Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 05-24-2023, 02:59 PM   #321
VanMartinrooy
Human being with feelings

Default CSI setup help

Hi all

First post, so please be gentle :-)

I've been using Reaper for over ten years, so no rookie, however this is the first problem I've not been able to find a solution for!

I've been using a Behringer X-Touch One as it works out of the box for a little while, mainly for writing automation and transport controls - have now decided to stop being lazy and install CSI for full functionality.

Unfortunately, I've run into the common problem of the CSI option not appearing in the 'Control/OSC/web -> Add' drop down list. I've downloaded the latest files and read through the wiki; so far I have:

*Used the 'Show REAPER resource path' command to find the correct location (it's in users/appdata/roaming/REAPER/).
* As per the instructions, copied the windows .dll file to the 'User Plugins' directory and the CSI folder to the main Reaper directory.
* Installed Visual C++ runtime 2015-2022.
*Deleted / reinstalled / restarted a few times.

Still no joy. I also tried placing the .dll into my VST Plugins folder, which succeeded only in knocking out my Waves plugins. Doh!

Setup: Reaper v6.67 (full install, although not in C:/Program Files)
Fairly fresh install of Windows 11 on a Razer i7 laptop.

Any suggestions welcomed!
VanMartinrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 03:16 PM   #322
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanMartinrooy View Post
Hi all

First post, so please be gentle :-)

I've been using Reaper for over ten years, so no rookie, however this is the first problem I've not been able to find a solution for!

I've been using a Behringer X-Touch One as it works out of the box for a little while, mainly for writing automation and transport controls - have now decided to stop being lazy and install CSI for full functionality.

Unfortunately, I've run into the common problem of the CSI option not appearing in the 'Control/OSC/web -> Add' drop down list. I've downloaded the latest files and read through the wiki; so far I have:

*Used the 'Show REAPER resource path' command to find the correct location (it's in users/appdata/roaming/REAPER/).
* As per the instructions, copied the windows .dll file to the 'User Plugins' directory and the CSI folder to the main Reaper directory.
* Installed Visual C++ runtime 2015-2022.
*Deleted / reinstalled / restarted a few times.

Still no joy. I also tried placing the .dll into my VST Plugins folder, which succeeded only in knocking out my Waves plugins. Doh!

Setup: Reaper v6.67 (full install, although not in C:/Program Files)
Fairly fresh install of Windows 11 on a Razer i7 laptop.

Any suggestions welcomed!
Try with the latest version of Reaper.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 02:42 AM   #323
flipotto

Default Display suggestions for bcr2000 plugin controls

Bcr2000 for plugin control is working great!
I have reached my limit for number of controls I can remember or have room for tape labels with control, alt, shift modifiers placed on the BCR.
Is there some sort of display solution?
What I am thinking - l have an old iPad running lemur or TouchOSC used as a display monitor(s) like mcu displays or a clone of the c4 display.
Has this been done? Or is it possible?
Am I wasting my time because there is a better solution?
flipotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 05:16 AM   #324
VanMartinrooy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Try with the latest version of Reaper.
Installed the latest version and there it is!

Thanks chaps, all working well now :-)
VanMartinrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 05:25 AM   #325
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipotto View Post
Is there some sort of display solution?
Absolutely The MM_iPad_Mixer_mk3 in the support files has a built in C4 emulator. It requires TouchOSC_V2 and a good wi-fi connection (or, even better, an ethernet connection)

You'll need to enable FocusedFX mapping by commenting out (or deleting) this line in the MM_iPad_Mixer_mk3 Home Zone:
Code:
OnInitialization  ToggleEnableFocusedFXMapping
Just leave the C4 page on the screen and it will follow the focused FX. You will want to point the iPad to the BCR2000 FX.zon folder, so they're both singing from the same hymn sheet

You could also consider switching to the FX menu method instead of clicking on all those windows

btw Did you get the Configurator working?
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 06:30 AM   #326
flipotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Absolutely The MM_iPad_Mixer_mk3 in the support files has a built in C4 emulator. It requires TouchOSC_V2 and a good wi-fi connection (or, even better, an ethernet connection)

You'll need to enable FocusedFX mapping by commenting out (or deleting) this line in the MM_iPad_Mixer_mk3 Home Zone:
Code:
OnInitialization  ToggleEnableFocusedFXMapping
This is very exciting - I don't have TouchOSC_v2 yet, this will be a reason to buy.

Quote:
You could also consider switching to the FX menu method instead of clicking on all those windows
I'll have to look at that, is it in the wiki?
I do get tired of clicking...

Quote:
btw Did you get the Configurator working?
Yes I was able to open .txt capture - edit and save .zon file. I have not tried moving file to BCR folder yet. I wasn't sure what would happen if there were two different .zon files for the same fx. In my case the Jun-6, there would be a .zon file in the BCR2000\AutoGeneratedFXZones and one in BCR2000\ZoneFXFiles. Does one have precedence/how to select which one gets used? Also - the Configurator generated file has many feedback messages (I didn't know what that would do on my system - I assume the messages just go nowhere) for c4, which I will probably need for the touchosc thing...

I am still struggling with keeping track of the rows vs columns of controls in my head. On top of, what I really want, where.
I have had to contemplate...

I like the visual nature on Configurator, however there many many parts I don't understand, yet. Like on the buttons, how to add the press states [ 0.0 1.0 ] using Configurator? Do I edit that in the text file or is that what the grids on the far right are for?

I don't always have access to the Excel computer, so for expedience I went back to editing text files, something I can do at home. I like to arrange controls from the A knobs and buttons c/d, down to the D knobs. With B knobs being my main row - most important stuff. I know it seems weird - but that is what I have gotten used to. My volume is on the B1, cutoff B2, Res B3. "Muscle memory..."

I am looking at office 365 - I am a teacher and have access to this for free.
however, I will have to upload the file and don't know if the macros will wor?

Last edited by flipotto; 05-25-2023 at 06:50 AM.
Old 05-25-2023, 07:24 AM   #327
MixMonkey

Quote:
I'll have to look at that, is it in the wiki?
I do get tired of clicking...
Yes, it's in the Wiki. You will have to devote one of the rows of eight buttons to it, though. You'll still be clicking, it'll just be buttons instead of windows

Quote:
I wasn't sure what would happen if there were two different .zon files for the same fx. In my case the Jun-6, there would be a .zon file in the BCR2000\AutoGeneratedFXZones and one in BCR2000\ZoneFXFiles. Does one have precedence/how to select which one gets used?
Only have one fx.zon file for each plugin. The ZoneFXFiles folder should be in the main Zones folder, not the BCR2000 folder. Copy any files generated by the Configurator to the BCR2000 folder. They can be re-opened by the Configurator from there for editing and will save back to the new location.

Quote:
Also - the Configurator generated file has many feedback messages (I didn't know what that would do on my system - I assume the messages just go nowhere) for c4, which I will probably need for the touchosc thing...
Yes, those messages are for the displays.
Quote:
I like the visual nature on Configurator, however there many many parts I don't understand, yet. Like on the buttons, how to add the press states [ 0.0 1.0 ] using Configurator? Do I edit that in the text file or is that what the grids on the far right are for?
The Configurator will add the [ 0.0 1.0 ] to buttons by default, and yes, that is what the right hand grid is for. Buttons can also step through values (eg[ 0.0 0.5 1.0 ]) and there are dropdowns for these.
Quote:
I don't always have access to the Excel computer, so for expedience I went back to editing text files, something I can do at home. I like to arrange controls from the A knobs and buttons c/d, down to the D knobs. With B knobs being my main row - most important stuff. I know it seems weird - but that is what I have gotten used to. My volume is on the B1, cutoff B2, Res B3. "Muscle memory..."
Nothing wrong with editing the text files, you'll gain a better understanding that way. Set things up in the way that makes most sense to you. Keeping the same controls assigned to the same parameters across different plugins is an excellent idea
Quote:
I am looking at office 365 - I am a teacher and have access to this for free.
however, I will have to upload the file and don't know if the macros will work?
I use office 365, but have all the apps downloaded. If it's free, give it a shot!
Old 05-25-2023, 08:36 AM   #328
flipotto

Default Which file?

In my download of CS1
The CSI\Surfaces\Touch OSC Layouts
the file is MM_iPad_mixer_mk3.tosc
In TouchOsc I should use the FX page?
There is not page defined as C4, nor a filename C4Emu.touchosc
https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...-Device-in-CSI
I'm reading the wiki trying to configure things.
Directions on Step 5 page https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...-Device-in-CSI
number 10 - when I add "CSI Sends to port" there is no place for surface select, should there be? or did that move to assignment?
I'm getting lost in the directions. Sorry to be a pain.

Edit - which in the reaper CSI dialog "pages" What do I type there as page
I tried HomePage - gets me past the dialog.
Don't see any data on the ipad with the FX page up.

I do have a license from work for downloaded Excel.
So I am now working on 3 different parts of this at the same time! Yay!

Last edited by flipotto; 05-25-2023 at 09:08 AM.
Old 05-25-2023, 09:19 AM   #329
MixMonkey

Quote:
In my download of CS1
The CSI\Surfaces\Touch OSC Layouts
the file is MM_iPad_mixer_mk3.tosc
In TouchOsc I should use the FX page?
For the purposes of getting it setup, just leave it on the mixer page.
Quote:
There is not page defined as C4, nor a filename C4Emu.touchosc
https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...-Device-in-CSI
I'm reading the wiki trying to configure things.
Directions on Step 5 page https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...-Device-in-CSI
number 10 - when I add "CSI Sends to port" there is no place for surface select, should there be? or did that move to assignment?
I'm getting lost in the directions.
The instructions are a little out of date. In the Surfaces section of the CSI prefs, click "Add OSC" and fill in the box that appears (call it 'iPad', or whatever you like).
In the Assignments section, click Add and select the name you created in the Surfaces section. Set the number of channels to 16. Set the Surface to "MM_iPad_Mixer_mk3.ost". Set the Zone Folder to "MM_iPad_Mixer_mk3". Set the FX Folder to BCR2000.
Quote:
Edit - which in the reaper CSI dialog "pages" What do I type there as page. I tried HomePage - gets me past the dialog.
That's fine.
Quote:
Don't see any data on the ipad with the FX page up.
Leave it on the Mixer page and restart Reaper. Check your IP addresses in both TouchOSC and Reaper/CSI.
Old 05-25-2023, 10:02 AM   #330
flipotto

Quote:
Leave it on the Mixer page and restart Reaper. Check your IP addresses in both TouchOSC and Reaper/CSI.
TouchOSC wifi (would rather run on usb with bridge - not sure how to set that up? I tried that but can't get that going...)

Using add OSC device to test: I have
Code:
Device port: 9000
Local listen port:8000 on IP- 192.168.0.20
Listen button - shows fader movement - when i move Touchosc fader
So - I know TouchOsc is talking to it, and hearing on port 8000.
Close that > back to CSI settings for ipad
Code:
Remote IP: 192.168.0.155
CSI receives on port:8000
CSI sends to port 9000
Surface dialog - ipad, 16chan, dropdowns - Surface:MM_iPad_mixer_mk3.ost
Zone folder:MM_iPad_Mixer_mk3 FXZoneFolder:BCR2000
TouchOsc Settings:
I picked OSC, should I pick midi?
Code:
Connection 1:UDP
host:192.168.0.20 ip of Reaper computer
send port:8000
Receive port:9000
Zeroconf:default
It's possible I am blocking those ports on router or need to open them... will check that next.
Old 05-25-2023, 11:18 AM   #331
MixMonkey

Quote:
TouchOSC wifi (would rather run on usb with bridge - not sure how to set that up? I tried that but can't get that going...)
USB Bridge won't work with OSC. I agree, it would be much better than WiFi.
Quote:
I picked OSC, should I pick midi?
Nope, OSC is correct. The settings look reasonable to me.
Quote:
It's possible I am blocking those ports on router or need to open them... will check that next.
I'm afraid you'll need someone with Windows knowledge to help you with that one...
Old 05-25-2023, 11:41 AM   #332
Funkybot

I don't know anything about networking, so I just try different pairs of ports until I find one that works.

That work? Nope? Ok...

That work? Nope? Ok...

etc.

Also, I'm not sure if this is true on Mac, but I find that when setting up an OSC device in CSI, I really need to exit and restart Reaper. I've never had luck with Refresh All Surfaces picking up the device or port changes so I just restart Reaper following each new attempt.
Old 05-25-2023, 11:46 AM   #333
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Also, I'm not sure if this is true on Mac, but I find that when setting up an OSC device in CSI, I really need to exit and restart Reaper. I've never had luck with Refresh All Surfaces picking up the device or port changes so I just restart Reaper following each new attempt.
Yep, this is definitely the case when messing around with ports and IP addresses. Only a complete quit and restart will pick up the changes.
Old 05-25-2023, 12:11 PM   #334
flipotto

Quote:
I don't know anything about networking, so I just try different pairs of ports until I find one that works.

That work? Nope? Ok...

That work? Nope? Ok...

etc.

Thank you, will try that. Yes restart reaper, each time.
Perhaps I have attempted too many things at the same time...
This should work, alas.

Last edited by flipotto; 05-25-2023 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-26-2023, 05:24 AM   #335
Geoff Waddington

New build is up.

CSI 3.0.1

Link is below in blue.

There is now a Wiki that includes the Change Log.

Folks, please let me know what you think of this new approach, and please suggest any improvements you would like to see.

Code:
Change Log

3.0.1 -- May 26, 2023

Fix for slamming faders
Faders no longer zero when switching Zones. This means there should be no more Fader "slamming".

New Action -- ClearZone
ClearZone deactivates the current Zone and zeros all Widgets in the current Zone. Very handy if you have an 8 channel surface like an MCU, X Touch etc., that you use to map FX using FXMenu.

Typical usage:

Zone "VST: UAD Harrison 32C (Universal Audio, Inc.)" "Har32C"

Plugin      		ClearZone
When you press Plugin you will be returned to the FXMenu.

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 05-26-2023 at 05:34 AM.
Old 05-26-2023, 10:16 AM   #336
Wim_P

Default No X32 support anymore?

Last year I played a little with CSI v2 and I remember the X32 was in the support files. Unfortunatly the last couple of months I had no time but now I want to start with a fresh install and use the actual CSI version 3.... but no X32 info anymore. Do I miss something?
Wim_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 11:02 AM   #337
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim_P View Post
Last year I played a little with CSI v2 and I remember the X32 was in the support files. Unfortunatly the last couple of months I had no time but now I want to start with a fresh install and use the actual CSI version 3.... but no X32 info anymore. Do I miss something?
User JacksonBrowne created the X32 integration and support files. Not sure if he's had a chance to port them to V3.

If not, I could give it a shot if you'd be willing to test. Note: I don't own an X32 and don't know all the requirements for making it work. I'd strictly just be updating the syntax if any changes were needed.
Old 05-26-2023, 04:41 PM   #338
jacksoonbrowne

Quote:
User JacksonBrowne created the X32 integration and support files. Not sure if he's had a chance to port them to V3.

If not, I could give it a shot if you'd be willing to test. Note: I don't own an X32 and don't know all the requirements for making it work. I'd strictly just be updating the syntax if any changes were needed.
Hey FB,

I haven't had a chance to port X32 files to V3 yet.

There have been a lot of changes since V2.
I can start the porting, but was wondering if it might be faster for you as the Guru with intimate knowledge of the all the changes.

What do you think?

If your up for it I can put my most recent supprt files in my dropbox which the Wiki points to.

Cheers,
Roy
Old 05-26-2023, 05:28 PM   #339
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksoonbrowne View Post
Hey FB,

I haven't had a chance to port X32 files to V3 yet.

There have been a lot of changes since V2.
I can start the porting, but was wondering if it might be faster for you as the Guru with intimate knowledge of the all the changes.

What do you think?

If your up for it I can put my most recent supprt files in my dropbox which the Wiki points to.

Cheers,
Roy
I think from a syntax standpoint, the required changes to the .zon files should be pretty minimal. I could certainly take a stab at it and send the files back to you for testing.
Old 05-26-2023, 05:34 PM   #340
jacksoonbrowne

Quote:
I think from a syntax standpoint, the required changes to the .zon files should be pretty minimal. I could certainly take a stab at it and send the files back to you for testing.
Thanks FB,

Appreciate you taking a stab at.

My most recent X32 support files for CSI v2.0 are posted to my drop box.

The new link to it is
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/3mjh7...e1vx8pr4humw1i

The new link replaces the old link in the CSI Wiki Change Log.
So you should update the change log with the new URL.

Cheers,
Roy
Old 05-26-2023, 06:11 PM   #341
Funkybot

Quote:
Thanks FB,

Appreciate you taking a stab at.

My most recent X32 support files for CSI v2.0 are posted to my drop box.

The new link to it is

The new link replaces the old link in the CSI Wiki Change Log.
So you should update the change log with the new URL.

