Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 09-26-2020, 12:35 PM   #41
Luster
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinGShore View Post
Justin/Schwa, can you guys update the WALTER and Theme Development reference pages to include all the new stuff?

Yeah, guys please. That trial and error method is tiring when you just want your theme mod start to work with this feature.
Luster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 01:28 PM   #42
mikostep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luster View Post
Yeah, guys please. That trial and error method is tiring when you just want your theme mod start to work with this feature.
Look at previous posts, already done.
mikostep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 02:21 PM   #43
Luster

I don't know what you mean (=what post you are refering too). I am talking about the official documentation - it is and was always pretty minimalistic regarding the theming possibilities but e.g. right now I have just no idea what images are in use in case the one needed is missing. Not everybody has the time to read through all the threads were some piece of information may be located.
Luster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 01:49 AM   #44
sonicowl

Default 6.14 BLM

REAPER 6.14: Black Lives Matter.
Was just reading the news... I understand each individual is entitled to their political etc opinion. But BLM movement it getting more and more aggressive, attacking people and so. Do we really need to see BLM in a title of Reaper DAW, release after release? I suggest that title be changed. Why not stick to quotes from Star Wars and such?
sonicowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 06:47 PM   #45
foxAsteria

And here we go...
Old 09-28-2020, 05:23 AM   #46
Archimedes

Default MIDI Editor Horiz Scroll Bar nit

I downloaded 6.14 over the weekend, and worked primarily in the MIDI editor.

On one occasion, the horizontal scroll bar was as far to the right as possible, even though the editor was as far to the left as possible. As soon as I grabbed the scroll bar, the editor caught up with the scroll bar and became right-aligned, thus synchronizing the scroll bar with the piano roll.

Windows 10, latest build

Just FYI - it's not a show-stopper. Just a nit.
Archimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 11:15 AM   #47
cymbals

Default Windows 10 2004

The Windows 10 2004 update was forced on me today, and was worried Reaper 6.14 would have issues, but no new issues, so thank you!! Job well done! My first measure-midi- issue-not-playing also is fixed!
cymbals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 04:52 AM   #48
mikostep

It would be great if they would allow two columns of inserts and both sends and receives in the send slot. Is this too much to ask?
mikostep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 10:20 PM   #49
mschnell

No. But this is the wrong thread and the wrong forum for Feature requests.

-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 06:53 AM   #50
shanabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicowl View Post
REAPER 6.14: Black Lives Matter.
Was just reading the news... I understand each individual is entitled to their political etc opinion. But BLM movement it getting more and more aggressive, attacking people and so. Do we really need to see BLM in a title of Reaper DAW, release after release? I suggest that title be changed. Why not stick to quotes from Star Wars and such?
Agreed. Done with Reaper. Keep ya politics out of your business and mine
shanabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 07:50 AM   #51
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
Agreed. Done with Reaper. Keep ya politics out of your business and mine
Just get ya a hex editor, search for the offending line in REAPER, replacing it with the exact number of characters, such as "Use The Force Luke", and then your copy will say stuff you like!!!

Note: you will need to repeat this process for each release, and don't let Cockos know you f@cked around with their executable.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 04:12 PM   #52
outpatient

who are these people that even notice the tagline? do they open up REAPER and the about page and sit and stare at it?

regardless, 'black lives matter' is a basic moral statement, not some radical political take. for a person with any decency, actually a real simple and agreeable moral statement.

if you have issues with the organisation that calls itself black lives matter, or people purporting to represent such an organisation, go complain to them, not cockos. I don't barge into my greengrocer and start whining about the apple section just because I dislike tim cook
outpatient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 10:40 PM   #53
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by outpatient View Post
regardless, 'black lives matter' is a basic moral statement,
Obviously. all human lives matter for mankind.
Equally obviously, no human lives at all matter for the Universe.
-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 10-09-2020 at 10:24 PM.
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 01:18 AM   #54
enroe

Quote:

... regardless, 'black lives matter' is a basic moral statement, ...
+ 1 exactly,

and more than that: It's these little mottos that make Justin and John
appear to me not only as ingenious developers, but also as consciously
sympathetic people.
Old 10-09-2020, 01:05 PM   #55
fetidus

Quote:
who are these people that even notice the tagline? do they open up REAPER and the about page and sit and stare at it?

regardless, 'black lives matter' is a basic moral statement, not some radical political take. for a person with any decency, actually a real simple and agreeable moral statement.

if you have issues with the organisation that calls itself black lives matter, or people purporting to represent such an organisation, go complain to them, not cockos. I don't barge into my greengrocer and start whining about the apple section just because I dislike tim cook
Agreed that Justin and Co. can do whatever they want with their product. Justin has tagged Reaper with a variety of politically oriented words before, and personally I wish they wouldn't, but that is their choice as developers and artists in their own right. And it's my (and your) choice to continue to use (or not use) Reaper. I of course respect that passionate artists are socially and politically active, and if we know anything about Justin, he is definitely not your average developer and has strong opinions, which is why Reaper is so unique today. And again, anyone who is offended by their statements or tags in the Reaper title, can choose to not use Reaper as a product.

However, I just want to point out that the tag they used was "Black Lives Matter," not "black lives matter" (as you wrote it) or even "Black lives matter." And again, they can say and endorse what they want, but the implication is the capitalized version of "Black Lives Matter," which to me implies endorsement of the actual BLM organization/movement, as opposed to the general moral sentiment. The distinction is important. Justin or Schwa can of course correct me if I'm wrong about their intentions, but I read it that they are endorsing not just the moral issue and human ideal that there *should* be racial equality, (which of course there should be), but they are also endorsing BLM (aka Black Lives Matter Foundation, Inc) as well.

If they are actually endorsing Black Lives Matter Foundation, Inc., as represented and run by the BLM founders, including Patrisse Cullors, for example, I do wonder if they are fully aware of the Marxist viewpoints and agenda that she and other key BLM founders have expressed? A careful and thorough listen to public statements of Patrisse Cullors, for example, will make it clear what she and many of the key organizers think, which may or may not be what Justin and Schwa really think, and which may or may not be what the majority of people who use the term "Black lives matter" actually think. The nuances are important in my view.

In any case, I do wish that Justin and Schwa would leave politics out of a DAW, especially of an issue that can be interpreted so differently and divisively by so many people... again, they can do what they want, but personally I prefer my tools to be separate from the emotionally-charged world of politics, regardless of the leanings of the politics. If they feel very passionately about these kinds of things, I'd hope they express it of course -- in their social media, in their music, in their blogs, in their social activism, in their financial contributions, by voting, etc... but preferably not in the actual product. But again, it's their choice to make of course. And those that are bothered by it don't need to use their product.

Re: BLM Inc -- support or don't support Patrisse Cullors, it's up to you, either way, I hope that good people everywhere will support the moral concept that Black lives of course matter, without necessarily supporting the BLM Inc organization itself. But again, please don't bring the politics of it into a product. My two bits only, and no disrespect intended to anyone here who feels passionately about it.
fetidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 06:26 PM   #56
batcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by enroe View Post
+ 1 exactly,

and more than that: It's these little mottos that make Justin and John
appear to me not only as ingenious developers, but also as consciously
sympathetic people.
+ 1
I prefer companies that openly stand up for human rights.
"All humans are Homo Sapiens & the majority of us support human rights & equality. It's about common human decency & normal emotional intelligence that most have. It's normal good business ethics when companies support it. Go Reaper!"
batcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:49 AM   #57
reapercurious

"black lives matter" implies blacks are being genocided by white cops, meanwhile there were 14 unarmed black people killed by cops last year. some of those cops were black. so it promotes racism or the illogical premise that white people are inherently evil.

whose fault is it that more blacks kill blacks than anybody kills anybody in america, and that the music promote$ it? (that was a rhetorical question)

also there's no such thing as a "black life" just life, and life doesn't matter, compare the abortion rates, nobody is forcing people to kill babies. people are genociding themselves, all colors are doing it.

wait until "hispanic lives matter" hits, all you far left wingers are gonna be screwed.

Nobody hated trump before the media told people to.

DAW lives matter
reapercurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 05:25 PM   #58
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapercurious View Post
"black lives matter" implies blacks are being genocided by white cops
No, it doesn't. It has to do with the different tiers of justice, human rights, and the way they consistently favor whites. Also, in case you were curious, this discussion doesn't belong here.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:53 PM   #59
nicholas
Scribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetidus View Post
However, I just want to point out that the tag they used was "Black Lives Matter," not "black lives matter" (as you wrote it) or even "Black lives matter." And again, they can say and endorse what they want, but the implication is the capitalized version of "Black Lives Matter," which to me implies endorsement of the actual BLM organization/movement, as opposed to the general moral sentiment.
I'm not a mind reader so I can't say whether this is an endorsement of an organization or not, but on a matter of fact:

Black Lives Matter appears on the download page as a heading. If you scroll thru the previous versions you will find that every individual release/tag has the first letter of each word capitalised. For example:

The Gone Away World
Baked by Electricity
The Aristocrats

... and so on. This is a perfectly normal way of presenting headings.

What you are concluding ain't necessarily so!

Last edited by nicholas; 10-21-2020 at 01:25 AM.
nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote