Old 11-29-2019, 10:16 AM   #1
martifingers
Human being with feelings

Default Oxygen 49 keyboard issue

I’m trying to map actions onto my Oxygen 49 keyboard. Everything is fine so far except that the RECORD only works if I press and keep holding the button (labelled C32). Any ideas how I can change this? It’s sort of impractical!
martifingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 10:55 AM   #2
nait

What about mapping it to the action: SWS: Transport record/stop? Or transport: record.

It looks like my keyboard (Impact LX25+) maps to the latter.
My Rig (also serves as my gaming PC): MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk Mobo, Ryzen R9 3900X, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Evo 500gb NVMe, Crucial 1TB NVMe, NVidia RTX 2080 Super, Arturia Minifuse 2, Nektar Impact LX25+ MIDI Controller Keyboard.
nait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 12:58 PM   #3
martifingers

Hi Nait. Good point - but just having tried both it was the same problem. Must be something about the Oxygen 49 sending the STOP command immediately it's released?
Old 11-29-2019, 01:26 PM   #4
nait

Maybe open the action list, and use the Find shortcut button.. then hit your record and see what all it maps to. Is it perhaps also mapped to stop? I think, if anything, you should only have it mapped to "Transport: record" ONLY.

Outside of that, yeah, I dunno.. maybe check the Oxygen49 manual to see what it does with that button. If there's an app for the keyboard, maybe a setting has to be changed there.
My Rig (also serves as my gaming PC): MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk Mobo, Ryzen R9 3900X, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Evo 500gb NVMe, Crucial 1TB NVMe, NVidia RTX 2080 Super, Arturia Minifuse 2, Nektar Impact LX25+ MIDI Controller Keyboard.
Old 11-29-2019, 01:53 PM   #5
nait

This thread might help:

https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?t=152275

Sounds like it is some sort of keyboard setting. If that thread doesn't have the exact answer, maybe the manual or another thread will, but sounds like the button is set to "momentary" vs. "toggle".

This thread may help sort of too, even though it's for Ableton Live. Maybe you need to set up the keyboard under Preferences->Control Surfaces, if you haven't?
https://getsatisfaction.com/m-audio/...wn?full_site=1

This one may help also, it's harder to read, but there's a solution in there:
https://forum.cockos.com/archive/index.php/t-49588.html

Reading more and more, it looks like you shouldn't have to set this up manually, other than adding it as a control surface in daw of choice and maybe hitting some auto button on the keyboard to map stuff. I didn't go too much into reading it.. but you should be able to get your answer here too. The M-audio website doesn't list Reaper in the DAWs they auto set up key mappings for though.
https://getsatisfaction.com/m-audio/...ableton-live-9

Last edited by nait; 11-29-2019 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-29-2019, 04:28 PM   #6
martifingers

Thanks Nait for all the effort and time you've put into this. I will follow up and report back as soon as I can. Funnily enough I did do a little editing to stop the faulty mod wheel from messing things up...
Old 11-29-2019, 05:00 PM   #7
martifingers

Well all is now good.
A combination of your links and then this:http://forum.cakewalk.com/Tip-Manual...-m3141479.aspx
Slightly unclear wording did not hold me up too long - it was really helpful to know where the problem lay (isn't it always?)
Thanks again.
Old 11-29-2019, 07:52 PM   #8
nait

Glad you were able to get it all sorted out!
Old 03-11-2020, 01:21 PM   #9
bobbryce

Default SOLVED

Posted here to help any others struggling with this problem.

I experienced exactly the same problem with Reaper and my Oxygen 25 keyboard. The keyboard works fine on a selection of other DAW but all the transport controls were problematic with Reaper.

The solution quoted above did NOT work for me, but thanks to another member I have found a solution that works perfectly.
Refer to https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....=1#post2255600

(Thanks Toleolu)
bobbryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 07:41 AM   #10
mwerner

I too was mapping my Oxygen 49 and ran into the same issue (also with PLAY button too). What I found was that when you use the "Action List" tab, filter "Transport" and then go to the "Record" entry, then Click "Add" to bring up the menu to assign the particular button on your controller. You then have a choice to make this an "Absolute" or relative" control. I had to try a couple different settings and then the mapping would stay on when you pressed record and would not stop when you released it.
mwerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 08:10 AM   #11
cmaness94

Sorry for reviving an old thread and if this is a dumb question, but I have looked everywhere and cannot find a solid answer. (this is also my first time on this forum)

I recently purchased a Oxygen 49 (not the pro model) and I have everything set up the way I would like it to be using the action list and midi learn functions. However, the Rec. transport function is also being triggered while I play a specific note on the keypad. This is super annoying when trying to work out parts or record. The function of the transport button itself works as it should. I hope that makes sense.

The REC. button on the Oxygen is appearing as "MIDI Chan 1 Note 95"

Is there a work around for this?
cmaness94 is offline   Reply With Quote