Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 03-19-2020, 09:02 AM   #41
dupont
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOP View Post
Solve most of the VST3 stuck notes if I add ReaControlMIDI on the midi tracks.

Thanks to Joffo78 for the hint. Post#2
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=232988
Tested with vst2 ?
dupont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 10:13 AM   #42
STOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupont View Post
Tested with vst2 ?
On my side, F3 key work on VSTi2 stuck notes on my side.

Yes ReaControlMIDI on top of VSTi2 FX chain also work on most of the stuck notes.

Windows 7/64
Reaper 6.05
M-Audio AXIOM 61 USB keyboard
Tascam 16x08
STOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 02:51 PM   #43
dupont

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOP View Post
On my side, F3 key work on VSTi2 stuck notes on my side.

Yes ReaControlMIDI on top of VSTi2 FX chain also work on most of the stuck notes.

Windows 7/64
Reaper 6.05
M-Audio AXIOM 61 USB keyboard
Tascam 16x08
OK thanks for the tip. Hope COCKOS will soon find a fix.
Old 03-20-2020, 03:30 AM   #44
vanhaze

Wondering what specific part or workings in ReaControlMIDI makes for a (partly?) solution of the note hangs.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:01 AM   #45
dupont

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhaze View Post
Wondering what specific part or workings in ReaControlMIDI makes for a (partly?) solution of the note hangs.
Only Cockos coders team knowns (or should knows) !
Old 04-14-2020, 10:13 AM   #46
Janne83

In last months my projects are mainly midi/vsti based so I unfortunatelly had to move to other software. Constantly offlining vsts to stop hangs is annoying while working.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:51 AM   #47
vanhaze

Not nice mate ..

You did try putting ReaControlMIDI plugin before an Instrument plugin on every Instrument Ttrack ? (i know: cumbersome ..)

IMO: Unbelievable that Cockos still not handed out an official statement regarding this deadly everlasting midi note hang problem for many Reaper users.
Old 04-15-2020, 12:49 AM   #48
dupont

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhaze View Post
Not nice mate ..

You did try putting ReaControlMIDI plugin before an Instrument plugin on every Instrument Ttrack ? (i know: cumbersome ..)

IMO: Unbelievable that Cockos still not handed out an official statement regarding this deadly everlasting midi note hang problem for many Reaper users.
That's the kind of bug which will ruined Reaper reputation.
I think Cockos is more focused on he audio side for guitarists who use less plugin instruments.
Old 04-15-2020, 02:58 AM   #49
vsgrt

This is why i never recommend Reaper to people who use a lot of MIDI or virtual instruments - no matter the endless eclectic possibilities through workarounds and scripting, the fundamentals are simply not there. Not when these kinds of bugs exist.

Effortless and predictable recording and playback of MIDI without bugs, issues or hangups is just the very basics of a MIDI-compatible DAW. Just as i expect predictable audio playback to be the basics of any DAW.

Right now, MIDI on Reaper is a "i have to assume this might not going to work as expected, but lets try anyway" feeling.

Opening up MIDI editor gives strange zoom behavior, recording MIDI gives stuck notes, notes get cut off when recording from project start, looping while recording gives several strange behaviors, MIDI notes get stretched through the entire clip, quantization don't work as expected etc etc. It rarely just works. I mostly stopped using MIDI with Reaper.

(sorry to be negative, just frustrated. hopefully this will be fixed! Predictable MIDI is the only thing missing from this beautiful software IMO)

edit: + MIDI recording: fix overdub duplicate notes in certain instances where input quantize is used [t=234319]

Its on!!
vsgrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:24 PM   #50
efflux

I had to abandon using Reaper because of this problem. Try using with MIDI hardware, especially older synths and Reaper is TOTALLY unusable. The problem is with Reaper because other DAWs I have used and tested do not create this issue or at least very seldomly. I have tested Reaper on Both OSX and Linux with different hardware and it's the same.

I wanted to keep using Reaper but it's absolutely impossible with this problem.
efflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 12:27 PM   #51
efflux

Update from me.

I tried the latest Reaper 6.12c after having to ditch Reaper for a while because of this issue. On initial tests this version is not creating the stuck notes on hardware synths. The DX7 which was the worst culprit has no stuck notes. Hopefully this is solved because I want to continue to use Reaper.
Old 07-03-2020, 01:26 PM   #52
efflux

I spoke too soon. No stuck notes when I just play MIDI through Reaper but the minute I start transport stuck notes all over the place. I'm finished with Reaper now. Although Reaper licence is cheap, Cockos will never get another penny from me. All these new features but useless MIDI. Reaper MIDI is completely useless with this issue.