Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 12-22-2020, 07:44 PM   #1
caronte23
Human being with feelings

Default Single channel control surface follow Reaper track select.

Hi everybody, I was wondering if there's a way to have my single channel control surface always focused on whatever channel I select on Reaper. It works the other way around.
I'm testing this using an iPhone and touchOSC and it's not working, but Iteally I'd like to get one of those 1 motorised fader control surfaces and I'd like to now if it would work with those.

On a side note it would be nce if you could link selected tracks on multiple controllers so that for example you could have a multi channel control surface and dedicated controller for eq or something...
caronte23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 10:06 AM   #2
airon

Yes, at the very least with CSI, probably also with all those controllers using their Mackie Control Universal modes.

Some even have their own control surface drivers, such as the Faderport v1.

There are several owners of each controller on this forum. I personally use a 16-fader version of the Faderport.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 10:53 AM   #3
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by caronte23 View Post
Hi everybody, I was wondering if there's a way to have my single channel control surface always focused on whatever channel I select on Reaper. It works the other way around.
I'm testing this using an iPhone and touchOSC and it's not working, but Iteally I'd like to get one of those 1 motorised fader control surfaces and I'd like to now if it would work with those.

On a side note it would be nce if you could link selected tracks on multiple controllers so that for example you could have a multi channel control surface and dedicated controller for eq or something...
I use an X-Touch One with the Reaper CSI extension in Selected Track mode. Works great.

You basically setup CSI, setup the device in CSI, use the MC STD mode on the device, then you can use the included files I provided that are setup for selected track navigation. Any one channel device like that will work with CSI except the original FaderPort, where the fader doesn't work. The FaderPort V2, X-Touch One, the ICON device, should all work.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote