Old 02-02-2013, 01:48 AM   #161
ScottRiley
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltonight View Post
Hey folks,

I bought headcase last month, and then went traveling and didn't mess with it for a while. Seems I missed some major drama resulting in the Virtual Amp Stash's disappearance. Does anyone know if there's a new VAS or similar resource popping up?
Indeed, we are going to go live today with a new head sharing section of our site; so anyone who wants/has heads can get/share them. I'll post again in here when we're ready and set up
ScottRiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #162
JohnnyMcFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Good to hear. Life has been interesting enough already for you guys.
haha Thats an understatement..
Old 02-05-2013, 06:25 AM   #163
SecondUp

Default Storage for head case amps.........

http://www.virtualampstash.com/

Last edited by SecondUp; 02-06-2013 at 02:11 AM.
SecondUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:17 AM   #164
ivansc

YAY! Off to plunder.....
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:27 AM   #165
EvilDragon

Would be cool if there were just a sticky thread with all the links in one place. This is taking way too much time going in and out of threads.
EvilDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:40 AM   #166
Stu

I haven't used Headcase for a little while as I've been busy with a mixing project, is this new amp stash still accessible from the plugin or has that functionality been lost?
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:09 AM   #167
ivansc

well i jst sucked up some heads....off to play.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #168
JohnnyMcFly

Stu, we'll be making our own internal browser very soon.. We're just not really sure what way to go with it right now. The new stash that we've just rolled out into beta has some further functionality that we're not sure how we're going to use. So stuff like head ratings and comments, forum posting etc. We're not really sure how we're going to incorporate that in the new browser, or even if..
Old 02-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #169
xethicx

Gonna buy this on Monday, how is it for high gain stuff guys?

For me, I absolutely loved my POD 2.0, I could dial up almost anything in a few seconds it seemed. After it died I went to a POD X3 live and really didnt like it much Im going all VST with my new set up, ive collected a TON of amp vsts, I also have guitar rig 5, the AMPS and metal guitar gods EZmix packs and im going to pick up the headcase vst as well.

I just hope I can get some crushing heavy tones with all of this stuff once my interface comes in.

Last edited by xethicx; 02-09-2013 at 12:58 PM.
xethicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #170
Stu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMcFly View Post
Stu, we'll be making our own internal browser very soon.. We're just not really sure what way to go with it right now. The new stash that we've just rolled out into beta has some further functionality that we're not sure how we're going to use. So stuff like head ratings and comments, forum posting etc. We're not really sure how we're going to incorporate that in the new browser, or even if..
Thanks for the info, I can imagine it's a difficult task to decide how it should work and integrate with the plugin. A short description and some kind of rating system would certainly help with choices, especially as the library grows in the future. I can't believe how many heads there are since I first bought Headcase, I'm guessing you're already at the point where you can officially say there are more amps available than any other product!
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #171
ivansc

first impressions are very favourable. I tend not to use high gain distortion monsters, but there are still some very usable amps up on the site already.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:17 AM   #172
JohnnyMcFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Thanks for the info, I can imagine it's a difficult task to decide how it should work and integrate with the plugin. A short description and some kind of rating system would certainly help with choices, especially as the library grows in the future. I can't believe how many heads there are since I first bought Headcase, I'm guessing you're already at the point where you can officially say there are more amps available than any other product!
@Stu
Easily outnumber any other plugin in terms of heads. However, thats not down to us, thats the community that has done that. So we have a few less right now because of the little stumble we had. The heads are still available, but not through official channels because they were not collected with a distribution agreement in place. If we ABG were collecting them we would have made sure that a distribution agreement was in place. However while most of these were being collected Scott and I were busy on building HC so VAS was doing the collection. I had two head counts given to me, one was 199 heads, the other was 285. Either way, lots available..

@xethicx
It should not matter what sound you are looking for, high gain, crunch etc, because you can open the head up and simply add or remove gain if you want. If you want to have more poweramp distortion than gain stage distortion thats possible too. Although the classic modern high gain sound is best with a clean poweramp..

One of the downfalls of head case is the speed at which it loads presets, and heads, this is because it has so much to do. Other products already know what they are loading in that their signal path and schematics are already built. Head Case does not have this, it has to build its schematic internally every time you load a head. It has no idea what the cutoffs are, what curves are being used, how many, or even what they look like! Now not only does it have to do all that, but it also has to ensure the schematic it is building works, and is safe.(no volume spikes or uncontrollable feedback for example)

Any change in a schematic. no matter how minor, affects and causes calculations throughout the entire schematic. In some cases large changes like signal routing changes cause an entire schematic redraw. For example change the tonestack position, or add a tonestack into the poweramp. Both of these changes will trigger a complete schematic redraw.

