Old 11-29-2018, 12:45 PM   #1
juliansader
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,191
Default What does the function CSurf_OnOscControlMessage do?

I am curious about this function from the C++ API:
Code:
CSurf_OnOscControlMessage(const char* msg, const float* arg)
Does it send an OSC message to all connected devices?


And in the case of CreateLocalOscHandler, what is the void* obj parameter?
Code:
// CreateLocalOscHandler
// callback is a function pointer: void (*callback)(void* obj, const char* msg, int msglen), which handles OSC messages sent from REAPER. The function return is a local osc handler. See SendLocalOscMessage, DestroyOscHandler.

void* (*CreateLocalOscHandler)(void* obj, void* callback);
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 03:43 AM   #2
Xenakios
Human being with feelings
 
Xenakios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oulu, Finland
Posts: 7,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
in the case of CreateLocalOscHandler, what is the void* obj parameter?
Code:
// CreateLocalOscHandler
// callback is a function pointer: void (*callback)(void* obj, const char* msg, int msglen), which handles OSC messages sent from REAPER. The function return is a local osc handler. See SendLocalOscMessage, DestroyOscHandler.

void* (*CreateLocalOscHandler)(void* obj, void* callback);
The obj parameter can be a pointer to whatever object you need to have access to in the callback. If you don't need any extra context for the callback, you can pass in a nullptr.
__________________
For info on SWS Reaper extension plugin (including Xenakios' previous extension/actions) :
http://www.sws-extension.org/
https://github.com/Jeff0S/sws
--
Xenakios blog (about HourGlass, Paul(X)Stretch and λ) :
http://xenakios.wordpress.com/
Xenakios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:33 PM   #3
juliansader
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenakios View Post
The obj parameter can be a pointer to whatever object you need to have access to in the callback. If you don't need any extra context for the callback, you can pass in a nullptr.
Ah, thanks.

Do you perhaps have any idea what CSurf_OnOscControlMessage does?
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:15 AM   #4
Xenakios
Human being with feelings
 
Xenakios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oulu, Finland
Posts: 7,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
Ah, thanks.

Do you perhaps have any idea what CSurf_OnOscControlMessage does?
Not really, but I would guess it either does what OscLocalMessageToHost does (sends an OSC message to Reaper itself) or it sends the message to the network.
__________________
For info on SWS Reaper extension plugin (including Xenakios' previous extension/actions) :
http://www.sws-extension.org/
https://github.com/Jeff0S/sws
--
Xenakios blog (about HourGlass, Paul(X)Stretch and λ) :
http://xenakios.wordpress.com/
Xenakios is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.