Old 09-25-2018, 01:38 PM   #1
davewah
Human being with feelings

Default QWERTY keyboard issue

Hello,

Reaper stops responding to the QWERTY keyboard at an apparently random point sometime after opening. I boot the program, open a project and all is good for a bit and then Reaper just stops responding to the QWERTY board. Reaper continues to work normally with a the mouse. If I close the program and open a word processor the QWERTY board is fine. If I Re-boot Reaper the QWERTY board works again for a bit and then doesn't. Anyone else come across this?

I'm on Windows 10 and Reaper V5.95, I'm using a keyboard with a PS2 connector and not a USB connector.

Reagards
Dave
davewah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:46 AM   #2
Eliseat

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewah View Post
Hello,

Reaper stops responding to the QWERTY keyboard at an apparently random point sometime after opening. I boot the program, open a project and all is good for a bit and then Reaper just stops responding to the QWERTY board. Reaper continues to work normally with a the mouse. If I close the program and open a word processor the QWERTY board is fine. If I Re-boot Reaper the QWERTY board works again for a bit and then doesn't. Anyone else come across this?

I'm on Windows 10 and Reaper V5.95, I'm using a keyboard with a PS2 connector and not a USB connector.

Reagards
Dave
I can't imagine a scenery were Reaper could be responsible for this. As I understand it right, a PS2 connected keyboard just gets activated from the system with the corresponding driver. Everything Reaper does is receiving those commands from the system without even recognizing how they get achieved. A PS2 keyboard is not a Midi device.

I guess there is something different going on. Maybe you have a broken cable or connector, which just shows up at a certain position of your keyboard. You should try to open notepad and write letters while moving the keyboard or cable. Make sure it doesn't stop randomly. Years ago i had the same problem with my mouse. I thought it was a driver problem, so i installed and uninstalled a hundred times till i realized it was the broken cable which did just show up randomly.

And last but not least it could be the driver of course. But as long as its a standard keyboard, windows shouldn't have a problem with that.

Hope that helped.

Greetings
Eli
Eliseat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:02 PM   #3
MCJediYoda

I also have this issue. The qwerty keyboard will randomly stop working. I usually close reaper maybe wait a few minutes. The keyboard may start working again. Sometimes I have to restart reaper a few times. I have reinstalled reaper and have a new keyboard. Anything else I can try?
MCJediYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 06:02 AM   #4
davewah

Thanks for the replies, for some reason this problem has disappeared. I'm not sure if that happened with an update or not. Eliseat...the first thing I did when Reaper stopped responding to the QWERTY board was to open Note Pad and type something. The QWERTY board would work but if I went back to Reaper it wouldn't. Strange
davewah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:37 PM   #5
barbaroja

It is happening to me right now. Has happened before and again it did. It is really annoying, I have to stop working and reset computer.
barbaroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:43 AM   #6
Fredy Akira

Default Same Issue

..definitely it's annoying. I'am using Acustica Nebula frequently, with more than 30 instances of it. Almost 15 minutes to reload a project. :-( At least twice a day it happens to me
Fredy Akira is offline   Reply With Quote