Old 03-06-2019, 06:06 PM   #1
Mikethebass
Human being with feelings

Default Simple Midi questions?

I running Reaper under windows 10 with a Zoom R16 as my interface and an EMu Xboard 25 as my midi controller / keyboard.

The system works quite well and reliably, problems tend to end up being user error and faulty memory (mine).

Most questions I come across end up being yes Reaper can do it but just how?

Todays questions

Normally at the end of a day I disconnect the Zoom from it's USB connection to my PC. If I leave it connected the USB power stays live and I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

On next start up if I forget to connect the Zoom before starting Reaper it is understandably not reconised. I then have to close Reaper, connect the Zoom and restart Reaper. Not a big issue but irritating. Is there no way to ask Reaper to rescan for audio devices when it is running? Audacity has this feature.

The same applies to the Emu controller. If I forget to power this up before starting Reaper is there any way to rescan?

If I'm having a really bad day I can start the PC and be faced with a Windows Update screen before anything else!!
Mikethebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 06:16 PM   #2
Coachz

Put a button in your toolbar that has the action reset midi devices assigned to it. Can you just a single click away from using your MIDI device

Coachz Repo
Coachz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 03:24 AM   #3
foxAsteria

If my device is not connected before running Reaper, I only have to hit play to initialize it. I have a handful of devices, including a Zoom H6 and it works for all of them. Maybe sometimes I will have to open the device prefs and hit ok. You should be able to go directly to the audio device page by clicking the buffer info on the right of your menu bar.

For MIDI devices I usually do have to run the reset MIDI devices action, which I stuck in one of the menus for convenience.