Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 04-29-2016, 11:39 PM   #1
Stratman959
Human being with feelings

Default Recording/Rendering with Mixer FX Help?

How's it going everyone? I was wondering if anyone here could help me out with a problem. I've hooked up my Yamaha MG12XU mixer to my computer via USB, and I've set it as my ASIO driver under preferences to record my tracks on REAPER. Everything works and sounds great, but the issue I have is that the FX that I'm using on my mixer do not show up when I render my song. The FX Return channel on my mixer is on, and I'm able to monitor it while I play because my headphones are plugged into the mixer. I'm not great with this engineering stuff; I'm definitely a beginner, so could anyone help me out? I'm guessing it has something to do with sends/routing, but I'm not entirely sure how most of that stuff works. I also have a Tascam US-2000 audio interface, but I'm recording with the mixer as my interface, so I believe the problem doesn't lie there. Everything works great except for getting the FX Return channel on my mixer to show up in the final mix when rendered. Please let me know if you can help, and please let me know if I can clarify anything!
Stratman959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 12:52 AM   #2
4x4uk
Human being with feelings

That sounds like the routing set up in the mixer. It the USB out from the mixer is pretty the auxiliary sends the the effects. You will need to check in the mixer manual and sexy if it can be switched to usb out post fx / post auxiliary sends
4x4uk is offline   Reply With Quote