Cheers,
Roy
Hey Roy, just giving this a quick look, I don't think there's much that needs porting.

To port this existing functionality, the only thing that sticks out is this:

Change this...
Code:
             BankLeft                    TrackBank -16
             BankRight                   TrackBank  16
To this...
Code:
             BankLeft                    Bank Track -16
             BankRight                   Bank Track  16
Otherwise, I think it should just work since the only zones are a Track zone, Master Track, and Transport and they're all part of the home.zon.

I do see a ReaEQ zone included in Home, and I'm not sure what that is doing there or what the intention is. Please let me know what the thinking of that is. Otherwise, remove it from the IncludedZones in Home.zon.

Do you want to expand the functionality at all or are there reasons you stopped with just track and master track zones? For instance, are there any user-assignable buttons we can repurpose to activate zones like sends, receives, maybe an FX menu? Do you want to add auto-FX mapping to the faders?
Old 05-26-2023, 06:31 PM   #342
jacksoonbrowne

Quote:
Hey Roy, just giving this a quick look, I don't think there's much that needs porting.

To port this existing functionality, the only thing that sticks out is this:

Change this...
Code:
             BankLeft                    TrackBank -16
             BankRight                   TrackBank  16
To this...
Code:
             BankLeft                    Bank Track -16
             BankRight                   Bank Track  16
Otherwise, I think it should just work since the only zones are a Track zone, Master Track, and Transport and they're all part of the home.zon.

I do see a ReaEQ zone included in Home, and I'm not sure what that is doing there or what the intention is. Please let me know what the thinking of that is. Otherwise, remove it from the IncludedZones in Home.zon.

Do you want to expand the functionality at all or are there reasons you stopped with just track and master track zones? For instance, are there any user-assignable buttons we can repurpose to activate zones like sends, receives, maybe an FX menu? Do you want to add auto-FX mapping to the faders?
Thanks FB that was fast

I will make the the changes for banking and test on V3

ReaEQ in the home zone was an orphan left over while I was attempting to test out FX. It will be removed.

In the .ost file I have defined about 99.9% of the X32 surface to widgets.
And most are not yet used in zones.

There are 3 banks of 8 assignable buttons defined in the .ost
These are :
  • // USER ASSIGNABLE - BANK A
  • // USER ASSIGNABLE - BANK B
  • // USER ASSIGNABLE - BANK C
I have used bank C for transport zone.
Banks A and B are unused in zone files and can be used as desired.

There is so much that can be done for FX but I haven't got there yet

I am going to make the track banking changes and test every thing out this evening.
Stay tuned to this channel for breaking news

Last edited by jacksoonbrowne; 05-26-2023 at 06:38 PM.
jacksoonbrowne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 04:44 AM   #343
UNdark

Quote:
New build is up.

CSI 3.0.1

Link is below in blue.

Folks, please let me know what you think of this new approach, and please suggest any improvements you would like to see.

Code:
Change Log

3.0.1 -- May 26, 2023

Fix for slamming faders
Faders no longer zero when switching Zones. This means there should be no more Fader "slamming".

New Action -- ClearZone
ClearZone deactivates the current Zone and zeros all Widgets in the current Zone. Very handy if you have an 8 channel surface like an MCU, X Touch etc., that you use to map FX using FXMenu.

Typical usage:

Plugin      		ClearZone
Is this the case with the new version? thats fantastic if it is!!!! Excellent!!!!
Old 05-28-2023, 07:36 AM   #344
flipotto

Default Stacking an on/off and level of something on a knob

Good morning,

Can I know I can stack commands on a knob like
Quote:
C4FXLayout "B" 4 FXParam 2 "LFO Rate (Unsync)"
C4FXLayout "B" 4 FXParam 1 "LFO Rate (sync)"
Can I stack an on/off command to occur at the beginning of the knob movement (like an automatic on)? Trying to save buttons and keep the controls on the same knob. This synth Jup 8, has an on/off for portamento and a separate knob for amount.
Code:
C4FXLayout "C" 6 FXParam 46 [ 0.0 1.0 ] "Portamento on/off" 
C4FXLayout "C" 6 FXParam 45 "Portamento Amount"
I looked here but didn't see something that applied.
Old 05-28-2023, 07:53 AM   #345
Funkybot

Quote:
Good morning,

Can I know I can stack commands on a knob like

Can I stack an on/off command to occur at the beginning of the knob movement (like an automatic on)? Trying to save buttons and keep the controls on the same knob. This synth Jup 8, has an on/off for portamento and a separate knob for amount.
Code:
C4FXLayout "C" 6 FXParam 46 [ 0.0 1.0 ] "Portamento on/off" 
I looked here but didn't see something that applied.
You can't stack two different parameters on the same knob the way you're trying to, but what you can do instead is use modifiers. Example:

Code:
C4FXLayout+Shift "C" 6 FXParam 46 [ 0.0 1.0 ] "Portamento on/off"
That way, pressing the Shift button on your surface (assuming you have one, or one you can dedicate) will allow you to change the knob behavior.

See here instead: https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...wiki/Modifiers
Old 05-28-2023, 09:58 AM   #346
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNdark View Post
Is this the case with the new version? thats fantastic if it is!!!! Excellent!!!!
Was it the fix for slamming Faders that you liked ?

The reason I ask is, was thinking of replacing ClearZone with ClearFXSlot, would you also want to keep ClearZone ?
Old 05-28-2023, 12:46 PM   #347
Wim_P

Default X32 home zone

Quote:
Thanks FB that was fast

I will make the the changes for banking and test on V3

ReaEQ in the home zone was an orphan left over while I was attempting to test out FX. It will be removed.

In the .ost file I have defined about 99.9% of the X32 surface to widgets.
And most are not yet used in zones.

There are 3 banks of 8 assignable buttons defined in the .ost
These are :
  • // USER ASSIGNABLE - BANK A
  • // USER ASSIGNABLE - BANK B
  • // USER ASSIGNABLE - BANK C
I have used bank C for transport zone.
Banks A and B are unused in zone files and can be used as desired.

There is so much that can be done for FX but I haven't got there yet

I am going to make the track banking changes and test every thing out this evening.
Stay tuned to this channel for breaking news

Thanks for all the work you do! I changed the x32 home zone a little, so bank C initializes when Reaper/CSI starts. Wanted to share this for other users.
Attached Files
File Type: txt X32_Home.txt (1.7 KB, 41 views)
Old 05-28-2023, 01:20 PM   #348
jacksoonbrowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim_P View Post
Thanks for all the work you do! I changed the x32 home zone a little, so bank C initializes when Reaper/CSI starts. Wanted to share this for other users.
Excellent catch WimP.

I will add this to my x32 support files.

Cheers,
Roy
Old 05-28-2023, 05:26 PM   #349
xeonblack

Default Slammin faders gone

Quote:
New build is up.

CSI 3.0.1

Link is below in blue.

Code:
Change Log

3.0.1 -- May 26, 2023

Fix for slamming faders

New Action -- ClearZone

Typical usage:

Plugin      		ClearZone

Thank you so much, finally I've been waiting for this.
xeonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 08:53 PM   #350
jacksoonbrowne

Quote:
Excellent catch WimP.

I will add this to my x32 support files.

Cheers,
Roy
@WimP,

I do like your idea of having Reaper setup up the X32 for transport without requiring loading the X32 with my support .scn file.
Great Idea

However, I tried your home.zon "OnIntialization" settings on my X32 and I get strange results.
I will investigate it, and make it work properly.

In the meantime you should use the .scn file, as my support files work with that x32 config.
Old 05-28-2023, 09:06 PM   #351
jacksoonbrowne

Default X32 Updated Support Files For CSI V3

X32 Updated Support Files For CSI V3

These can be obtained from my dropbox at:

Old 05-28-2023, 09:12 PM   #352
jacksoonbrowne

Quote:
X32 Updated Support Files For CSI V3

These can be obtained from my dropbox at:

@Funkybot,
You should change the URL in the wiki change log to the above URL

Old URL:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/upw6b...zbeqjyob5e69d2

New URL:

Cheers,
Roy
Old 05-29-2023, 02:05 AM   #353
Wim_P

@Jacksoonbrowne

Thanks and nice that you want to have a look at my OnInitialization idea. Most of the time it works for me, sometimes not so there is something to improve here...

I will download and test your new files on my X32 setup.

Wim
Old 05-29-2023, 02:20 AM   #354
UNdark

Quote:
Was it the fix for slamming Faders that you liked ?

The reason I ask is, was thinking of replacing ClearZone with ClearFXSlot, would you also want to keep ClearZone ?
Thankyou - yes the fader slamming is a massive thing to sort.
I can see how both clearfxslot and clearzone would be valid if we can keep them both?
Many thanks
Old 05-29-2023, 02:42 AM   #355
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNdark View Post
Thankyou - yes the fader slamming is a massive thing to sort.
I can see how both clearfxslot and clearzone would be valid if we can keep them both?
Many thanks
Thanks, will consider adding a proper ClearZone.
Old 05-29-2023, 02:43 AM   #356
Geoff Waddington

New build us up.

Version 3.0.2.

Code:
3.0.2 -- May 29, 2023
Removed Action -- ClearZone
Replaced by ClearFXSlot

New Action -- ClearFXSlot
ClearFXSlot deactivates the current FX Slot Zone and zeros all Widgets. Very handy if you have an 8 channel surface like an MCU, X Touch, MCU Extender etc., that you use to map FX using FXMenu.
Old 05-29-2023, 07:11 AM   #357
Donno

Quote:
You shouldn't need to have an open window for the SSL mapping to work (I don't here), but as there are no displays on the BCR2000 it's probably prudent to keep a single FX chain window permanently open to monitor plugins as you move from track to track (set this up in the Reaper prefs). This will let you focus plugins on the selected track reliably as well as providing visual feedback.

Let me take a look and see what's possible. Putting an FX Zone in the IncludedZones section of the Home Zone is definitely a hack, certainly not standard CSI practice. What would be much better would be a way to have an FX slot automatically load on track selection but still use the FXMenu to select other plugins on the track. Using the FXMenu would mean no more faffing about with focusing (or not) FX windows and is definitely my preferred method. That said, let me see if we can expand on the channel strip to include the bus comp.

It's working here. Did you toggle it on using the Action?

I think parameter invert/reverse is still on the to do list.
Sorry for the late reply, haven't had a lot of time to continue the BCR experimentation :') It does seem that I need the windows to be open somewhere even if it's dragged off the screen or something. Not much of a problem tho, and I'm planning on using SSL360 to keep overview and have some visual feedback.

I'll look into FXMenu then next time I have more time to mess around with this. Although just having the channelstrip working is already great as it is.

I had indeed toggled ZoneRawFXFiles but to no avail, but I should be okay without it anyways. And I understand that the parameter invert is still on the to-do list, however it's a bit strange because a few of the channelstrip parameters are inverted on their own, that's why I was wondering if I could invert them back haha.
Donno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 08:46 AM   #358
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donno View Post
I had indeed toggled ZoneRawFXFiles but to no avail.
See if the ZoneRawFXFiles and ZoneFXFiles exist in your CSI/Zones folder. If not, create them.
Quote:
I'm planning on using SSL360 to keep overview and have some visual feedback.
How will this work?
Old 05-29-2023, 10:57 AM   #359
UNdark

Quote:
New build us up.

Version 3.0.2.

Code:
3.0.2 -- May 29, 2023
Removed Action -- ClearZone
Replaced by ClearFXSlot

New Action -- ClearFXSlot
ClearFXSlot deactivates the current FX Slot Zone and zeros all Widgets. Very handy if you have an 8 channel surface like an MCU, X Touch, MCU Extender etc., that you use to map FX using FXMenu.
Look forward to tryng this thanks Geoff
Old 05-29-2023, 11:06 AM   #360
flipotto

Default Readelay - length (musical) - bcr2000 rotary knob scaling

Hello,

I am trying to scale the steps of a rotary encoder (bcr2k).
Right now the values are unpredictable and moves very fast.
I found this in my searching. what values that should be in the box for length musical in Readelay
Quote:
Note readelay time
1 8.0
1/2 dot 6.0
1/2 4.0
1/4 dot 3.0
1/4 2.0
1/8 dot 1.5
1/4T 1.333
1/8 1.0
1/8T 0.666
1/16 0.5
1/16T 0.333
How do I scale the knob parameter to something like that?
I mean discrete note values

The knob has 0-256 values
Do I divide ((number above from list)/256) to get the value that would be used. Doing calculations I get this.
Code:
RotaryD1 FXParam 4 [ (11) 0.00130208333333 0.001953125 0.00260416666660 0.00390625 0.00520833333333 0.005859375  0.0078125 0.01171875 0.015625 0.0234375 0.03125 ]
This works, but is very cumbersome.
Is there an easier, better way to do this?