Old 08-01-2018, 11:55 AM   #1681
spk77
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouOdysseyLeif View Post
I have projects with hundreds/thousands of markers (dialogue for a video game). I'd like to create regions from the audio in between the markers, named after the marker. Essentially if I could select the items between each marker, create a region, and have that region be named after the marker... That would be amazing.

I found a script by cfillion called "Insert regions at markers and vice versa in time selection" which is really close, but it creates regions that fill the entirety of the time in between markers, and in my projects there will be empty timeline/audio at the beginning and end that I don't want.
This should hopefully do it. (Didn't test it much.)
https://stash.reaper.fm/34042/spk77_...%20markers.zip

spk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 12:41 PM   #1682
BEHOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
@BEHOLD
You are welcome !
Usually people thinks the script world is confusing for beginners, so I'm glad it helps you anyway.

Edit Cursor to the end of time selection:

Action: Go to end of time selection
I believe you've misunderstood, I'd like the script to incrementally go measure by measure, down the line, splitting a text item in my 'chord' track.

See what I'm saying? There's no real way to achieve this effect with a custom action, or... Is there?
BEHOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 05:23 PM   #1683
X-Raym

@BEHOLD
I misunderstood... or maybe you mis-explained ? :P

Your initial post clearly speak about end of time selection and not your last one.

If you want to split an item at each bar there is a split at item grid native action. just set the grid to One bar before.
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 02:00 AM   #1684
BEHOLD

Quote:
@BEHOLD
I misunderstood... or maybe you mis-explained ? :P

Your initial post clearly speak about end of time selection and not your last one.

If you want to split an item at each bar there is a split at item grid native action. just set the grid to One bar before.
Excellent! I'll give this a try!
BEHOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 03:17 PM   #1685
YouOdysseyLeif

@spk77
Wow, holy cow this is really close.

I don't need a region for each item, I'd like one region for all the items in between the markers.

What are you guys using to make the gifs? Mine always look horrible. I'll attach before and after screenshots. @X-Raym
Attached Images
File Type: png ReaperMarkersBefore_small.png (22.2 KB, 221 views)
File Type: png ReaperMarkersAndRegionsAfter_small.png (23.1 KB, 225 views)
YouOdysseyLeif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 03:21 PM   #1686
X-Raym

@YouOdysseyLeif

What you want to do is simply done with a custom action:
0. You select items

1. Native: Set time selection to items
2. Native: Create region from time selection

(action name may differ a bit, but they do exists natively)

For screenshots, I personnaly like Monosnap for quick uploading and annotations.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:23 PM   #1687
YouOdysseyLeif

@X-Raym

I have a custom action like that, but with hundreds or thousands of markers I have to do that a thousand times, and it doesn't name the region, so I have to manually enter the marker name into the region name.

I'd like to run a script that did what I showed in my screenshots, but for every marker in a file, automatically naming the region after the marker. Maybe I'm not describing it well...

I've been trying, but I haven't quite got my head around the scripting.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:45 AM   #1688
X-Raym

@YouOdysseyLeaf
I think I got it.

It is in fact closer to the SWS action to create region from marker. It extend markers untill the next markers (preserving names and color)(but it doesn't snap on items, just on markers)
If your items are snapped to marker start and your last item end is snap to next marker, it will work.

Else you indeed need a custom script, maybe spk77 is on it ? :P
Old 08-03-2018, 06:07 AM   #1689
spk77

Quote:
@spk77
Wow, holy cow this is really close.

I don't need a region for each item, I'd like one region for all the items in between the markers.

What are you guys using to make the gifs? Mine always look horrible. I'll attach before and after screenshots. @X-Raym
I'm using LICEcap: https://www.cockos.com/licecap/

Quote:
Else you indeed need a custom script, maybe spk77 is on it ? :P
Yes, I'll try to fix it It will be much more complex because there are items on multiple tracks...
Old 08-03-2018, 12:21 PM   #1690
YouOdysseyLeif

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk77 View Post
I'm using LICEcap: https://www.cockos.com/licecap/

Yes, I'll try to fix it It will be much more complex because there are items on multiple tracks...
I haven't coded in... 16 years, so I'm a bit fuzzy. I've been trying to copy what @spk77 made, but instead of having it count media items, I thought perhaps I could:
1) count markers, then for each marker get it's position & name,
2) get the next markers position
3) create a time selection in between those two positions
4) select all the items in the time selection
5) set a new time selection based on selected items, and then

6) Add a new region from the time selection using the name I grabbed.
repeat until all markers have been gone through...

[Edit] - I've got it almost working, but for some reason it only will do 289 regions/Markers (my test project has 579) and then stop.

I've attached my script, which is admittedly frankenstined together.

Last edited by YouOdysseyLeif; 08-03-2018 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Fixed an error
Old 08-03-2018, 12:31 PM   #1691
YouOdysseyLeif

Quote:
@YouOdysseyLeaf
I think I got it.

It is in fact closer to the SWS action to create region from marker. It extend markers untill the next markers (preserving names and color)(but it doesn't snap on items, just on markers)
If your items are snapped to marker start and your last item end is snap to next marker, it will work.
That is also so close... Is there a way to then go through each region and shrink it to start at the beginning of the first item within the region, and end at the end of the last item?
Old 08-03-2018, 12:45 PM   #1692
X-Raym

Quote:
Is there a way to then go through each region and shrink it to start at the beginning of the first item within the region, and end at the end of the last item?
Not as far as I know, but spk77 is on the way :P
Old 08-04-2018, 05:24 AM   #1693
spk77

@YouOdysseyLeif
Here's the fixed script - I hope it works now:

Old 08-04-2018, 11:41 AM   #1694
YouOdysseyLeif

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk77 View Post
@YouOdysseyLeif
Here's the fixed script - I hope it works now:
@spk77

This is incredible! I really appreciate this, thank you.

I can't believe how instant it is.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:11 PM   #1695
spk77

Quote:
@spk77

This is incredible! I really appreciate this, thank you.

I can't believe how instant it is.
Glad it works!
Items are collected into an array and later the array is sorted by positions to reduce looping. That's why it is quite instant.

When using native actions, it's a good practice to "wrap" them inside PreventUIRefresh -functions. It will be much faster:
Code:
reaper.PreventUIRefresh(1)
reaper.Main_OnCommand(40717, 0) -- Item: Select all items in current time selection
reaper.Main_OnCommand(40290, 0) -- Time selection: Set time selection to items
reaper.PreventUIRefresh(-1)
Old 08-21-2018, 09:44 PM   #1696
Philbo King

Default JS effect to load Drum Note Maps and Translate

I'd like to see if anyone would like to tackle this:

What I want to do is simplify drum note mapping. I've tried JS Midi Map To Key v2, but it requires building a separate translation text file for every possible combination of input to output translation. For me that would be about 21 different files, and 8 or 10 new files every time I try a new Drum VSTi.

Right now I deal with:
Alesis QSR, Roland TD3, Roland TD9 (all hardware synths),
Perfect Drummer, SMDrums, and a couple others (VSTi's).

Each has a separate, unique way to assign notes to drums. About the only thing they have in common is kick, snare & hihat.

So, I'd like to do it smarter.

The JS effect should:
- Load 2 Midi Note Map files (.txt Midi note name map, or possibly .ReaBanks files).
The first file represents the Midi input fed to the effect.
The second file represents the Midi output from the effect.

- Look for common drum note names (Kick, snare, ride, and so forth) in both files, then create a map to automatically transpose the notes from input file notes to output file notes.

- Ideally, there would be synonyms for some drums (Kick = Bass, High Tom = Rack Tom, Low Tom = Floor Tom) since note names aren't standardized AFAIK.

- Ideally, there would be groups for cymbals. Anything containing 'Hat' would be in one group, Ride in another, Crash or Splash in another.

Each cymbal group would have descriptors to narrow down the match:
Edge, Bell, Choke, plus Pedal, Open, Half for High Hat.
Again, there might be synonyms: Edge = Rim, Bell = Top

Does this sound do-able? Thanks in advance for considering it.

Last edited by Philbo King; 08-23-2018 at 11:36 AM.
Philbo King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 03:50 PM   #1697
Symphonic Cat

Default Name/rename multiple selected tracks from multi-line clipboard content

Script Request: Name/rename multiple selected tracks from multi-line clipboard content - one line per one selected track
===

So I guess the steps would go something like this:

- Get clipboard content

- Use some Lua code that searches for line breaks inside grabbed clipboard

- As I understand - it has to store these separate lines somewhere (some table or something)

- Go through that storage/table and rename each selected track with each line

===

For those wondering why it could be useful and why I need this:

I switched to Reaper not so long ago and I'm building my first template.

I want to be very descriptive when naming tracks in my projects, because it would make all kinds of operations possible/easier. (Like auto TCP/MCP layout/color based on track name, using console (and cycle actions) for searching and selecting tracks with more precision etc…)

I actually use Excel which proved to be an excellent tool for quickly and easily creating multiple track names. And I already have track-naming templates and many track names already prepared - waiting to be transferred to my Reaper template.

===

Here is an example of desired result:

- I select and copy 16 lines(rows) of text (which are track names) in Excel (or some other text editor)

- I select 16 tracks in Reaper I created, say to name 16 Kontakt midi output tracks

- I run this script (action) and it pastes each line(row) to each selected track. First line to first selected track, second line to second selected track and so on…

===

Pieces I got/collected so far that could help:

There is CF_GetClipboard() by @cffilion which gets the clipboard content.

When I use ShowConsoleMsg(clipboard) action in Reaper to test - it displays all the 16 rows from Excel (or other text editor) also in rows(lines) - I assume this means it recognizes the line breaks, which is great, otherwise all the lines would continue next to each other, right?

I already use these 2 scripts by @Xenakios https://forums.cockos.com/showpost.p...14&postcount=2 to copy multiple selected tracks names and paste them to other set of tracks - works fantastic and very useful for within Reaper. I guess this would be something like the second script (for pasting track names) but instead of using GetExtState, there is a need for some Lua code wizardry that takes clipboard from CF_GetClipboard(), splits and stores each line "somewhere" and then takes those lines one by one from "somewhere" and names the selected tracks.

My searching led me to something called gmatch…and then some storing in table or something…I really don't know Lua language or programming so…this is why I'm here.

If anyone could make this happen and bring it to life that would be great! Thanks.
Symphonic Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:37 PM   #1698
cfillion

I've just uploaded "Rename selected tracks from clipboard lines" to ReaTeam Scripts (available through ReaPack).
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:58 AM   #1699
Symphonic Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
I've just uploaded "Rename selected tracks from clipboard lines" to ReaTeam Scripts (available through ReaPack).
Now that was quick! Exactly what I was hoping for! Works perfectly!

It is the people like you that are yet another big reason for switching to Reaper. Thank you very much @cfillion!
Symphonic Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 01:47 PM   #1700
V1b3zman

Default Idea for "transform midi rhythm script" Is it doable?

Hi!
I do not know how to write script but...

It would be nice to have a script that could transform the rhythm of a selected midi item to a user defined rhythm. Ideally it would have a choice between moving notes to the specified note on positions or applying note offs and note ons to the current rhythm.
The first would be used to try different rhythms in melodic bass lines or melodies and the second would be used on static chords or bass lines to add rhythm
It could have a selector for the grid divisions and a one line “grid” to input rhythm and maybe a way to specify accented notes.
I think people like me who use midi extensively in their productions would appreciate a script like this. It would be a huge time saver when trying different rhythmic approaches to things or just coming up with a backbeat chord rhythm.
Is there a script that already does this? Or is this even possible?

thanks
V1b3zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 05:38 AM   #1701
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1b3zman View Post
Hi!
I do not know how to write script but...

It would be nice to have a script that could transform the rhythm of a selected midi item to a user defined rhythm. Ideally it would have a choice between moving notes to the specified note on positions or applying note offs and note ons to the current rhythm.
The first would be used to try different rhythms in melodic bass lines or melodies and the second would be used on static chords or bass lines to add rhythm
It could have a selector for the grid divisions and a one line “grid” to input rhythm and maybe a way to specify accented notes.
I think people like me who use midi extensively in their productions would appreciate a script like this. It would be a huge time saver when trying different rhythmic approaches to things or just coming up with a backbeat chord rhythm.
Is there a script that already does this? Or is this even possible?

thanks
Not sure if I understand correctly but this JSFX can impose 'rhythm' from one MIDI item to another:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=179340
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 10:25 AM   #1702
V1b3zman

Yes this is what I was looking for! Thanks for the reply. Is this already in the JSFX in reaper or do I need to download?
V1b3zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 10:13 PM   #1703
DreamDisease

Hi guys, I hope this is the place to throw a request in the script wishing well. I'm hoping someone can whip up a script to select takes of the same name throughout all selected items.

Say you have one long take that has long since been chopped up and lost with many other chopped up takes, it would be nice to select all the items, and context click to search and highlight all the takes that match the name selected in the first item. If no take exists with that name in one of the selected items, nothing happens in that item.

No rush! Thanks!
DreamDisease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:24 PM   #1704
X-Raym

@DreamDisease

• Script: X-Raym_Propagate items selection to all similary-named active takes on track.lua
Old 09-06-2018, 11:55 PM   #1705
SNJUK2

Default sws autocolor force

Hi. Is it possible : SWS Autocolor Force button push script?
Thanks
SNJUK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 11:32 AM   #1706
Delucci

Hello, is it possible to make a script to show all active instruments (and the possibility to make them bypassed/offline) in the project ?

Thanks in advance!
Delucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 06:22 PM   #1707
FnA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNJUK2 View Post
Hi. Is it possible : SWS Autocolor Force button push script?
Thanks
Is Force button behavior different than:
SWS: Apply auto coloring
action?

If different, I do not know the answer.
FnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 06:31 PM   #1708
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FnA View Post
Is Force button behavior different than:
SWS: Apply auto coloring
action?
The code is identical for both.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 06:50 PM   #1709
Philbo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbo King View Post

What I want to do is simplify drum note mapping. I've tried JS Midi Map To Key v2, but it requires building a separate translation text file for every possible combination of input to output translation. For me that would be about 21 different files, and 8 or 10 new files every time I try a new Drum VSTi.

Right now I deal with:
Alesis QSR, Roland TD3, Roland TD9 (all hardware synths),
Perfect Drummer, SMDrums, and a couple others (VSTi's).

Each has a separate, unique way to assign notes to drums. About the only thing they have in common is kick, snare & hihat.

So, I'd like to do it smarter.

The JS effect should:
- Load 2 Midi Note Map files (.txt Midi note name map, or possibly .ReaBanks files).
The first file represents the Midi input fed to the effect.
The second file represents the Midi output from the effect.

- Look for common drum note names (Kick, snare, ride, and so forth) in both files, then create a map to automatically transpose the notes from input file notes to output file notes.

- Ideally, there would be synonyms for some drums (Kick = Bass, High Tom = Rack Tom, Low Tom = Floor Tom) since note names aren't standardized AFAIK.

- Ideally, there would be groups for cymbals. Anything containing 'Hat' would be in one group, Ride in another, Crash or Splash in another.

Each cymbal group would have descriptors to narrow down the match:
Edge, Bell, Choke, plus Pedal, Open, Half for High Hat.
Again, there might be synonyms: Edge = Rim, Bell = Top

Does this sound do-able? Thanks in advance for considering it.

So, with the lack of response I thought I'd tackle this myself. It's my first JSFX, so it's probably not optimized too well, but I have the hard stuff done. It can find drum types, and match them up to the most similar drum from another MIDI Notes file, and map the midi notes from input file to those in an output file.

625 lines so far, 485 lines are functions. A lot of those functions are diagnostics for debugging the array handling code.

I have few bugs to work out yet. I sure learned a lot!! Especially about how to crash Reaper And how to recover.

A strange and wondrous language...

Last edited by Philbo King; 09-17-2018 at 06:57 PM.
Philbo King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:05 PM   #1710
junh1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbo King View Post

Would this suffice?

1 Perform the mapping to GM for every NEW VSTi you have.

2 Save that as a DEFAULT PRESET.
junh1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:39 AM   #1711
rothchild

Just intrigued to know if this request got blanked because it's

- too hard
- too easy
- doable already and I should know better

Or, if I've transgressed in some way in the asking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothchild View Post
I'd really like a script that finds all instances of Reinsert and hits Ping detect on them, please.

Ideally, it'd be 2 buttons.

1. To find and open all instances (to remind me what's where and any reverbs that might need bypassing)
2. Ping!
(3. Close Reinsert windows, so I can hit the space and play)
rothchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:38 PM   #1712
Philbo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by junh1024 View Post
Would this suffice?

1 Perform the mapping to GM for every NEW VSTi you have.

2 Save that as a DEFAULT PRESET.
An interesting idea, and might be OK for some VSTi kits. One problem is hardware compatibility. Roland eDrum kits have 2 hit zones, rim or head for drums (edge or bell for cymbals). GM note names do not accomodate this; it has notes like Ride 1 and Ride 2, with no indication of which is edge and which is bell. That opens the possibility of mis-mapping.

Of course the same problem cropped up in my JSFX program. I had to play these various notes on a GM hardware synth and listen to determine a default mapping for those notes.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:44 PM   #1713
EpicSounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothchild View Post
Just intrigued to know if this request got blanked because it's

- too hard
- too easy
- doable already and I should know better

Or, if I've transgressed in some way in the asking?
probably just overlooked, this place is pretty busy and we all have lives and interests outside of it. I hope no one here making scripts feels like they are obliged to answer every request.

I'm not a scripter but I think finding and showing all instances of ReaInsert should be possible, but I'm pretty sure pinging them all at once isn't. There aren't API hooks for ReaInsert specifically.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:46 AM   #1714
rothchild

Thanks Epicsounds,

I didn't mean that post to be quite so 'but what about meeeee!!!?' as it kind of came out, was just keen to find if this is even doable. (I'm still exploring Reaper's Byzantine possibilities)

I'd settle for finding and opening them all (can hit the ping button myself - which may not be an issue, as for some of the outboard I have to set it to bypass before pinging anyway).

So a simple 'find and open all instances of X' would be a great script, if possible, please. If X was configurable then this could be of use to lots more folk, I guess.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:03 PM   #1715
mpl

Triggering ping is not possible from ReaScript. But yeah you can float all ReaInsert instances:

Code:
name = 'reainsert'

for i = 1, reaper.CountTracks(0) do
  local track = reaper.GetTrack(0,i-1)
  for fx = 1 ,  reaper.TrackFX_GetCount( track ) do
    local retval, buf = reaper.TrackFX_GetFXName( track, fx-1, '' )
    if buf:lower():match(name:lower()) then reaper.TrackFX_SetOpen( track, fx-1, true ) end
  end
end
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 02:17 PM   #1716
strachupl

Hi, would it be even possible to trigger lets say C3 or c4 note on preset change in vsti plugin?

So lets imagine it looks like we have checkbox for choosing note triggered and on/off bitton.
strachupl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:02 AM   #1717
rothchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
Triggering ping is not possible from ReaScript. But yeah you can float all ReaInsert instances:

Code:
name = 'reainsert'

for i = 1, reaper.CountTracks(0) do
  local track = reaper.GetTrack(0,i-1)
  for fx = 1 ,  reaper.TrackFX_GetCount( track ) do
    local retval, buf = reaper.TrackFX_GetFXName( track, fx-1, '' )
    if buf:lower():match(name:lower()) then reaper.TrackFX_SetOpen( track, fx-1, true ) end
  end
end
Brilliant, thanks MPL.

(edit: I've mad a small donation to your paypal, thanks again)

Last edited by rothchild; 09-23-2018 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-29-2018, 12:26 AM   #1718
mirceablue

Default Help with some custom script :)

Hello guys. I'll try to explain you what I try to achieve maybe some of you can help me. I've searched the forums and the existing scripts but couldn't find something that helps.

I would like to use a lyrics organizer phone app (Band Helper) to control the play cursor position in Reaper in order to play click track, light show, projections, patch changes pre-programmed in Reaper.

Band Helper app can send midi Program Change messages from everysong via rtpMidi in Reaper.

The problem is that I could't find a script or something that moves the play-cursor at programmed Program Change messages.

Maybe someone involved in scripting could help me

I will be glad to make some donation for your help.

Thank you.
mirceablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:12 AM   #1719
Trancit

Please could anybody make such a script (if this is possible)???:

In Reaper (and most other DAW`s) there is no way to mixdown/render multiple clips from different tracks into one single audio file (with different options to include existing fx), put the rendered audio file in place and mute the previous selected clips...

In Reaper there are thousand ways to some kind render in place with muting the originals but selecting multiple clips on different tracks results with every method in multiple rendered clips... no way to mixdown in one clip, which is very handy to make breaks, sound FX etc out of an existing section respectfully a selection of present clips...

The only DAW´s I know, doing this "right" are Cubase (render in place)and FL Studio´s new "Consolidate playlist selection"

Both DAWs offering different methods to include insert/send/master fx into the new file...

I want to have mostly insert/group(bus) and send fx included, what makes it impossible to group the selected clips together into a new group and render this to a new track...

With custom actions you can come quite close but only for the first half of the needed action...
This is what I tried up to now after selecting the clips I want to mixdown:

Quote:
Script: X-Raym_Select only tracks of selected items.lua
Track: Solo tracks
Time selection: Remove time selection
SWS: Set time selection to selected items (skip if time selection exists)
SWS: Disable master FX
File: Render project to disk...
This custom actions needs now manually

-to adjust the render settings (Source/Bounds/target/add rendered items to new tracks...etc...), respectfully closing this nerving render window

-unbypass the master fx

-unsolo the soloed tracks

-mute the previous selected clips instead

Because there is no way of automating the render dialog (and everything else creates seperate files for each selected track) I am stuck with what I got now with this custom action

Of course it´s all possible to do manually... but this is Reaper, isn´t it???
I saw already many threads on this topic from the last 10 years, but somehow it´s still status quo...

Perhaps some gifted person could help me out here...
Thx anyway for reading.
Trancit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 06:51 PM   #1720
Steviebone

I need a script to set the visibility of vol, pan and mute automation on selected tracks. Not a toggle, but one script to show the three lanes and another to hide them. Thanks in advance for any assistance, it is GREATLY appreciated.
Steviebone is offline   Reply With Quote