Old 10-04-2018, 02:54 AM   #1
bluellew
Human being with feelings

Default El Capitan Plugins wont work

Hi, i'm hoping someone can assist. I've not much experience with reaper and i installed the latest version on my macbook pro. 2012 model. OS El Capitan.
If i try to open something like Reasamplomatic 5000 on an fx window and click browse, to load a sample, it doesn't go to plugins, it opens Reaper media.
I've tried to re-scan in the preferences, to no avail. Before i created the Reaper projects file, it would open to my applications.
Could it be because i also have garageband on the machine?
Ive always used Windows in the past with no issues, this Mac thing is so painful, i can obviously do nothing with it until i can get this sorted.
bluellew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:44 AM   #2
Xenakios

Why should it go to "plugins" if you want to load an audio file into a sampler? You do mean the "browse" button in the ReaSamplomatic plugin, right?

edit : It will also remember the last folder you've used when selecting a sample to import, so just navigate first into where your samples are located with the dialog, select a sample and the next time you use the browse button in ReaSamplomatic, it will open the dialog in that same folder.

Last edited by Xenakios; 10-04-2018 at 07:22 AM.
Xenakios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 02:40 AM   #3
bluellew

Thank you very much for responding. As i mentioned, i'm not a power user.
Yes, i'm talking about the "browse" button, and i guess it must load an audio file and perhaps not a plugin. The issue is that in attempting to create a drum track, i tried to follow the video by K Gioia and when i get to the point where Reasamplomatic5000 should offer the various audio files, the browse button doesn't open any audio files, but opens a location which seems random. I click "browse" and it opens the Applications folder. Then i created a folder for storing my projects and the next time, the browse button opened that. Then i created a "test song " file and the next time, the browse button opened that. On my windows pc. there never is this issue, the program simply does what it is meant to do. It is as if the mac is confused about where to find the audio files. Or perhaps there is some incompatibility with Garageband. Although Garageband is horrible, it works and loads various Vst's and Vsti's with no issues.
Old 10-05-2018, 02:50 AM   #4
Xenakios

You will just need to browse in the ReaSamplomatic browse dialog to where your audio samples are. I suppose as long as you haven't actually chosen a sample file to use, the file dialog will open in a "random" folder. (Probably the current "working path".) Reaper itself does not come with any sample content, so there's no obvious default folder location to use. I suppose the Kenny G video assumes you have separately downloaded some audio samples to use with the tutorial...?

GarageBand has nothing to do with it.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:54 AM   #5
bluellew

Ok, thanks, i guess that makes sense. I assumed that there was sample content. Somehow on my PC there is sample content, but when i finally made it to the VST folder or file, i saw that there simply is nothing there. Thanks. God knows what to do next. Where what how does one get samples. I don't understand it, i downloaded and used this program back in 2010 for the first time. Loved it, bought it and haven't used it much. I hate apple macs. Maybe it's just because i've used windows since 3.1.