Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 09-24-2018, 03:20 PM   #1
OakleyRdStudios
Human being with feelings

Default How do I navigate to the REAPER Resource folder on Mac?

I can look at the resources folder through the Options menu in Reaper but if I try to go that route through finder it does not seem to exist. WTF!?
OakleyRdStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 03:42 PM   #2
cfillion

The Library folder is hidden by default on macOS. It can still be accessed using "Go to folder" (Cmd+Shift+G). You can also unhide it by enabling "Show Library folder" in the Finder's View menu > Show View Options.

Last edited by cfillion; 09-24-2018 at 04:40 PM.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:32 PM   #3
OakleyRdStudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
The Library folder is hidden by default on macOS. It can still be accessed using "Go to folder" (Cmd+Shift+G). You can also unhide it by enabling "Show Library folder" in View > Show View Options.
The Library folder isn't hidden. It's just that when I open the folder named 'Reaper' in Application Support, none of the Reaper resource folders show up in there. All that appears is the User Plugins folder; the rest of the folder is empty. As for "Enabling Show Library Folder" - I do not see that option anywhere in the View Options dialogue. I can, as I said, however, still get there through the Reaper Options menu. I'm just puzzled by this.

Last edited by OakleyRdStudios; 09-24-2018 at 04:43 PM.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:35 PM   #4
Fergler

There are two Library folders

Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:05 PM   #5
OakleyRdStudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergler View Post
There are two Library folders
I know there are but there is no Application Support folder in the System Library - and no Library in Users at all. Just a folder called "Shared" and a Home icon that sends me straight back to where I started. Plus, no option anywhere in View Options, to "Enable Library Folder".

Last edited by OakleyRdStudios; 09-24-2018 at 09:12 PM.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:35 PM   #6
Studio Saturn

use this on your terminal and re launch your finder defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
Studio Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:06 AM   #7
vanhaze

- Give focus to Finder.
- Hold down ALT key.
- Mouseclick on the Menu "Go", in the Finder menubar.
- Choose "Library"
- You can now let down of ALT key.
- Doubleclick the Folder "Application Support"
Now, do you see a Folder "Reaper" ? (i very hope so 4U).
That is Reaper's resources Folder.
Old 09-29-2018, 03:20 PM   #8
Xaos

It's located at: /Library/Application Support/REAPER
NOT: /System/Library/Application Support/REAPER

But, that folder is likely to be empty unless you've manually put stuff in there. At least I think so. I always drag the REAPER64.app package to a REAPER_Folder in /Applications because REAPER creates a ton of files and folders in the whatever directory it's in when launched, and I don't want that stuff all over /Applications.

This brings up a question I've had but never wanted to try. If I just drag the REAPER64.app package to /Applications, will it make a folder for itself and all of it's resources, will it put everything in /Library/Application Support/REAPER/, or will it just scatter them all over the Applications folder? I can't imagine it would do the latter. Can someone enlighten me so I don't have to try it?

I like having everything in one folder so I can just copy it to a flash drive if I have to use it on another machine. Only thing that sucks is getting all the plugins. That would be a nice feature to see in 6. When I worked in Graphic Design, InDesign had a Package feature that grabbed the file and all of it's associated assets and fonts and put it all in a portable folder. It would be nice if REAPER did the same thing with the app, resources, media, and the plugins used in the file. InDesign would pop up a copyright warning about fonts. REAPER could do the same with the Plugins.
Old 09-29-2018, 04:46 PM   #9
cfillion

REAPER puts its ressources in the same directory as the .app when doing a portable install. That is when it finds a file named "reaper.ini" in that directory. Otherwise, by default, the resource folder is /Users/username/Library/Application Support/REAPER.

http://reaper.fm/videos.php#PlsLEc5cvEM
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote