Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2020, 05:42 PM   #11
TonE
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherT View Post
EG: on Protools, One can group a bunch of tracks, when grouping is selected - a small window comes up and you can tick what you want to automate - volume/mute /pan/plugin automation (and editing).

In a mix situation, I can group a whole bunch of tracks with LF content - insert a EQ on all of the tracks.
All I need to do is automate one of these grouped tracks and affect all of them. Fast simple workflow.

I spent 3 years solid on Reaper on some large installations and film projects (among other projects).
The lack of track grouping became untenable in the end.

I wont put myself into that corner again where I can't easily and quickly control various grouped individual tracks with automation and editing during a project.
The rest of Reaper is GOLD
Thanks for some info, but it could be a bit more precise.

Simplest case scenario would be grouping 2 tracks, rather than ungrouped single track, right?

(a) Now in those 2 tracks, how many parameters you want to map, typically, 1, 2, 10, 100?

(b) Let us select a single parameter, volume, should they all get absolutely same value or only same shifts relatively? Or if that would be EQ Freq, should they all get exact same value?

(c) How many tracks are you grouping typically? 2, 10 or more?

Those information would help a bit more. Somehow it sounds from your description above not as something which would not be possible, having all programmability, api's for reaper. To me it sounds like, do something for one parameter, then copy the exact values to some other targets as well, if I understood all correctly? The art should be only something like on the fly target selection.
-selecting tracks (grouping)
-selecting targets (parameters which should get exact same value)
-do it.

Other than that, you could also do something like, select tracks, make them child of a new parent track, put the automation on that parent track until you like the result. Then taking that automation from parent, copy/duplicate to all children, remove parent again. I think this trick could also work. Only with a few minutes thinking there are ways to try, unless I did not understand your situation correctly.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote