Old 10-06-2020, 04:47 PM   #1
Kramer
Human being with feelings

Default Focusrite Clarett Octopre Outputs

Backstory...
I was using a Behringer Uphoria UMC1820 interface with the outputs connected to the input channels of my mixer. I would send the outputs of my reaper tracks to the mixer channels, do my mixing outboard and then send the mix back and record onto a stereo track. I would also use my outboard reverb that was also taking up spots as well as my outboard compressor.

I bought a Focusrite Clarett Octopre ADAT to connect and expand my ins and outs from the Uphoria. Unit works great, except I cannot get my outputs from the Octopre to go to the board. The outs are a DB25 to XLR. If I have something plugged in and am recording or have live sound going through, then it's fine and goes straight to the board as it should. If it's a track already recorded and I make the output of the reaper track to the output to the mixer, I get nothing to the mixer.

Any help would be great. Everything worked great, now I have enough outs and it no longer works.
Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 06:13 PM   #2
Philbo King

One option would be to build a custom DB25 to 1/4" breakout cable and use the line inputs to feed your mixer instead. That would free up the XLRs for recording.

If your mixer line inputs are TRS it would be straightforward. If they are TS (unbalanced) you'd lose 6 dB, but that's no big deal on a line input.
Old 10-12-2020, 01:20 AM   #3
cyrano

I seem to remember the Octopre's outputs are just analog outputs from the mic internal preamps. Not ADAT outputs. There are several models, however.