Old 01-31-2019, 04:51 PM   #1
Blckspawn
Human being with feelings

Default Faderport V2 (2018) and Reaper

Im just putting out this thread because I wasnt able to find anything regarding the getting the V2 to work with Reaper. If you have issues with compatibility read this.

I got mine to work basically 90-100%. Minor hickups with the stop transport button but everything works fine other than that.

Download Mackie Control Universal Klinke (i think there is a thread on how to do that around here). I have V0.08. Install that normally. On the Faderport, hold the "next" button while powering it on and hit "Mute". You're going to change it to logic preset.

Should Work fine after that.

Let me know how it goes.
Blckspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:33 PM   #2
lucafusi

Thanks for this, just got it working.
lucafusi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:02 AM   #3
Coachz

Can you guys elaborate on what functions work and which ones do not please? Like does link work where you can easily link a parameter and start writing automation? Thanks in advance

Coachz Repo
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 09:07 AM   #4
getaway_fromme

Thanks for the advice! I've started using MCU Klinke with some success. Track selection and auto-punch record mode are still very buggy for me so I'm currently resorting to switching back and forth between MCU & MCU Klinke profiles.

Going back to the last post, I wonder:

1. What functions are & are not working for y'all?

2. Have you found any workarounds?
getaway_fromme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 11:04 AM   #5
pcmalle

Thanks for this. Works almost 100%.
I would like to assign the 4 function keys (SHIFT+ F1-F4) to actions in Reaper.
Is this possible?
pcmalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 11:00 AM   #6
dsorce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blckspawn View Post
Im just putting out this thread because I wasnt able to find anything regarding the getting the V2 to work with Reaper. If you have issues with compatibility read this.

I got mine to work basically 90-100%. Minor hickups with the stop transport button but everything works fine other than that.

Download Mackie Control Universal Klinke (i think there is a thread on how to do that around here). I have V0.08. Install that normally. On the Faderport, hold the "next" button while powering it on and hit "Mute". You're going to change it to logic preset.

Should Work fine after that.

Let me know how it goes.
not working on mac.

Klinke version has limitations

CSurf_MCU_Klinke only runs under Microsoft Windows, no "OS X version exists" and none is planned from my side. However, the source code is open to everyone and most parts are based on the cross platform library JUCE, so if anyone wants to try to port the extension to OS X, this should be feasible (and I will try to support them as much as possible).

Last edited by dsorce; 12-13-2019 at 11:17 AM.
dsorce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 11:41 AM   #7
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmalle View Post
Thanks for this. Works almost 100%.
I would like to assign the 4 function keys (SHIFT+ F1-F4) to actions in Reaper.
Is this possible?
What kinds of things do you do with it please?
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 08:28 AM   #8
EkniqueSounds

Default Newbie

Hi all,

I am a newbie here, and have got this Faderport V2 working and most of the functions are working,but I feel it is still abit buggy. However it could just be me as I just purchased this.

Most of the buttons work, but I have found 3 features that I am experiencing and needing to find a solution for:

1.Channel button: When I use the 'Channel' feature and move the encoder knob it sometimes move one channel to another smoothly if I have only 2 tracks. But when I have 5 or 6 tracjs it starts to create problems. it will move and select 2 or 3 of the tracks at once randomly.

2. ZOOM: This feature doesn't seem to zoom. instead it moves the timeline from left to right.

3. F1-F4 Control buttons: Not sure where or how to assign this. Any help would be appreciated. Can anyone assist me on where I can tweak the settings of this device in reaper?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ekniquesounds
EkniqueSounds is offline   Reply With Quote