Old 04-09-2020, 12:01 PM   #281
mpl
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by whompyjaw View Post
When I press my MIDI keys, nothing lights up.
track is armed and midi set:
Works here. What I did is:
run rs5k manager
Menu: Add Rs5k tracker to first slot of parent track
Click on bottom red button to make selected track armed, monitoring opn and MIDI input to all inputs.

So no idea why it doesn`t work for you. Make sure also you didn`t changed
Menu / Key options / key names / Visual octave shift (it is -1 for me)
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 05:28 PM   #282
whompyjaw

It works if I pull up the virtual midi controller and click piano keys.
It works if i click with the mouse on the sample in the r5kmanager.
It does not work when I press a key on my midi controller. You are saying yours works when pressing midi controller? Cthulhu can get input from controller, so I don't think it's my settings in Reaper, as far as, inhibiting MIDI messages from going through, but maybe. I have some default settings that auto record arm my tracks and set input to midi controller. could that be messing up r5k routing?

My Visual Octave Shift is set to -1 as well.

Not sure what else to try =/. Maybe i can ask if others have experienced it.
whompyjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 01:27 PM   #283
DjLaurenz

Hi, mpl!
we appreciate your updates on this beast, your script is always useful!
I want to ask you if it's normal that "Script: mpl_Explode selected track RS5k instances to new tracks.lua" works in a different way than clicking "FX" on pads in the GUI; When i click on "FX" it creates a new track with that RS5K instance and receives midi notes from the original track but audio signal is going out from the new track... and this is nice because if I wish to freeze/render different percussive tracks for mixing is very useful.
"Script: mpl_Explode selected track RS5k instances to new tracks.lua", instead, creates new tracks COPYING RS5K instances in those tracks and it doesn't create midi send to new tracks! so if i play a midi item in original track audio signal still goes out from original track and new tracks remain there in useless way.
Is there a way to replicate "FX" function on pads with a script for ALL RS5k instances?
Thank you for patience (and sorry for my english! )
DjLaurenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 11:03 PM   #284
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjLaurenz View Post
"Script: mpl_Explode selected track RS5k instances to new tracks.lua", instead, creates new tracks COPYING RS5K instances in those tracks and it doesn't create midi send to new tracks! so if i play a midi item in original track audio signal still goes out from original track and new tracks remain there in useless way.
Update RS5k tools package
Old 04-17-2020, 06:10 PM   #285
DjLaurenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
Update RS5k tools package
What a wonderful thing!!!!!!
It damn works!
DjLaurenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 07:52 AM   #286
Pink Wool

Wow! This is really cool! Thank you for this!

I was wondering, would it be possible to import a sliced audio track from the timeline into several different pads automatically?
Pink Wool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 11:54 AM   #287
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Wool View Post
Wow! This is really cool! Thank you for this!

I was wondering, would it be possible to import a sliced audio track from the timeline into several different pads automatically?
You can do it with the Export items to RS5k instances scripts in ReaPack (they are in RS5k Tools package) or see RS5k manager menu for the action with the same name.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:26 AM   #288
dimtok

Hi MPL!

First of all I want to thank you for having developed RS5K! It is just what I wanted!!

I have two feature suggestions:

1. It would be great if it was possible to select the output of each pad, eg. select the kick sample ouput to 1/2, and then select output 3/4 for the snare, etc. It would also be great if it was possible to
select multiple pads and choose the output for all fx instances at once.

2. Would it be possible to sort and rename the rs5k instances in the FX chain?

Cheers,

// h
dimtok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 10:40 AM   #289
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimtok View Post
It would be great if it was possible to select the output of each pad, eg. select the kick sample ouput to 1/2, and then select output 3/4 for the snare, etc. It would also be great if it was possible to
Would be a huge pain to implement it inside RS5k manager. But I can build a script which route all instrument FX in the track (like, parent track of RS5k manager) to incremental channel pairs.

Quote:
Would it be possible to sort and rename the rs5k instances in the FX chain?
Sort by what? rename how?
Old 05-18-2020, 12:14 AM   #290
dimtok

Quote:
Would be a huge pain to implement it inside RS5k manager. But I can build a script which route all instrument FX in the track (like, parent track of RS5k manager) to incremental channel pairs.

Sort by what? rename how?
Yo thanks for replying so quickly! Yes, incremental pairs would also be quite cool but adding a menu item to the pad-right-click drop down would be ideal for selecting channel pairs. I understand if it might be a bit more time consuming though - I am quite new to reascripting so forgive me if I am asking for too much. I'm also going to try to read through your code and see if I can fork and add something nice myself. I just found the dev docs thread so I'm going to run through it.

Sorry, I was a bit unclear. I was wondering if it would be possible to maybe rename each fx instance to its corresponding note name and then have the instances sorted by name in the fx chain window. But now that I am writing this I realize that this is maybe a bit annoying to write as well.

Last edited by dimtok; 05-18-2020 at 12:25 AM. Reason: clarity. not sure how to use mult quotes per ans
Old 05-18-2020, 09:30 AM   #291
dimtok

Also, I'd like to ask you where the RS5K manager script program starts? Where should I start reading through the code in order to be able to follow everything and how do you use functions from other scripts in your main file.
For example, how do you get access to the mpl_various_functions from within the rs5k scripts?

Cheers,

// h

Last edited by dimtok; 05-18-2020 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:13 AM   #292
mpl

Quote:
I am quite new to reascripting
Quote:
Also, I'd like to ask you where the RS5K manager script program starts? Where should I start reading through the code in order to be able to follow everything and how do you use functions from other scripts in your main file
You should probably start with something easier than a script with 5000+ lines of handwritten code.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:56 AM   #293
dimtok

Quote:
You should probably start with something easier than a script with 5000+ lines of handwritten code.
Haha, yes you're absolutely right! I'm reading through smaller scripts at the moment. This is quite exciting! I'm really starting to love Reaper.
Old 05-21-2020, 03:32 AM   #294
chadborghini

Quote:
Wow this script is awesome! I just wish there was an option to add a midi note filter automatically and some how have it adjust to the pad so it can be used to print out midi.
chadborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 02:48 PM   #295
mpl

Quote:
1. It would be great if it was possible to select the output of each pad, eg. select the kick sample ouput to 1/2, and then select output 3/4 for the snare, etc. It would also be great if it was possible to

2. Would it be possible to sort and rename the rs5k instances in the FX chain?
See mpl_Set selected track FX outputs to incremental stereo pairs.lua and RS5k tools package for mpl_Add note into RS5k instance name on selected track.lua and mpl_Sort by note start RS5k instances on selected track.lua

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadborghini View Post
Wow this script is awesome! I just wish there was an option to add a midi note filter automatically and some how have it adjust to the pad so it can be used to print out midi.
You can use 'M' bytton to mute (bypass) specific pad. It also should bypass all layers in layering mode.
Old 05-22-2020, 02:17 PM   #296
chadborghini

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadborghini View Post
You can use 'M' bytton to mute (bypass) specific pad. It also should bypass all layers in layering mode.
Hm it still bounces muted notes. I was using this on some drum pads and i was recording my performances on the pads routed to seperate tracks. But All MIDI data is recorded on each track. Obviously it isnt played since the tracks rs5ks are routed to a single note it's more of an ocd thing i guess. But i know there is a stock note filter plugin and it would be cool if the script not only exported an instance of rs5k but A midi note filter plugin as well with the correct pitch that the rs5k is set to.Just an idea i have no idea if this is possible. I mostly just frankenstein scripts together lol.
chadborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:14 AM   #297
nocturn

hio,
just uodated rs5k manager 2.129 and i cant find the global pitch shift that effects all the pads at once, whered it go?

thanks for your scripts, theyre all great.
nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 02:39 AM   #298
1111Eugene

Default A very creative idea imho

Hello, I have an idea...
- the script takes random samples from a media database. And places them into pads in the rs5k manager.
So you press a button and right away you get a random drumkit generated randomly from all samples you have. Isn't it great and endlessly creative? Could you pleeeeaaaaaaase implement this into your script?

ALso

the inner pattern feature
can record only a 1 bar loop?????

Last edited by 1111Eugene; 07-18-2020 at 03:37 AM.
1111Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 07:47 AM   #299
nocturn

hello, i asked earlier about the global commands? earlier versions allowed me to change the pitch, adsr and volume for all pads at the same time with the knobs.. where is that located now? anyone?
Old 07-29-2020, 07:48 AM   #300
nocturn

is there a change log somewhere i can backtrack through?

has anyone made a tutorial or written up some instructions for the current version?

is this script trying to hide from the world?

Last edited by nocturn; 07-29-2020 at 08:09 AM.
Old 08-02-2020, 04:34 AM   #301
nocturn

in case someone else didnt get mpl's top secret memo, lokosenna wrote a couple scripts that handle the global commands adequately and are part of reapack. theyre in reateam scripts\fx\

so of course im grateful you wrote these scripts but it seems to have made an asshole out of you. you could have easily mentioned that we need to use an extra script but i guess watching people suffer is more rewarding? never heard of karma huh? it looks like this:
its super petty to prop up your self esteem by withholding arbitrary information from people just because you can, knowing how vitally they need it. but it does fit the stereotype of "russian coders" and other pseudo intellectuals roaming around that sorry part of the world. i get it, and its not your fault corruption didnt leave room for seconds out there. nor is it your fault that when people have nothing to hold, the weak make up for it with things like penmanship, punctuality, diction...they compete in the "whos the most proper of the most right", hide bus schedules from one another, never apologize or say thank you in fear of loosing self respect. i bet you give people the wrong directions when they ask you how to get somewhere. i can smell that sadism on you, its all over this thread, thanks for the scripts and all but unfortunately they dont entitle you to anything.
yeah i went a little overboard, but if you felt a fraction of what ive felt going through all your posts this past week, asking everywhere and everyone, ill take the ban and expect getting hacked by you shorty. know one and all i have enormous elephant balls. behold, i curse you mpl to get lost, need help and be ignored for someones feeling of righteousness.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:11 AM   #302
todd_r

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
...im grateful you wrote these scripts but it seems to have made an asshole out of you...
There's only 1 person looking like an asshole :/

That said, I do miss the Global controls too MPL
todd_r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 01:24 AM   #303
hits_of_sunshine

Hi.
I made icons for MPL RS5k manager and MPL InstrumentRack.
Feel free to use, redistribute, recreate or whatever you want to.

Thank you MPL for this great script.

https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/2597/t...ons_4MPLv1.zip
Attached Images
File Type: png icons4mpl.png (1.8 KB, 1525 views)
hits_of_sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 05:05 AM   #304
MechanimaL

hello! I just found this plugin extension and wanted to thank you for making it. now in my track's fx line I'm using JS:MIDI Choke to note-off an open hi-hat sound. but this seems to permanently mute the sample within the extension, so it can't be played by clicking on it in the sequencer view.
if I play the programmed beat in reaper it plays and it does in the extension afterwards but only until I click on the closed hi-hat once (the one that mutes the open hi-hat). so somehow the choking gets permanent inside the extension?

I hope you get what I mean any help would be appreciated!
MechanimaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 01:40 AM   #305
shosty

I recently set up my drum template to have one midi track and separate drum tracks with a RS5K on each (all being fed by the midi track), is it possible to use this tool with this setup? I'm guessing the answer is no but thought I would ask just in case.
shosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:28 AM   #306
lexaproductions

Hey MPL.
What do you think about this simple function to prevent your script from stealing keyboard focus?

Code:

function PreventFocusSteal(scriptname)
    local focused_wind = reaper.JS_Window_GetFocus() -- Get the focused window
    local script_HWND = reaper.JS_Window_Find(scriptname, false) -- Get the Manager Window
    if focused_wind == script_HWND then reaper.SetCursorContext(1) end -- if the manager is in focus, then Arrange Window
  end
I use it in a lot of other stuff. It works great. Dunno in the context or your script.
lexaproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 01:24 AM   #307
owzone

Hi, congratulations on the RS5K script! it would be nice if there was a function to turn on and off the loop and another to reverse the sample, so it would be perfect!
owzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 05:42 AM   #308
juan_r

I just hope MPL is OK. Apparently, he hasn't posted since the end of July.
juan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 10:07 AM   #309
Skorobagatko

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_r View Post
I just hope MPL is OK. Apparently, he hasn't posted since the end of July.
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...8&postcount=13
Skorobagatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 06:28 PM   #310
Win Conway

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
in case someone else didnt get mpl's top secret memo, lokosenna wrote a couple scripts that handle the global commands adequately and are part of reapack. theyre in reateam scripts\fx\

so of course im grateful you wrote these scripts but it seems to have made an asshole out of you. you could have easily mentioned that we need to use an extra script but i guess watching people suffer is more rewarding? never heard of karma huh? it looks like this:
its super petty to prop up your self esteem by withholding arbitrary information from people just because you can, knowing how vitally they need it. but it does fit the stereotype of "russian coders" and other pseudo intellectuals roaming around that sorry part of the world. i get it, and its not your fault corruption didnt leave room for seconds out there. nor is it your fault that when people have nothing to hold, the weak make up for it with things like penmanship, punctuality, diction...they compete in the "whos the most proper of the most right", hide bus schedules from one another, never apologize or say thank you in fear of loosing self respect. i bet you give people the wrong directions when they ask you how to get somewhere. i can smell that sadism on you, its all over this thread, thanks for the scripts and all but unfortunately they dont entitle you to anything.
yeah i went a little overboard, but if you felt a fraction of what ive felt going through all your posts this past week, asking everywhere and everyone, ill take the ban and expect getting hacked by you shorty. know one and all i have enormous elephant balls. behold, i curse you mpl to get lost, need help and be ignored for someones feeling of righteousness.
What a dickhead.
Old 11-30-2020, 09:37 PM   #311
ayskura

Dear MPL you are a genius _ I really mean it.

A question here
I just made an instrument of piano with 88 RS5K (!) (one per Key) and sounds awesome. I am able to save it as FXchain and reloads. But I would like to share it here with everyone. How can I incorporate the samples with the FXChains? Is there a way to do it easy?

These are all high quality samples I recorded and sounds very good and I would have never been able to do it without the RS5K Manager you wrote. Respect!
ayskura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 02:15 AM   #312
Regisfofo

Try this :
File -> Save project as
And make the checkbox 'copy media into project directory' enabled...
Regisfofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 05:20 AM   #313
ayskura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regisfofo View Post
Try this :
File -> Save project as
And make the checkbox 'copy media into project directory' enabled...
but this will save the project - I just want to include the samples in the FXchain is that possible?
ayskura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 11:08 AM   #314
DaniloVillanova

Thanks for the awesome script!

Is there any way to make choke work without having to obey note-offs in the open hi hat? It’s a bit clunky to play on the keyboard.
DaniloVillanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 10:01 AM   #315
silenmedia

Default Selecting Multiple Pads

Hello, my apologies if I missed this in the discussion.

Is there a way to select multiple pads and make changes? Could I select two different pads and pitch them down, for instance?
silenmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 12:13 PM   #316
tohubohu

Hello
let me explain :
- I use the action "export selected items audio on instance RS5K..." to export an audio file which lasts 20 secondes
- I play this sound by pressing the note for 5 seconds and not 20 seconds
- I want to return to audio with the action "convert RS5K midi item into source based audio item.
but it shows me a 20 second audio file not 5 seconds. Is there a way that when switching back from midi to the source audio file, it takes into account the length of the midi note or any other midi parameter changes please?
Thank you

Last edited by tohubohu; 05-18-2022 at 12:18 PM.
tohubohu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 10:48 PM   #317
tohubohu

no solution. It is not possible ?
Old 05-20-2022, 10:03 AM   #318
mpl

I'll take a look later. Too busy now, I dont think it is hard to implement.

Last edited by mpl; 05-20-2022 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-23-2022, 12:16 PM   #319
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tohubohu View Post
Hello
let me explain :
- I use the action "export selected items audio on instance RS5K..." to export an audio file which lasts 20 secondes
- I play this sound by pressing the note for 5 seconds and not 20 seconds
- I want to return to audio with the action "convert RS5K midi item into source based audio item.
but it shows me a 20 second audio file not 5 seconds. Is there a way that when switching back from midi to the source audio file, it takes into account the length of the midi note or any other midi parameter changes please?
Thank you
v1.03 should obey note lengths
Old 05-25-2022, 09:51 AM   #320
tohubohu

Quote:
v1.03 should obey note lengths
awesome
thank you very much