Anyways, what I'm getting at is Head case will NOT be a good solution to use Live. Instead, we have what used to be called the Preampus line, but now called Tone series. All of these heads, including Keith Merrow's head the Series 60 will be bult into that suite. Its going to be a no nonsense, no bells and whistles fast as fu#k suite designed for live use. It will have only the effects that are most used. Wah Delay, Chorus, Flanger, OD, FUZZ Tremolo. Stereo effects include Aftershock Delay, Ping Pong Delay, Chorus.
A single cab interface.

Here's what is special about Tone..
You can also order it customized with any head you want built in head case. When the HC heads in Tone switch, they will also switch at somewhere around 5-12 ms.

So, I would hold off on HC if you are planning to use it for live, its not a good fit for that, "Tone" however is a good fit for that. Tone is going to be about 40 dollars + any customizations you want. You will most likely not need any customizations to Tone, it will have enough flexibility and work right out of the box. Its just that some people want to design their amp in head case builder and use it live. In that case they would get their heads added to tone.

@ivansc
We spent at least quadrupple the time on achieving the crunch and mild breakup tones than we did on high gain. High gain is a relatively simple sound to get to. Once the wave is squared off, where do you go from there? The only thing to remember about High gain tones is that the filters you are using cannot have high Q to them, its like filtering the high end portion of white noise. Add a strong q to that and all you'll end up getting is a wah sound.

I wish I could get to making some more heads and videos for HC but we are in the middle of remaking the entire website, as well as updating all the freeware. Both of those things have been badly neglected throughout the head case development so I am concentrating on that now.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #173
JohnnyMcFly

Hi Guys, just thought I'd stop by and mention that our VAS Browser replacement has hit beta.

We have tried to place as much information and social connection at your fingertips as possible. Some will use the social aspects of it and some will not, the point is its there.
You can install, download, upload, read and make comments on heads, rate heads, go to the face book group, post a head to face book and elsewhere.. etc..

Those of you who are pre-purchasers, or new members, can go to http://acmebargig.com/beta/viewtopic...p=17642#p17642 to download the beta..

There is a limited number of heads available there right now, but that will grow as this app gets used more..
Old 02-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #174
pipelineaudio
Mortal

so far, so good!
Old 02-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #175
JohnnyMcFly

Thanks Pipe..
Old 07-29-2013, 10:17 AM   #176
JHughes

Hey Ken, where is the ABG forum now? Where to find latest versions of Headcase?
Old 07-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #177
richie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHughes View Post
Hey Ken, where is the ABG forum now? Where to find latest versions of Headcase?
Right HERE
Old 07-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #178
JHughes

Ah, thanks. I hadn't logged in and it said there were zero topics.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:57 AM   #179
hermitcrab

What happened to these ABG plugins. I can't find them anywhere. The link to their site just leads to an advert page....
hermitcrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 06:15 AM   #180
mabian

ABG is on Facebook only currently.

They decided to not have a website, which, if you ask me, it's a bit mad in 2014...

Also, people trying to get Head Case seem to have to contact the admins directly.

Not a great business model imo...

- Mario
Old 12-16-2014, 04:08 PM   #181
Stringer

It looks like somebody else owns the domain name now.

I am not on Facebook anymore. I was on it for about two months. A Facebook only strategy eliminates a lot of folks, but maybe they are not interested in old fogeys?
Old 12-16-2014, 07:47 PM   #182
donchilcott

Default How do you buy Acmebargig ???

All these posts with a link to a domain for sale??? Seems really silly I just did 10 searches and still seen where I can spend $ . Really? I found free version years ago and liked them. Now I'm here with a credit card hoping the price in in my budget and ... So far, no a Web site??? Kinda dumb for a team that makes such great amp sims...
donchilcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 09:23 PM   #183
rightonthemark

http://vstmuseum.com/grid_vst_AcmeBarGig/
rightonthemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 09:30 PM   #184
Fergler

The most annoying thing is the beta of Shred 1.5 which imo blows all headcase stuff out of the water and is a huge improvement over 1.06 IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND anymore. I've got a copy of it but it's illegal to upload, I've been told off once already here for sharing it. I never did find that download link again and it was probably illegal itself.

It would be wise for Mr. Mcfly to simply upload all his free stuff onto a cloud system like dropbox or google drive so they aren't just lost forever.