Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 06-08-2019, 10:19 PM   #1
aledosim
Human being with feelings

Default Crashes related to video track

Hello all.
I'm having some trouble with video tracks, when these are not in project everything works great. First, I cant move the needle with the arrows keys, it just close the window without further information after a feel seconds I pressed the keys. So I insisted and worked just with the mouse, by clicking along the timeline it works fine. But, when I tried to render happens something alike. After pressing the render button, it close the window without any warning or something.
Is there a log file that I can read to get some information?
I'm running version 5.978 under AntiX and don't have a clue of what is going on. Please someone help me.

Here is the Jack log:
Code:
Sun Jun  9 01:39:37 2019: [1m[31mERROR: JackEngine::XRun: client = REAPER was not finished, state = Triggered[0m
Sun Jun  9 01:39:37 2019: [1m[31mERROR: JackAudioDriver::ProcessGraphAsyncMaster: Process error[0m
Sun Jun  9 01:39:37 2019: Disconnecting 'system:capture_1' from 'REAPER:in1'
Sun Jun  9 01:39:37 2019: Disconnecting 'system:capture_2' from 'REAPER:in2'
Sun Jun  9 01:39:37 2019: Disconnecting 'REAPER:out1' from 'system:playback_1'
Sun Jun  9 01:39:37 2019: Disconnecting 'REAPER:out2' from 'system:playback_2'
Sun Jun  9 01:39:37 2019: [1m[31mERROR: Failed to find port 'REAPER:in1' to destroy[0m
Sun Jun  9 01:39:37 2019: [1m[31mERROR: Failed to find port 'REAPER:in2' to destroy[0m
Sun Jun  9 01:39:37 2019: [1m[31mERROR: Failed to find port 'REAPER:MIDI Output 1' to destroy[0m
Sun Jun  9 01:39:37 2019: [1m[31mERROR: Failed to find port 'REAPER:MIDI Output 2' to destroy[0m
Sun Jun  9 01:39:37 2019: [1m[31mERROR: Failed to find port 'REAPER:out1' to destroy[0m
Sun Jun  9 01:39:37 2019: [1m[31mERROR: Failed to find port 'REAPER:out2' to destroy[0m
Sun Jun  9 01:39:37 2019: Client 'REAPER' with PID 6195 is out
Sun Jun  9 01:39:39 2019: Client 'claudia' with PID 2790 is out

Last edited by aledosim; 06-08-2019 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Adding more information to clarify what happens
aledosim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:41 PM   #2
aledosim

Did some more search and found the idea of saving the output of terminal to a file. I'll try that in a fell days.
Considering that I have made other two exercises with video in other formats, I'm thinking that this problem is related to codecs.
Besides all that, I remembered to read here in some post that the video support in linux version is way too buggy yet.
Thanks.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:20 PM   #3
aledosim

Yey
Tried to run Reaper from a terminal and got a segmentation error, one time in the startup and then when I tried to render. Forgot to save the outputs. After that I tried to run with sudo and it worked well, rendering and stuff.
Then I tried again without sudo. Got the theme messed up, I think it returned configurations to defaults. When I try to render this way, sometimes it is successful. But now, when the error occurs, it shows me that something went wrong and don't close the window without any warning.
Does anyone know what might be causing this segmentation error?

Here's the output when it goes wrong (without sudo). The segmentation error appear at the last line:
Code:
jack: created client
jack: setting TIME_CRITICAL = 4
swell: dlopen() failed: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.11' not found (required by /home/jonh5ck/.config/REAPER/UserPlugins/reaper_reapack64.so)
Error loading /home/jonh5ck/.config/REAPER/UserPlugins/reaper_reapack64.so: (null)
jack: activated client
/dev/cpu_dma_latency: permission denied
mlockall(MCL_FUTURE|MCL_CURRENT): OK
Falha de segmentação
Here's the output when it is successful (without sudo):
Code:
swell: dlopen() failed: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.11' not found (required by /home/jonh5ck/.config/REAPER/UserPlugins/reaper_reapack64.so)
Error loading /home/jonh5ck/.config/REAPER/UserPlugins/reaper_reapack64.so: (null)
munlockall(): OK
jack: deactivated client
jack: close client
munlockall(): OK
jack: deactivated client
jack: close client
Here's the output with sudo:
Code:
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
error creating client
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
error creating client
[mov @ 0x12e7420] Using AVStream.codec.time_base as a timebase hint to the muxer is deprecated. Set AVStream.time_base instead.
[mov @ 0x12e7420] Using AVStream.codec to pass codec parameters to muxers is deprecated, use AVStream.codecpar instead.
[mov @ 0x12e7420] Using AVStream.codec.time_base as a timebase hint to the muxer is deprecated. Set AVStream.time_base instead.
[mov @ 0x12e7420] Using AVStream.codec to pass codec parameters to muxers is deprecated, use AVStream.codecpar instead.
[swscaler @ 0x7f6d08030600] deprecated pixel format used, make sure you did set range correctly
[mov @ 0x12e7420] Timestamps are unset in a packet for stream 1. This is deprecated and will stop working in the future. Fix your code to set the timestamps properly
[mov @ 0x12e7420] Encoder did not produce proper pts, making some up.
[mov @ 0x12e7420] not writing 'chan' tag due to lack of channel information
Old 06-15-2019, 09:33 PM   #4
JamesPeters

I don't know specifically what you mean when you say "move the needle with the arrow keys" (I'm guessing you mean move the playback position cursor and/or scrub with the arrow keys of your keyboard?) But I have no problems navigating a video project with the keyboard or mouse.

I'm not using JACK though. I'm using ALSA. Try just using ALSA to see if somehow it's related to using JACK; that would be a starting point.

I also notice you're using AntiX and you're having some error with ReaPack. I'm using MX Linux which has and older version of GCC (6.3.0), so I can't run the latest version of ReaPack (I had to "pin" an older version for now). Check this post, and the one it links to, for more information. You may be having the same issue if you're not running the latest AntiX (unless you're running 19-beta1, your GCC version is 6.3.0 too, which means you can't run the latest ReaPack).

(edit) I did some more testing, and I was able to make Reaper crash by doing a lot of navigation of a video track by scrubbing backwards and forwards, making random changes in direction and starting/stopping playback with the keyboard too. I'm not able to reproduce this reliably though.

Last edited by JamesPeters; 06-15-2019 at 09:42 PM.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 04:34 AM   #5
aledosim

Hello
Sorry for my late reply.

Quote:
I don't know specifically what you mean when you say "move the needle with the arrow keys" (I'm guessing you mean move the playback position cursor and/or scrub with the arrow keys of your keyboard?) But I have no problems navigating a video project with the keyboard or mouse.
Quote:
(edit) I did some more testing, and I was able to make Reaper crash by doing a lot of navigation of a video track by scrubbing backwards and forwards, making random changes in direction and starting/stopping playback with the keyboard too. I'm not able to reproduce this reliably though
This is exactly what I mean. Now I have a new installation of AntiX without Jack, will try it with Alsa.

Thanks for your GCC tip and your time.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:10 AM   #6
aledosim

Hi
Now I'm running AntiX 17.4 Core with i3wm and Liquorix stretch kernel (the most resource saving system I can build). Did a quick test with the crashing project and it went well using alsa. I changed the playback position with mouse and keyboard and it isn't crashing, at least until now which is far more editing time than before. The downside of this is that most Linux audio plugins use jack and I'm not using the KXStudio repo. If I get some more information or issues will post again.
Thanks a lot.