Old 07-23-2020, 12:35 PM   #1
Naji
Human being with feelings

Default I am 64 like my interface Blues

https://voca.ro/dwbPl3W3vsE Wrong title gotta make a new one called 2048

Last edited by Naji; 07-23-2020 at 01:05 PM.
Naji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 08:16 PM   #2
RDBOIS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naji View Post
https://voca.ro/dwbPl3W3vsE Wrong title gotta make a new one called 2048
If I was a robot I would probably like this song. If I was a human augmented with technology (eg Elon Musk NWO buSINess plan) perhaps I would like this song.

But, as a human, these sounds are far removed from my capacity to enjoy as music.

Good luck
RDBOIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 09:18 PM   #3
Naji

Really? It's the best song, I ever composed and performed, Well, blues ain't hip any more. At least it provokes some emotions, doesn't matter whether good or bad, so it's kinda original, I am on the right track

Last edited by Naji; 07-26-2020 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:22 PM   #4
enroe

I must say that this is at least unusual and upspaced!
Jungle-like drums with rocking guitar tones and scat
vocals and vocal phrases.

In this respect: It's funny. I enjoyed it!
Old 07-27-2020, 01:25 PM   #5
karbomusic

Quote:
Really? It's the best song, I ever composed and performed, Well, blues ain't hip any more. At least it provokes some emotions, doesn't matter whether good or bad, so it's kinda original, I am on the right track
Actually, I enjoy stuff that doesn't sound like what everyone else has already done a million times, and since so many of us naturally tend to chase the past, expect fresh ideas to be received in with that expectation.
Old 07-27-2020, 04:54 PM   #6
Kihoalu

Interessstink!

It would have fit nicely into the psychedelic radio show I did on KKUP a few weeks ago. I did do some Tame Impala on that show and did not get much response from the ageing hippies that normally listen to that station. (Just as Karbo would have predicted, I suppose)

Question: what happened to 128, did it get lost in the powers...?

Old 07-27-2020, 08:16 PM   #7
Naji

I did not want to win a grammy with this song haha. But thanks. Also I have a new interface, I still have to get used to it. It's a german interface, so everything tends to sound more german. If someone said that before I experienced three different interfaces, I d say very strange. I started music with old school blues btw and I am very sensitive to new things and I believe that even gear has something like a soul, in any case gear was made from people that have a specific knowledge, they come from a specific area of planet earth and so on and that spirit is also in gear. I felt this when I once played a pretty expensive in german bavaria made nylon string guitar. I must have a spanish guitar for sure. Can not say whether it's also a psychological thing. Gear and instruments have character!
I made this song because I solved a pc problem and could all of a sudden even track with buffer size 64. My old's interface was actually mostly 320 and 1024 when mixing. A drum machine, distorted gzurar and not bluesy at all vocals, yeah it's kinda funny. And I tested the demo of Eventide's 19 USd plugin on vocals

Last edited by Naji; 07-27-2020 at 10:07 PM.
Old 07-29-2020, 08:20 AM   #8
Softsynth

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Actually, I enjoy stuff that doesn't sound like what everyone else has already done a million times, and since so many of us naturally tend to chase the past, expect fresh ideas to be received in with that expectation.
Agreed. I will add that if you are going to pull a Trout Mask Replica you had best prove your playing chops first and that you can create some more digestible melodic material to at least suggest the difficult stuff is really coming from a super creative place, rather than, um, somewhere else!
Softsynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:31 AM   #9
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softsynth View Post
Agreed. I will add that if you are going to pull a Trout Mask Replica you had best prove your playing chops first and that you can create some more digestible melodic material to at least suggest the difficult stuff is really coming from a super creative place, rather than, um, somewhere else!
Well Capt. B didn't do that.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:07 AM   #10
Softsynth

Quote:
Well Capt. B didn't do that.
Exactly, he tried to go more conventional/commercial afterwards and it didn't work.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:41 AM   #11
karbomusic

Quote:
Exactly, he tried to go more conventional/commercial afterwards and it didn't work.
I wasn't sure he actually had an in-pitch or on-time note in his body. That's another subject, just a personal observation. I was telling a friend the other day though that merely existing can be considered art.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:50 PM   #12
Softsynth

Quote:
I wasn't sure he actually had an in-pitch or on-time note in his body. That's another subject, just a personal observation.
Well, there is that!

Quote:
I was telling a friend the other day though that merely existing can be considered art.
Lucky (or not) anyway.
Old 07-30-2020, 09:49 PM   #13
Glennbo

Definitely different! It's out there at the perimeter.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 07:04 AM   #14
DrGed

I'm 64, but only for another 8 days.

This track has to be the most "far out" reminder of my age that I've ever had!
DrGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 07:07 AM   #15
Fex

Quote:
Needs compression. :|
Fex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 07:08 AM   #16
Fex

I'm joking.

I listened to this a few days ago, with no idea what to expect. I didn't like it.
Quote:
I couldn't agree more. That doesn't mean that I can necessarily enjoy much of the music that isn't made to the formula.
Quote:
I did not want to win a grammy with this song haha. But thanks. Also I have a new interface, I still have to get used to it. It's a german interface, so everything tends to sound more german.
ROFLMAO, as they say in Germany.
Quote:
At least it provokes some emotions, doesn't matter whether good or bad, so it's kinda original, I am on the right track
Interesting attitude. Expect a lot of negative reaction. Keep a thick skin.
Quote:
Great advice. However....

Every punk instinct in my body is screaming "Bollocks!"

Naji, on second listen (with expectations this time), this is, in so many ways, just superb. I even enjoyed it. I mean, I'm glad it's short, and I'll probably never listen to it again.... but so what?

I think you might have utterly mastered the art of not, fundamentally, giving a f*ck, and that's some really imprtant sh*t right there. It takes some of us wannabees decades to learn. Some people are just born with it. Many of those people are assholes.

Oh yeah, it's kinda in tune, in time, and reasonably well balanced, which is nice.

Keep doing what you're doing.
Fex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 12:02 PM   #17
Softsynth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fex View Post
I'm joking.

I listened to this a few days ago, with no idea what to expect. I didn't like it.I couldn't agree more. That doesn't mean that I can necessarily enjoy much of the music that isn't made to the formula.ROFLMAO, as they say in Germany.Interesting attitude. Expect a lot of negative reaction. Keep a thick skin.Great advice. However....

Every punk instinct in my body is screaming "Bollocks!"

Naji, on second listen (with expectations this time), this is, in so many ways, just superb. I even enjoyed it. I mean, I'm glad it's short, and I'll probably never listen to it again.... but so what?

I think you might have utterly mastered the art of not, fundamentally, giving a f*ck, and that's some really imprtant sh*t right there. It takes some of us wannabees decades to learn. Some people are just born with it. Many of those people are assholes.

Oh yeah, it's kinda in tune, in time, and reasonably well balanced, which is nice.

Keep doing what you're doing.
Nevermind the bollocks - or the assholes for that matter!

I listened a few times Naj. Weirdly interesting. Certainly off the wall but an oddly compelling listen.
Old 08-03-2020, 11:00 AM   #18
Naji

@ thanks Fex
As for my attitude, I most of the time get in a bad mood when listening to Beethoven and also when listening to Hendrix, the latter because of his often times too loud sound, so that I can not exactly hear what Mitch plays and also because of his depressive lyrics. But somehow I like both of them haha
Old 08-10-2020, 05:55 PM   #19
Time Waster

I must be a robot, because I liked it.