Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 01-02-2024, 11:14 AM   #1
fakemaxwell
Human being with feelings

Default Faderport FP2 (2018) not working in Windows 11

Just built a new Windows 11 computer and my 2018 Faderport isn't working in Reaper. All functions work fine in Studio One.

When enabled for MIDI input/output in MIDI Devices, nothing works, no CC inputs. When disabling MIDI input/output and using the built in Control Surface plugin, I get "Control Surface: Error Opening MIDI inputs." I am positive that it's disabled in MIDI Devices.

I've tried this about 12 different times. It all just worked last week on my Windows 10 computer. Tried it with my normal Reaper config and a completely clean portable install. Any ideas?
fakemaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 05:58 PM   #2
fakemaxwell
Human being with feelings

Okay, seem to have solved the problem in a most bizarre way. I have an older original Faderport as well that was exhibiting the same issue as the FP2. I downloaded Faderport XT to test, and that worked right away.

After using Faderport XT, everything else now works! The MIDI inputs on both FP1 and FP2 work fine, and the stock plugin for FP2 works as well. Truly strange. Just glad I don't have to buy a UF8 now.
fakemaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote