Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 03-30-2022, 09:54 AM   #561
gapalil001
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphoc View Post
Thanks for your reply. Actually the theme is very nice. In my opinion if the mcp is a little bit longer, even mute solo buttons are side by side under the fader, maybe it will look more balanced.
the mute/solo buttons in MCP are placed to be familiar as default themes and TCP. also, if i'll put them under the fader, it will be the overdose of buttons vertically. if you want tighter MCP panel, you may try "meterbridge" layout.
what about tighter separator layout - not bad idea at all. maybe i'll do it

Quote:
Also, a fixed mcp size that does not extend as you pull...
emmm....
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DmD...ew?usp=sharing

Quote:
Apart from these, it seems to me that the resolution of the theme elements is lower. They seem more blurry when compared to other themes. I don't know, am I wrong?
when i'm creating elements, i mostly follow that lines will be clear. but "blur" effect may be in som situations if your display scaling is non 100/150/200%
gapalil001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 10:50 AM   #562
alphoc

If the large tcp/mcp in the theme you call display scaling, I use standard sized tcp and mcp, for example, the rec button looks blurry, I don't know if it's just me.

Now I've looked at the gif about mcp being flexible, actually it would be nice if it had a fixed size to fit 4 digits in mcp. But these are personal comments of course. It's still pretty good in its current state though.
alphoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 11:05 AM   #563
gapalil001

Quote:
Now I've looked at the gif about mcp being flexible, actually it would be nice if it had a fixed size to fit 4 digits in mcp. But these are personal comments of course. It's still pretty good in its current state though.
i am not sure, but you may try script Archie_Mixer; Reset height all tracks MCP by master track.lua
it will set all tracks height the same to MCP master track
Old 03-31-2022, 03:34 AM   #564
alphoc

Hi, the global layout does not appear in the screensets/layout section. Any ideas?
It would also be great if red, purple, brown fader is added to the layouts and thin separator.

I looked carefully over and over and your your right, I can say I was wrong about the blur, the view is fine, no problem.
I'm looking forward to new updates.

Last edited by alphoc; 03-31-2022 at 05:48 AM.
Old 03-31-2022, 06:53 AM   #565
gapalil001

Quote:
Hi, the global layout does not appear in the screensets/layout section. Any ideas?
my theme haven't any global layouts. i am thinking about to make "solid color" as global layout, but that's yet impossible during theme engine limitations but if it will be realised, i'll do it immediately

Quote:
It would also be great if red, purple, brown fader is added to the layouts and thin separator.
it's will be layout overdose. there is a lot of layouts now, as WT said once - "layout spam". but as i said previously, i'm thinking about tight separator. if somebody else support this, i'll do it

Quote:
I looked carefully over and over and your your right, I can say I was wrong about the blur, the view is fine, no problem.
don't worry about it =)
Old 03-31-2022, 08:00 AM   #566
Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapalil001 View Post
It’s possible if your TCP panel is too huge. The FX list area is stretches in between of left and right columns, except EmbeddedUI’s are visible - in this case maximum width of FX list is locked
Hey there!

I’m not sure if I understand what you are saying here.

It doesn’t seem to matter what size the TCP is I get two columns when there is an fx I’m the last visible slot. The only reason I want it fixed to one column is when it splits to two, you can no longer tell what fx are there because all of the labels are cut in half.

I don’t have any embedded UI’s just to be clear.

This is also, I’m assuming, more of a Reaper thing than a Flat Madness thing, I just though you’d be the one to ask

Cheers!
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 08:54 AM   #567
alphoc

Quote:
my theme haven't any global layouts. i am thinking about to make "solid color" as global layout, but that's yet impossible during theme engine limitations but if it will be realised, i'll do it immediately
For global layout default, right click on tcp appears in the layout tab, but screen sets/layout does not appear either. I have to say that I find the current global layout much more useful because it paints the whole tcp/mcp, not "solid" for the global. Please don't cancel it in future updates.
Also, thin seperator would be really good.
Old 03-31-2022, 02:10 PM   #568
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Hey there!

