Old 03-04-2017, 02:06 PM   #1
levets
Human being with feelings

Default Can any Themer do this?

I have learned that controls from something like an FX window can be included in your TCP as knobs.

For example, in ReaControlMIDI, there is an option to show various items on the TCP.

I'm attaching 3 images (can't seem to do them inline).

The first is my plain TCP.

The second shows the TCP with the MSB, LSB, and PC controls shown *as knobs* in the TCP.

The obvious problems here are, it takes 3 moves of those knobs to pick a sound and it's not easy to zero them in on a specific value. Furthermore, you have to *know all the numbers* for you banks and programs!

The third image shows ReaControlMIDI set up with a reabanks patch script.

I'm assuming the knobs you can show in the TCP are just sending raw values, not necessarily what's reflected in the display in RCM.

But, could someone make it so the Pull Down Menus in RCM show in the TCP in place of the little Knobs?

They certainly work from RCM (these are used to control external synths BTW).

While there are two - Bank Select (which sends MSB and LSB numbers) and Patch (PC number), I believe it's possible to edit a reabank file so that it's just one giant list rather than separate banks.

IOW, it would be one long list that sends all three of the MSB, LSB, and PC numbers with each selection.

Even if a Pull down menu could be placed in the TCP that "calls to" (or mirrors) the two pull down menus for bank select and patch, that would be huge step in the right direction.

Right now one has to open (and potentially close and/or open one for another track) an FX window to get to these pull down menus.

Having them on the TCP would at least eliminate that step (or multiples thereof for multiple tracks).

A single list reabank could potentially reduce it to just one menu needed.

but another option would be to have a sub-menu, just like when choose an output then the MIDI channel.

You could have one pull down on the TCP that essentially calls to/mirrors the Bank Select menu on ReaControlMIDI, then a sub-menu within that menu that allows you to pick the Patch.

I see this feature has been requested a number of times in various threads (Select sounds from TCP). From what I gather, this doesn't seem to be a priority for the developers but maybe it's possible for a themer to do it?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2017-03-04 at 3.51.49 PM.png (15.5 KB, 394 views)
File Type: png Screen shot 2017-03-04 at 3.52.18 PM.png (18.2 KB, 290 views)
File Type: png Screen shot 2017-03-04 at 3.52.29 PM.png (27.5 KB, 305 views)
levets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 11:49 PM   #2
cubic13

The only controls available in the TCP, beside the predefined ones, are visible as fxparms and strictly the ones available in an FX setted as an insert.

So, it's sadly not possible to fuse two parameters (MSB and LSB in this case) in one or to make a custom control such as a pull down menu for this kind of task.
cubic13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:55 PM   #3
levets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubic13 View Post
The only controls available in the TCP, beside the predefined ones, are visible as fxparms and strictly the ones available in an FX setted as an insert.

So, it's sadly not possible to fuse two parameters (MSB and LSB in this case) in one or to make a custom control such as a pull down menu for this kind of task.
Thank you. That answers that.
levets is offline   Reply With Quote