Old 03-27-2020, 12:56 PM   #1
Phazma
Human being with feelings

Default Thin line around media items

I am dealing a lot with mastered EDM music files which mostly are clipped to 0dBFS and have little dynamics, so it looks weird that the peaks extend to the very edge/border of the items, touching the arrange window - it looks just like some black blocks if zoomed out, at least in the theme I use it is like this. I was thinking about a solution for a while and by looking at how some other DAWs display peaks inside media items I got an idea.

My idea is to have a thin line around the items which, when unselected, adapts to the color of the item background, and when selected turns white. Also, in the case of stereo audio, there should be a line in the middle of the item, separating the two channel's peaks - that line should also have have the same color as the media item background (and not change to white when selected).

Is something like this possible? If so, how would I best go about it? I guess it involves some image editing... is the approach with drawing a line around and through the middle of the png's regulating the backgrounds of selected and unselected items correct or is there a better/easier way? If it is correct, I have no idea how to make this adaptive, so that the line changes color based on whichever track color I will choose.

As I have mostly just edited the theme in the Theme Tweaker I don't really know how to do such more advanced stuff with image editing, so a rather fool-proof explanation would be very welcome (or pointers to existing threads, tutorials, videos etc).

Thanks

Edit: Here you can better see what I am meaning (below how it is now and above how I want it to be): https://ibb.co/gvcZsM1

Last edited by Phazma; 03-28-2020 at 03:53 AM.
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote