Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 01-05-2017, 03:10 AM   #1
jlinger
Human being with feelings

Default Worlde EasyControl 9 Midi Surface...

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone can help me out on here, and sorry if it's a duplicate question (couldn't find a thread for this). I've recently bought the very cheap, but surprisingly useful Worlde EasyControl 9 Mini controller. Went into Reaper, applied some Actions to the knobs and sliders... so far so good. But I'm having trouble getting Reaper to recognise when the Bank function is used so I can assign further Actions and the knobs/sliders will act for different volume/pans etc.

I know this is vague and I can try and fill in some blanks to the best of my ability if anyone has any ideas. The controller comes with a program to change the CC of the knobs and sliders, but this doesn't seem to be changing within Reaper.

Any help would be much appreciated.
jlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:46 AM   #2
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlinger View Post
The controller comes with a program to change the CC of the knobs and sliders, but this doesn't seem to be changing within Reaper.
According to this video there's a Communication -> Send Scene Data menu to save the changed scene configuration to the MIDI controller.
Did you do that step? www.youtube.com/watch?v=2orrQprX2ZQ

Otherwise in general either use a different MIDI channel per bank/scene. As example:
- bank 1 uses MIDI channel 1 for all CC parameters
- bank 2 uses MIDI channel 2 for all CC parameters
- and so on ...

Or if you're using the same MIDI channel throughout different banks/scenes, use different MIDI parameters types like MIDI-notes (instead of CC).
As example
- bank 1 uses MIDI-channel 1 and MIDI-CC-parameters
- bank 2 uses MIDI-channel 1 and MIDI-Notes

Last edited by solger; 01-05-2017 at 10:28 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 11:59 AM   #3
Chuck Boyer

Default setting controller, but still on channels 2, 3, 4, thanks

Solger;

I have the easycontrol 9 also, just bought it.
I understand that there can be 4 'scenes' or banks of different cc control messages available on this controller.

I see what you're saying and have watched the video and have the manual.
I do not, however know how to get the banks 2, 3, 4 active.
When I choose bank 2 with the lower left button (Bank with 1, 2, 3, 4 red highlight button on select). And when I use 'action' and a cc message, it registers just the same cc numbers as in the previous bank 1.

I have now the message that I need to set a Controller in preferences, so question please? :

Settings/Control/OSC/web/ Control surface mode: has these midi controllers to choose from: Behringer BCF2000 (using preset 1), Frontier Alpha Track, Frontier Tranzport, HUI (partial), Mackie Control Extender, Mackie Control Universal, OSC (Open Sound Control), PreSonus FaderPort, Presonus FaderPort XT, Web broser interface, YAMAHA 01X.

Is one of these generic enough to choose and run my 'Worlde Easycontrol 9 then?

And then I understand that I'll be using Actions, and choose which cc settings I want to effect control of (Track: set volume track 1) and set to fader '1' of the 'scene 1' of the controller.

And also I see and have handy a how to, to use the 'ReaControlMIDI (Cockos) that is available as a fx vst.

Lots to learn, grins, head spinning. I'm doing ok with setting faders, rotary knobs and buttons with Scene 1, cc channel 1, but I can't for the life of me select or access channels 2, 3 and 4 for further mapping.
Chuck Boyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 05:13 PM   #4
Chuck Boyer

Default Got It!

Never mind, I got it!
A previous post and a video suggested changing the Scene from 1 to 2.
I found that in the EasyControl9 key settings software program and 'it worked'!!!
So it was in detail:
Go to Common and change the Scene to 2 and Midi Channel 2.
All works fine!

thanks for listening all.
Chuck
happy midi controller owner.
btw probably going to step up to a "Nektar Impact LX49+ Keyboard Controller" (forum posts state great compatability with Reaper) or "Novation Zero SL MKII USB MIDI Control".
Old 07-18-2018, 12:47 PM   #5
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Boyer View Post
Never mind, I got it!
Great to hear that you got it working
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:02 AM   #6
ivansc

Quote:
Never mind, I got it!
A previous post and a video suggested changing the Scene from 1 to 2.
I found that in the EasyControl9 key settings software program and 'it worked'!!!
So it was in detail:
Go to Common and change the Scene to 2 and Midi Channel 2.
All works fine!

thanks for listening all.
Chuck
happy midi controller owner.
btw probably going to step up to a "Nektar Impact LX49+ Keyboard Controller" (forum posts state great compatability with Reaper) or "Novation Zero SL MKII USB MIDI Control".
I had the Zero Mk2 and struggled to get it going although I gather automap has been improved since I tried it. Happy with my multiple Korg Nanokontrol.pad setup.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:15 PM   #7
Chuck Boyer

Default good suggestion

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check up on Korg Nanokontrol.pad setup
Mostly I just need track faders, buttons for next/previous, slice/glue, and 'fx parameters control; e.i. gain, 'q', frequency on Reaper eq, but that part is not working so well yet in World Easycontrol 9. Works 'great' for track control, fader, pan and a button for whatever (solo, mute, etc.).

Chuck
Old 08-05-2018, 12:02 PM   #8
Chuck Boyer

Default Question on controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
I had the Zero Mk2 and struggled to get it going although I gather automap has been improved since I tried it. Happy with my multiple Korg Nanokontrol.pad setup.
----------------------------------
Question: So ivansc; on the Korg nanokontrol is that the Studio, right? for approxiately $150.00?
Does that have 5 saveable banks, so that I could control 8 faders/pans/selection buttons times x 5, so able to control '40' total tracks?
That would be nice, and not too expensive.

On my easycontrol 9, i have 9 faders, actually 8 and four scenes/or banks, so I can control a total of 32 tracks. The 9th fader/pan/button I use for 'last selected track' and it works quite well having that extra functionality of 'last selected'. I just click on a track (track 53, or 62, for instance) and the fader/pan/solo button works on that one too. saves me completely from having to go to the mouse for those.

So the Korg Nanocontrol Studio is making you happy enough? Great to hearf.

Question 2.
How would I set up to bring in an analog compressor and channel strip to affect all tracks? Just a mixer that has 2 aux sends? (usb of course).
thanks
Old 08-06-2018, 08:13 PM   #9
Chuck Boyer

Default Another question please?

I am considering getting two analog gear to assist in my Reaper mixing/mastering;

1. Nektar Panorama P1 Control Surface
2. Mackie PROFX4v2

-----------------------
What I want is for
1. to be able to midi control all of my tracks in the Reaper DAW, faders/pans, solo, and then control separate effects parameters also.

and

2. To use the mixer to get 2 aux outs and 2 returns to facilitate using a. compressor and b. audio track (EQ, Limiter).

First question; is this how I do it?
So it seems that I have a mono out from the mixer to the analog physical compressor, and stereo return from the compressor back to the mixer?

And then I can apply that compressor to each of the tracks in my Reaper project using the midi controller to control the parameters of it?

any help much appreciated. I'm very confused about all of this.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:26 AM   #10
ivansc

Quote:
----------------------------------
Question: So ivansc; on the Korg nanokontrol is that the Studio, right? for approxiately $150.00?
Does that have 5 saveable banks, so that I could control 8 faders/pans/selection buttons times x 5, so able to control '40' total tracks?
That would be nice, and not too expensive.

Been away with ni internet.
No, I have 2 original Nanokontrols and a Nanopad. NOT studio.
Mine cost me about £20 each back in the day and work great.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:16 AM   #11
Chuck Boyer

Default Hmmm, good info, thanks

So, I can string 2 of the 9 fader nano's together, and stretch from 32 tracks to 64? Really? Wow.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:11 AM   #12
ivansc

You sure can... and you can select which bank of nine tracks each one addresses pretty easily. I have two, mostly only use one, but at one time when I had three ADAT interfaces I used a third one that I borrowed from a friend for a large project. All worked really well in reaper, but I am watching Jeff Waddington`s interface thread with great interest to see what might be possible once his work is further advanced.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:25 PM   #13
Chuck Boyer

Default thanks

Thanks, ivansc, great info! I'll go follow that thread too.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:45 PM   #14
themixtape

Hi guys! Interested in this...

Which CC (and MIDI channel) is the big grey knob assigned to (I see it's not-assignable, but you can map it in Reaper's Actions)... also, what CC and MIDI channel is the horizontal slider assigned to? Thank you!
Old 04-17-2019, 01:13 AM   #15
ivansc

FWIW in the UK, the Korg Nanokontrol 2 is currently available for about the same price as this controller. If it was me I would probably choose the Korg, simply because of their track record. Also, this Worlde seems like it is actually a chinese clone of the Korg for all intents and purposes.