire, Skydrive) or mail me an mp3 or ogg attachment with and without drum-backing and well see if we can make the ends meet .

As for the other instruments in the header ... let's see what I might come up with .

with interest,

zergei Warwick .
Koski TL,
Suomi, Finland .

test for echo -->

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/g8b9...elAllright.mp3

Last edited by BlessedOne72; 07-13-2013 at 01:48 PM. Reason: added a link to mp3 - preview
BlessedOne72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:21 AM   #186
Dagfinn

Default Guitarist, some bass and midi drums

Hi!

I play metal guitar first and foremost, but can play bass and program drums when needed.

I have some material at https://soundcloud.com/dagfinn-vstrud, and I'm looking for someone to do growling vocals, and perhaps even bass and live drums. I have a possible drum collab going, but the extreme latency in that particular online conversation has me keeping my options open. I make music as a hobby these days, but it would be cool to complete and release a full album. Sort of a bucket list thing.

/Dagfinn
Dagfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:56 AM   #187
Vendetta V

I'm a shredder/instrumentalist. Wouldn't mind collabbing with a hiphop artist. Going for some old school vibe with guitars and everything. May be think Science Faxtion ish

if anybody's up.
Also I'd be expecting to sell the stuff so think about the copyright and how we'd split the income and whatnot.... IF it sells
Vendetta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:01 PM   #188
saresu.bass

Default I'm a Brazilian bassist, percussionist and guitarist

On bass I play funk, soul and latin rhythms. (Prince, James Brown, Larry Graham, Victor Wooten, my main influences). But of cous I can play other stuff too... no Jazz please.

I study and play Afro-Caribbean rhythms using 2 Congas.

On nylon guitar I play Bossa Nova... and all that Brazilian stuff.

I've been away from people... For a couple years living in a small village in the middle of nowhere in Japan. I'd love to start contributing with something.

My songs here:
http://soundcloud.com/diego-doo

Peace.
saresu.bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #189
stinky634

Wow, lots of bass players here, for some reason I didn't expect that!!

Anyway, I've been on bass for 15 years or so, I play regularly at a 5000+ weekly attendance church. I play mainly indie type rock, hard rock, and am always into good grooves and hip hop type beats with catchy bass lines. I have a small assortment of effects that allow for a synthy type sound if needed.

I would love to lay down some bass on a few tracks.

Here is some of the equipment I use:
- Warwick Streamer LX 5 string - Very modern sounding, I always get compliments on this from our sound team.
- Warwick Corvette 5 - Darker sounding, mainly my backup
- 1979 Peavey T-40 - strung with flatwounds, used for my vintage tone needs
- Eden combo - 2 channel (tube/solid pre)
- Focusrite Saffire 6 - Very clean interface, makes my bass sing like it should
stinky634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #190
fwd0120

Default Guitar player!

Guitarist here! Here is some of my stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/user/fwd0120
I have session experience and have a good knowledge in recording. I'd like to think I am versatile and take instruction well.
fwd0120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:05 PM   #191
instinctual jealousy

tl;dr My strengths are guitar programming, melody, and harsh vocals.

I produce metal music via the joys of sample sets.
I can work with Shreddage X, DirectBass 2 (although I'm not great with it), TheoK Yamaha Pacifica (but not as good as maestro Theodor Krueger himself) and ezdrummer.

I find the drum programming the most boring part oftentimes though, and while I think I'm good at it compared to some people, it's the first thing I'd love to give other people a shot at.

I can do decent clean vocals, but my dominant style these days is a harsh vocal style that is somewhat a cross between black metal and metalcore, I guess. And I don't like metalcore at all, so crap.

I'm not that great at production, and I'm sure many do a better job. If someone was stylistically in tune with what I enjoyed, I'd probably have fun being a vocalist/melodic collaborator in their ideas even if they were the primary writer. Not interested in payment of any kind, so feel free to get a hold of me if you want.

Would absolutely love more of an excuse to clean sing, too...

Last edited by instinctual jealousy; 06-24-2014 at 06:02 AM.
instinctual jealousy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:42 AM   #192
ginormous

Default piano needed for soul tune

Hi. I'm a guitarist/bassist/drummer-slash-programmer/vocalist.

My style is mostly neo soul/R&B, blues, with a little bit of jazz (I do a really terrible George Benson "singalong" guitar solo).

I focus mostly on songwriting, and I'm looking for talented amateurs to do virtual sessions (.wav and .mid file exchanges, not set up for Ninjam yet) for demos and possible tracks for indie release. I don't have money to pay right now, but any and all efforts will be credited, and we can work something out if there are any profits.

Of course, I will gladly reciprocate for the same. Vocally, I'm a baritone crossing over into bass for harmonies; on bass, I can slap and stay in a groove. I'm programming drum tracks with a 70s studio sound and feel.

Here's something I did totally solo, totally Reaper and totally freeware: "Gimme Your Money (Hand It Over)"

Right now I'm working on a song project that needs a gospelly R&B piano behind it, doing fills and comping. I'll take either a wav file (44.1 or 48k, 24 bit) or a MIDI file (.mid). Here's a version with my pilot/scratch vocal. Key of B-flat, tempo 90 BPM. "Lifetime Love"

Last edited by ginormous; 05-13-2014 at 08:33 PM. Reason: updated link
ginormous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:41 PM   #193
Danger_buffalo

Default Can't write vocals for my life

I make metal, I can't really think of what genre to really call it, but if anyone would want to write/record vocals, that would be pretty awesome
https://soundcloud.com/danger-buffalo-1/tracks
Danger_buffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 01:09 AM   #194
sm4rpq

Default Accordionist joining in

If anyone needs some accordion sound, feel free to ask. Been playing for 35 years.

Not very good at improvising so need sheet music and probably some background track. MIDI may also work as I have Finale which can do midi to sheet music translation.

Have access to a good room to record in (~800m^2 with >8m ceiling height)

Regards
Leif
sm4rpq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 01:16 AM   #195
Lerxst

Composer/writer/arranger --- producer checking in.
Lerxst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:51 PM   #196
s_hubbard1982

Default Collaboration

I am a guitarist, leaning heavily on metal and hard rock influences for my sound. I write and record all my own stuff which can be heard here www.soundcloud.com/beneath-the-ashes

I would really like to share ideas and mixes along with work on songs together. Most of my tracks contain vocals which I did as well. My style of playing is a mixture of a lot, but if I had to choose 3 I would say Killswitch Engage, Parkway Drive, and Metallica.

Look forward to hearing from anyone interested.
s_hubbard1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:43 PM   #197
SomersetSongwriter

Default Country style singers and musicians with home studios?

I'm mainly a songwriter but play a bit of guitar and bass and am very interested in getting some global projects on the go!

At the moment, I am writing a lot of Nashville style new-country and need some male and female country voices, but could also use a good regular banjo picker, slide guitarist and keyboard player.

If you are interested, drop a line to info@songwritersuk.com and let's talk!
Old 07-03-2014, 02:51 PM   #198
k!lowatt

I am primarily a developer. I was a musician in a previous life, but not I only play acoustic guitar to sketch out ideas. Other than that I'm not much of an instrumentalist right now so I'm afraid I'll be pretty useless to most buuuuut...

I've developed a plugin (Aleator) that endlessly generates MIDI events for drums, bass, rhythm (chords) and lead melodies. These events are based on XML that is packaged within the plugin and at the root of it instruct the plugin what triad is to be played and for how long to hold it. Think of it like an endless, randomized player piano for those instruments. You can see it in action at the site in my sig.

I would be interested in collaborating with someone who had interest in:

a)using the plugin however they saw fit and then sharing the results with me or
b)helping to come up with some cool presets/multis that will sound good with what i'm doing. I'm not a producer so this is all new to me...I'm sure there are a lot of experts on here who could really take this to another level.

iTunes Radio: Staggered Laboratories - Facets
k!lowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:13 PM   #199
saila

Hello! Looking for assistance here! I'm trying to release a project within the next 2-4 months!

Im working on some just some feel good hip-hop. Looking for any assistance that i can get. I have the majority of production done, and working on solidifying the tracks!

This is one of the angles of approach.
https://soundcloud.com/prettydickdaniel/so-in-love
saila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:39 PM   #200
Triode

Default Drums and Mix/Recording

I play drums with brushes and beaters like this.

Also a mix and recording engineer at Toybox Studios, UK.
I like getting sounds with careful mic placement and tuning into where the music's coming from.
Shout me if I can help with anything.