Old 05-04-2008, 08:38 AM   #41
thebigcheese
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatbastarddon View Post
have you tried playing around with ReaVerb in reverse mode?

you may find it interesting on a send followed by something like JS:SStillwell/delay_tempo.

good luck,

don
Hmm, I didn't know it could do that... Man, Reaper is totally awesome. I think that reverseness is probably what I'm looking for, but the reversed reverb could be even cooler. Or both, why not. Thanks for the tip!
thebigcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:02 AM   #42
thatbastarddon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigcheese View Post
I think that reverseness is probably what I'm looking for, but the reversed reverb could be even cooler. Or both, why not. Thanks for the tip!
check the fx chain in the pic in my previous post.
i think i was able to get close, but not sure.
if you could post your previous (or another) example in both dry and(desired)wet form, i could verify easier.

don
thatbastarddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:58 AM   #43
thebigcheese

Quote:
check the fx chain in the pic in my previous post.
i think i was able to get close, but not sure.
if you could post your previous (or another) example in both dry and(desired)wet form, i could verify easier.

don
Done www.nickglover.com/Tests.wav

I could've done it sooner, but my desktop decided to crap out today. It was what I was using for recording, but it's given me so many issues, I think I might just stick with my laptop... latency isn't that much worse, anyway. Stupid computers.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:28 PM   #44
thatbastarddon

i don't know if this is really going to get you what you want.
i thought it was closer yesterday, but i'll leave it to you to
decide.

http://shup.com/Shup/40120/reversedelay.zip
Old 05-06-2008, 12:36 AM   #45
thebigcheese

Quote:
i don't know if this is really going to get you what you want.
i thought it was closer yesterday, but i'll leave it to you to
decide.

http://shup.com/Shup/40120/reversedelay.zip
Hey, that's pretty spiffy Thanks for all the help! I'm not sure I quite understand what all the stuff you have going on is doing. I get the chorus effect (although it's very minimal in this case, so I could hardly tell), but then you have reverseness AND a lot of other things going on in the ReaVerb. What does adding the file to the impulse generator do (does it make it a different type of reverb?)? What is all that time/gain/stretch business? It all looks very complicated...

Also, is there any way to get the reverseness to not have all the annoying clicks? The ReaVerb by itself sounds a little weird, but with the reverseness on it glitches a bit.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:57 AM   #46
thatbastarddon

Quote:
Hey, that's pretty spiffy Thanks for all the help! I'm not sure I quite understand what all the stuff you have going on is doing. I get the chorus effect (although it's very minimal in this case, so I could hardly tell), but then you have reverseness AND a lot of other things going on in the ReaVerb. What does adding the file to the impulse generator do (does it make it a different type of reverb?)? What is all that time/gain/stretch business? It all looks very complicated...

Also, is there any way to get the reverseness to not have all the annoying clicks? The ReaVerb by itself sounds a little weird, but with the reverseness on it glitches a bit.
no problem, i didn't want to over do the chorus effect(i figured you could mix to your taste). there seems to be some modulation effect on the original making it sound "thicker", you might try setting the track 1 send to pre-fx.
the file for the impulse generator gives the imp. gen. "something to do". the trim/gain/stretch sort of picks the spot of the impulse that is referenced and effects how long that spot is etc.
try un-ticking the box to turn it off(along with normalize).
in this case the "pre-verb" setting will control when the re-verb "peaks".(you will have to raise the "wet" level in ReaVerb to get the effect back up and audible).
as far as the clicks in reverseness go, i wasn't getting them with the settings i saved in the project on my system. try raising your buffer? or play around with "overlap".
got to go to work(late)
good luck,

don
Old 05-06-2008, 10:46 AM   #47
thebigcheese

So I read up on ReaVerb in the manual today to figure out what exactly all this impulse generation stuff was. I think I get it now. I had no idea Reaper could do that, so that's pretty awesome. Reaper gets more awesome the more I learn about it.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:40 PM   #48
thebigcheese

Oh, so reverseness is working fine now as well... At least, when I reboot and run it in XP instead of OS X it does. It's a little weird at faster time intervals, but otherwise it's fine.

I'm going to do some reading up on making those impulse files... There's a stairwell I really wanted to record in, but I only had my desktop PCI interface at the time.

Anywho, thanks a million for doing all that work to get a good sound. If you want, I can let you know when we finally get around to recording the song so you can see how it gets put to use
Old 05-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #49
thatbastarddon

Quote:

Anywho, thanks a million for doing all that work to get a good sound. If you want, I can let you know when we finally get around to recording the song so you can see how it gets put to use
i had fun playing around, thats the way i like to learn. as far as letting me know when your song is done, that would be great. send me a pm and a link when it's done please.
i really did enjoy "shells" from your myspace page.

don
Old 05-07-2008, 06:33 AM   #50
TheCaptain

There's a nifty little free VST effect called Backman that I have used for all kinds of backwards stuff:

http://www.maraca.info/spyro/klangla...an/BackMan.htm
TheCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:57 PM   #51
thatbastarddon

cool, thank you captain.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:43 AM   #52
thebigcheese

Sweet. Now I have all kinds of options...
Old 08-14-2020, 06:16 PM   #53
Gambit Pawn

Default late to the party...

https://vst4free.com/plugin/858/
https://www.gvst.co.uk/grevdly.htm
Gambit Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote