Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 03-17-2020, 06:34 AM   #1
imispgh
Human being with feelings

Default NINJAM BPI Interval counter-Change is bad

Counter at the bottom is now showing flashing numbers. This is very distracting. Can the old moving bar be put back or we are given a choice?
imispgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 09:28 AM   #2
akademie

A change in better way has already been made in v6.05+dev0312.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=232724

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgemeal View Post
v6.05+dev0312 - March 12 2020...
+ ReaNINJAM: allow resize of interval position meter
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 10:29 AM   #3
imispgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by akademie View Post
A change in better way has already been made in v6.05+dev0312.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=232724
No that update did not reverse it.

6.04+dev0221 is the first change-looks to be a mistake since NINJAM is not mentioned in notes?

6.03rc3 it works fine

Do you even use NINJAM?

Nonetheless - I have been using it for 10 years. I know others bothered by the change. If folks like the new view - fine. Then give us the option of choosing which one we want..
Old 03-17-2020, 11:07 AM   #4
akademie

Hehe sure I do use NINJAM/ReaNINJAM, my friend. Why would you think that I answer to your post if not?
And, please, read carefully. It was already reported that it is not good with those new big numbers. Justin then immidiatelly made an option to resize that bar to minimum at least.
Anyway, good luck.
Old 03-17-2020, 11:15 AM   #5
imispgh

Quote:
Hehe sure I do use NINJAM/ReaNINJAM, my friend. Why would you think that I answer to your post if not?
And, please, read carefully. It was already reported that it is not good with those new big numbers. Justin then immidiatelly made an option to resize that bar to minimum at least.
Anyway, good luck.
I just ran the version you stated. It does not have the bar - it has the numbers? What version has it back to the moving bar vs numbers?
Old 03-17-2020, 02:22 PM   #6
akademie

Hmm... here:

https://stash.reaper.fm/38572/reanin...ronome-bar.gif
Old 03-17-2020, 04:17 PM   #7
imispgh

Quote:
Thank you. But the flashing yellow on 1 is annoying. Who the hell decided that something I have enjoyed for 10 years has to change without a vote??????????

Please put it back or give us the option.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:05 AM   #8
imispgh

I see another dev update where there is no option to use the old format. Someone has decided that after 10 years I have to see distracting flashing numbers and yellow boxes? Why can't we have the choice???????????
Old 03-22-2020, 07:32 AM   #9
akademie

Quote:
Originally Posted by imispgh View Post
I see another dev update where there is no option to use the old format. Someone has decided that after 10 years I have to see distracting flashing numbers and yellow boxes? Why can't we have the choice???????????
BTW, as much I understand you to some degree, I would advice you that you hava a choice. And it is to use older version (prior to this change) for NINJAM as portable install alongside your latest up-to-date version of Reaper for main work.

And as always, all is in progress and cannot be done all at the same time. Justin and his small team are working hard on other issues (many times even those that are faulty plugins and should fixed their respective developers, which unfortunately don't care).
Old 03-22-2020, 07:42 AM   #10
imispgh

Quote:
BTW, as much I understand you to some degree, I would advice you that you hava a choice. And it is to use older version (prior to this change) for NINJAM as portable install alongside your latest up-to-date version of Reaper for main work.

And as always, all is in progress and cannot be done all at the same time. Justin and his small team are working hard on other issues (many times even those that are faulty plugins and should fixed their respective developers, which unfortunately don't care).
This is BS

First someone took the time, away from all those things you mentioned, to make the change in the first place. How did they manage that with all those other more important things to do? So now folks can't make another? Nonsense

And who said it was progress????? Change or something new is not always progress nor better.

I am using an old version on the laptop I jam with. I should not have to do that.

Curious - where is the poll that says most folks who use NINJAM wanted or like this??????? My guess is one doesn't exist nor did anyone even try to find out. Leaving the BEST thing being to provide a choice.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:02 AM   #11
akademie

Sorry man, but I do not want to continue duscussion with this attitude of yours
Bye
Old 03-22-2020, 08:07 AM   #12
imispgh

Quote:
Sorry man, but I do not want to continue duscussion with this attitude of yours
Bye
My attitude is one of being frustrated with something that either should not have been done in the first place or done without ANY consideration for anyone who might not like the change.

Then you post the same thing. ZERO sympathy for anyone who might not like this. And answers that not only dodge that but that are either hype or suggest I am the one who should just deal with it in several ways.

Here is the professional, ethical and sympathetic way to deal with it.

"Sorry to hear the change is not your cup of tea. There should be a choice so that everyone is happy"
Old 03-22-2020, 08:26 AM   #13
akademie

Amen
Old 03-28-2020, 06:34 AM   #14
imispgh

Bunches of good NINJAM updates yet still not adding option to put old interval counter view back as an option??????? Why?????????
Old 03-30-2020, 07:22 AM   #15
imispgh

Appreciate option to not have flashing and to make the counter numbers green. While I would still prefer an option for the old view I will take this.

One suggestion - since the BPI can be more or less than 16 shouldn't the choice for flashing be "mew measure" vs every 16 beats?

One more request. The dark blue status, BPM and BPI are hard to read. Can it be white or an option for white?