Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 04-12-2016, 06:49 PM   #1
tyoung13
Human being with feelings

Default creating a stereo reverb track

Folks, I'm starting to wonder if my process for creating stereo reverb tracks (using Reverbate) is correct.

Here's my usual scenario: For a community wind ensemble I record, I create a couple of tracks with a stereo pair of mics ... tracks 1 and 2. For safety's sake I record the entire live concert (50-60 minutes, typically) to two tracks .. one left, one right.

When I get home and back to my lil project studio, I open up the project and then create a third track ("VERB") which gets its input from all other tracks' sends. Enabling Reverbate as FX on the "VERB" track (track 3), I then record track 3 to have it create a stereo reverb track based on the sends from the L/R pair in tracks 1/2.

This seems to do what I want it to do, but it seems to me that after I'm done recording the verb track (i.e. where my intention is to have recorded the output of the FX into its own [stereo] track ...) I'd want to turn *off* the FX on track 3 so that I'm not adding reverb to the reverb track.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks
ty
tyoung13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:12 PM   #2
Mike Raine
Human being with feelings

No, you're not missing anything there. If that's the method yo use, once you've recorded the reverb track, you should mute the reverb fx.

However, I'm not sure why you want to record a reverb track.

Why not either give each if track 1 and 2 its own reverb, and render that. Or create a send to a third track on which you put the reverb as an FX, adjust to taste and render all of that?
Mike Raine is offline   Reply With Quote