Old 04-12-2019, 03:56 AM   #1
Zealotron
Human being with feelings

Default Melodyne after latest update

The way I used to work with Melodyne was to put the effect into each clip I was working on - verse or chorus say. This worked well for me. After the latest update this has now become unstable. When I use the cutting tool, the place I'm working on seems to often change from where I was using the selection tool. I have to scroll down to find the audio, sometimes not finding it at as all. Also, Reaper frequently crashes when editing using Melodyne. Anybody else experiencing similar issues?

The upside is that I've got into using Reatune more and actually getting better results - however, there is an annoying bug where the tracking button keeps re-enabling itself when I resize the window. Also, I have to have a long trail off at the end of the take as Reatune seems to randomly cut the end of the take off if my audio is cropped to end of the take.
Zealotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:16 AM   #2
heda

Search for "enable ARA" in preferences and disable it. Restart and it will work as before. Slower but safer.
I am sure ARA method will improve.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:35 AM   #3
Jae.Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealotron View Post
The way I used to work with Melodyne was to put the effect into each clip I was working on - verse or chorus say. This worked well for me. After the latest update this has now become unstable. When I use the cutting tool, the place I'm working on seems to often change from where I was using the selection tool. I have to scroll down to find the audio, sometimes not finding it at as all. Also, Reaper frequently crashes when editing using Melodyne. Anybody else experiencing similar issues?

The upside is that I've got into using Reatune more and actually getting better results - however, there is an annoying bug where the tracking button keeps re-enabling itself when I resize the window. Also, I have to have a long trail off at the end of the take as Reatune seems to randomly cut the end of the take off if my audio is cropped to end of the take.
is this in a pre release or an official release? Which one?
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote