Old 02-18-2021, 01:46 AM   #1
DJ ALX
Human being with feelings

Default Batch Deconvolution in ReaVerb ?

Hello all.

Is there any way to automate deconvolution in Reaper or is there a batch deconvolver I could use? Maybe a third party one?

Ive been making IRs of software like Waves NLS since I want the EQ curve and non-linearities of each dual mono pair channel (phasing differences) without the terrible aliasing it produces (even at 96khz).

Any advise is appreciated.
DJ ALX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 04:35 AM   #2
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ ALX View Post
I want the EQ curve and non-linearities ...
Convolution (ReaVerb) can reproduce linear functions such EQ curves. reverb, echo, ..., but no nonlinear behavior (distortion, ...)

Usually aliasing also only is introduced by nonlinear behavior or a plugin. Hence the NLS would not do aliasing if it could be replaced by a convolution algorithm.

-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 01:25 AM   #3
DJ ALX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Convolution (ReaVerb) can reproduce linear functions such EQ curves. reverb, echo, ..., but no nonlinear behavior (distortion, ...)

Usually aliasing also only is introduced by nonlinear behavior or a plugin. Hence the NLS would not do aliasing if it could be replaced by a convolution algorithm.

-Michael
Yes I know. Im not talking about distortion. I have IRed NLS dual mono channels with much success. If you feed some dual mono channels with a mono sound, lets say a kick drum that plays at center, if you check the phase you wont see a clean vertical line. Youll see that some of the frequencies are out of phase giving a slight stereo image. I have made IRs of this and now I can place this on my busses without having the NLS distortion and aliasing.
DJ ALX is offline   Reply With Quote