I’m not sure if I understand what you are saying here.

It doesn’t seem to matter what size the TCP is I get two columns when there is an fx I’m the last visible slot. The only reason I want it fixed to one column is when it splits to two, you can no longer tell what fx are there because all of the labels are cut in half.

I don’t have any embedded UI’s just to be clear.

This is also, I’m assuming, more of a Reaper thing than a Flat Madness thing, I just though you’d be the one to ask

Cheers!
seems like i should extend optional range of minimum slot width in the next update
or you can do it manually. in theme archive you can find rtconfig.txt. find the string
Code:
define_parameter min_fxlist 'TCP FX SLOT minimal width' 25 20 50 3
and change 50 to 60 (or more, if not enouhg) and then slide to maximum again

Quote:
For global layout default, right click on tcp appears in the layout tab, but screen sets/layout does not appear either. I have to say that I find the current global layout much more useful because it paints the whole tcp/mcp, not "solid" for the global. Please don't cancel it in future updates.
Also, thin seperator would be really good.
there are no any global layouts in my theme. global layout default is a bit different thing that every single theme work with. global layout default means layout, selected from options -> Layouts (not per track) and provided by reaper itself. Adding "solid color" as global layout meaning possibility to set it optionally and using it with color sliders. but that's not mean that you'll be forced to use it instead of color fill (default) layout if you don't want

Last edited by gapalil001; 03-31-2022 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-31-2022, 10:59 PM   #569
alphoc

Thanks for reply.
Old 04-02-2022, 04:02 PM   #570
gapalil001

Quote:
Thanks for reply.
thanks for using my theme!
Old 04-03-2022, 11:27 AM   #571
alphoc

I noticed something is wrong, when in dual pan mode, if you collapse the tcp, when the pan appears as two knobs (not the two horizontal faders), the left appears on the right (green) and the right on the left (blue). When you raise the tcp a little higher (stretch by pulling it down) instead of oval pan knobs, two horizontal faders appear and this is true, left is on the left (green) and right is on the right.

I appreciate your patience.

Last edited by alphoc; 04-03-2022 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-03-2022, 11:58 AM   #572
gapalil001

Quote:
I noticed something is wrong, when in dual pan mode, if you collapse the tcp, when the pan appears as two knobs (not the two horizontal faders), the left appears on the right (green) and the right on the left (blue). When you raise the tcp a little higher (stretch by pulling it down) instead of oval pan knobs, two horizontal faders appear and this is true, left is on the left (green) and right is on the right.

I appreciate your patience.
yeah, it's known small bug. these parameters have the same sizes when it's will show and disappear, but it doesn't works correctly i'd tried to fix it but haven't any result. i'll mess with it again
Old 04-04-2022, 01:50 AM   #573
mozart999uk

Hey my friend. :-)

Still having a bit of trouble with the item ruler visibility when selected.

See here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7lj27djed1...ility.gif?dl=0

Can you point me to which part of the theme tweaker to change this?

It seems to be linked to the item lable colour / behaviour

PS: Pre fx on folders...so good!!!!!! :-)
mozart999uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 05:29 AM   #574
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozart999uk View Post
Hey my friend. :-)

Still having a bit of trouble with the item ruler visibility when selected.

See here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7lj27djed1...ility.gif?dl=0

Can you point me to which part of the theme tweaker to change this?

It seems to be linked to the item lable colour / behaviour

PS: Pre fx on folders...so good!!!!!! :-)
Thank You! i never use ruler and will check if this tweakable. if not - i may make some workaround as always, but my item workarounds (like fake header above selected items) may create some issues in future REAPER updates (basically for media item fixed lanes) the main reason - media item images can overlap each other (and does it in my theme)
Old 04-04-2022, 05:51 AM   #575
mozart999uk

Quote:
Thank You! i never use ruler and will check if this tweakable. if not - i may make some workaround as always, but my item workarounds (like fake header above selected items) may create some issues in future REAPER updates (basically for media item fixed lanes) the main reason - media item images can overlap each other (and does it in my theme)
Ah I see. Thanks for explaining. I don't use media ruler much but the other day it was invaluable in a project. Although I now can't remember why :-)
Old 04-04-2022, 07:20 AM   #576
alphoc

If you want to record multiple songs in a single project, the item ruler allows you to see that each song starts from the 1st bar. It worked great for me.
Old 04-04-2022, 11:48 AM   #577
alphoc

While the items are selected, the item group sign (blue colored G) is not visible, but it is visible when they are not selected. I don't know what is it?
Old 04-10-2022, 06:00 AM   #578
gapalil001

Quote:
While the items are selected, the item group sign (blue colored G) is not visible, but it is visible when they are not selected. I don't know what is it?
Fixed!
Old 04-10-2022, 09:20 AM   #579
alphoc

Thanks. I'm looking forward to the new version, but I've tweaked the theme a bit, I'll just copy/paste the data folder so that my settings won't be lost in new updates. I hope it works.

Last edited by alphoc; 04-10-2022 at 09:29 AM.
Old 04-16-2022, 03:14 AM   #580
alphoc

Can you update the theme adjuster like this? "Tcp/Mcp Monitor & Record off NO/YES" Tracks don't need monitorand record button when mixing. It would be really nice.
Old 04-17-2022, 03:10 PM   #581
gapalil001

Quote:
Can you update the theme adjuster like this? "Tcp/Mcp Monitor & Record off NO/YES" Tracks don't need monitorand record button when mixing. It would be really nice.
sorry, but it's completely subjective. also, a lot of another users will kill me for this distantly. i want to live a bit more
Old 04-17-2022, 03:32 PM   #582
gapalil001

Default Message for everybody - good theme alert

i don't know, when the new updates will be. (mostly because of job and no ideas)
meanwhile i would recommend this theme
it really impressed me. amazing work and completely unique!

Last edited by gapalil001; 04-18-2022 at 05:32 AM.
Old 04-18-2022, 01:54 AM   #583
alphoc

I prefer flat madness :-)

If you're upset that you can't find a problem in this beautiful theme, I found some interesting things :-)

When I zoom the screen (macos) theme lag, movements on meters freeze for a moment. This is a very interesting situation, it has never happened in a theme before. Reaper also takes longer to open compared to other themes. I don't know if you have received such feedback before?

By the way, I make my first mix with flat madness, it is very enjoyable to work with. Everything looks very comfortable.

Last edited by alphoc; 04-18-2022 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-16-2022, 05:22 PM   #584
gapalil001

Flat Madness 3.7 released
  • TCP becomes bit more rounded
  • some TCP buttons are new and placed better
  • when TCP tight, folder tracks shown meters and track number
  • historical justice restored - TCP fx active slot is just simple shape without idiotic frame with green dot (FM2 downgrade)
  • fixed some issues with longname layouts
  • TCP solid color layout changed again

fine photo session will be tomorrow

Last edited by gapalil001; 05-16-2022 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-17-2022, 02:24 AM   #585
alphoc

Cool news, I'll try. Thanks.
Old 05-17-2022, 04:57 AM   #586
juan_r

Nice news indeed! It's my default theme at the moment. Pity though, still no ReaPack. I need to monitor this thread to get updated versions.

Did you try this submision form?

https://reapack.com/upload

I managed to have a script uploaded through it, thanks to the maintainer cfillion. I suspect he might be a bit overworked ;-)
juan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 06:04 AM   #587
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_r View Post
Nice news indeed! It's my default theme at the moment. Pity though, still no ReaPack. I need to monitor this thread to get updated versions.

Did you try this submision form?

https://reapack.com/upload

I managed to have a script uploaded through it, thanks to the maintainer cfillion. I suspect he might be a bit overworked ;-)
yes, i did. theme files are too huge for ReaPack repository, so i have to create my own. i agree with you. it's way helpful to check for updates and update. ReaPack is in progress and will be soon
Old 05-20-2022, 11:34 AM   #588
gapalil001

Default Flat Madness 3.71

1. TCP solid color layout changed again.
  2. some panels and buttons in dark versions are becoming darker. fixed issue with “bright meter” on “sidemeter” adjuster positions
  3. in dark versions items has become more colorful
  4. some tweaks for muted tracks/items
also was fixed some small issues

Last edited by gapalil001; 05-20-2022 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-20-2022, 02:53 PM   #589
alphoc

Very very good, perfect, thanks.
Old 05-20-2022, 02:55 PM   #590
limeopolis

Is it possible to remove the blank space in the TCP where FX list would be if I'm not using the FX list?

https://images2.imgbox.com/09/9e/hLSvaQ7j_o.png
limeopolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 03:55 PM   #591
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeopolis View Post
Is it possible to remove the blank space in the TCP where FX list would be if I'm not using the FX list?

from the beginning, this theme was created specially to work with FX/send lists and Embedded UI's. you can just resize(compress) the TCP panel to minimise this space
Quote:
Very very good, perfect, thanks.
Thank You enjoy!

ALL 200% USERS PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD DARK AND BLACK VERSIONS!

Last edited by gapalil001; 05-20-2022 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-23-2022, 04:48 AM   #592
gapalil001

Default ReaPack

ReaPack repository is already here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ga...ster/index.xml
Huge thanks @edkashinsky for setting up GitHub repsitory

Last edited by gapalil001; 05-23-2022 at 09:14 AM.
Old 05-23-2022, 05:20 AM   #593
juan_r

Yayyy! Congrats and thank you! Have you asked @cfillion to add your ReaPository to the master list here? Not sure themes are included, but it may be worth a shot.
juan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 05:55 AM   #594
mozart999uk

Quote:
ReaPack repository is already here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ga...ster/index.xml
Huge thanks @edkashinsky for help and support
Nice!

Can we still use the update themes if we want to keep some of our settings? Or do we still have to do the manual method?
Old 05-23-2022, 07:16 AM   #595
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_r View Post
Yayyy! Congrats and thank you! Have you asked @cfillion to add your ReaPository to the master list here? Not sure themes are included, but it may be worth a shot.
Yep. The themes are to huge for their github, better use my own. Also, updates will be released immediately, witthout accepting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozart999uk View Post
Nice!

Can we still use the update themes if we want to keep some of our settings? Or do we still have to do the manual method?
Yes. I still will use google drive. Theme files from GitHub will be uploaded as a new files, so your custom files will be not touched (if named different)
Old 05-23-2022, 07:29 AM   #596
mozart999uk

Quote:

Yes. I still will use google drive. Theme files from GitHub will be uploaded as a new files, so your custom files will be not touched (if named different)
Wonderful :-)
Old 05-23-2022, 08:18 AM   #597
alphoc

After downloading the new version, copy and paste the contents into the old folder. Theme settings remain the same.
Old 05-29-2022, 08:48 PM   #598
Puck

Hey gapalil001!

I noticed this as I was trying to set up my new template.

Win 10 set to 200% zoom. 4k screen. Using default 150 track panel layout. Its fine when fully expanded and I wanted to not have it so big as a starting point.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 09:45 AM   #599
gapalil001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Hey gapalil001!

I noticed this as I was trying to set up my new template.

Win 10 set to 200% zoom. 4k screen. Using default 150 track panel layout. Its fine when fully expanded and I wanted to not have it so big as a starting point.
thanks! i will try to fix it!
Old 08-12-2022, 05:46 AM   #600
gapalil001

FM 3.80 COMMING NEXT WEEK! (I hope)

Last edited by gapalil001; 08-12-2022 at 08:01 AM.