Old 12-05-2019, 05:02 PM   #1
InDecember
Human being with feelings

Default ASIO Driver Roland

Hi,

Prolly the zillionth problem with an audio interface for you guys.. I've got a Roland DUO-CAPTURE EX that doesn't play nice with Reaper. 9 out of 10 times I have to reset the device in order to get it working with its native asio driver (provided through windows (10) update). WASAPI, Asio4all, "Generic asio driver" (?) and what not, do work better but I refuse to use those. Not sure why. The times I do get it to work I encounter mucho lag, like when I press play it takes about 3 seconds to respond and actually start playing. Buffersize is around 128, so yeah, this is probably driver related?

Cheers.

Last edited by InDecember; 12-05-2019 at 05:08 PM.
InDecember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 06:25 AM   #2
ivansc

https://rolandus.zendesk.com/hc/en-u...ll-Windows-10-

See if theres anything here that will help. It IS an older interface & in my limited experience Roland are not great at updating older drivers accurately.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:10 AM   #3
InDecember

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
https://rolandus.zendesk.com/hc/en-u...ll-Windows-10-

See if theres anything here that will help. It IS an older interface & in my limited experience Roland are not great at updating older drivers accurately.
Thanks for that.
Things seem to go better now, I switched off the 48v phantom power and now I just have to reset it 2/10 times.. Perhaps a static electricity thing? Or the USB hub supplying just barely enough power to the interface, never had issues with it in the past though neither with Reaper nor any other DAW's.

What worries me more is that, since a few weeks now, there is a delay of about 3 seconds after almost any keystroke or mouse click. E.g. I hit record, 3 seconds delay, then it starts counting in. Ctrl+s to save the project, 3 seconds of freezing, then it saves. It's really affecting my workflow. Perhaps I should be looking for new interface.

Last edited by InDecember; 12-11-2019 at 12:18 AM.
InDecember is offline   Reply With Quote