Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 07-30-2020, 08:23 PM   #1
RDBOIS
Banned

Default Rainbow Gathering - Work in Progress - Yes/No?

Hi all

I have been to a few Rainbow Gatherings. I thought I should write a song about my experiences.

Half way through, my song was started to suck - was not really going where I wanted it to go. Has this ever happened to you?

So, I stopped working on it for 6 months+++. Just got back to it today and thought I would create a really quick dirty mix to get some feedback.

Please do not critique the mix. I simply tossed what I had into a mix with no regards to blending the tracks.

This is a Work In Progress (WIP) or not.

As such, I am tossing this WIP into the Reaper forum to learn from you if this project is a GO or NO GO?!

What say you? Potential or not in this WIP?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BL5...ew?usp=sharing

Note: I have many other songs in the pipeline. I do not really need this project unless it has value - questioning...

Thanks
Merci

Last edited by RDBOIS; 07-30-2020 at 08:33 PM.
RDBOIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:02 PM   #2
Fex
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDBOIS View Post
GO or NO GO?!
GO!
Fex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:22 PM   #3
Fex

Or, maybe stop.... If your heart's not in it, maybe you should let the stems loose in the wild, and see what others can do with it. Perhaps that would be more in keeping with the spirit of the thing anyway. Either way, it does not belong in the bin.

http://ccmixter.org
Fex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:25 PM   #4
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDBOIS View Post
Hi all

I have been to a few Rainbow Gatherings. I thought I should write a song about my experiences.

Half way through, my song was started to suck - was not really going where I wanted it to go. Has this ever happened to you?
That happens to me on about one out of ten projects. Sometimes I go back and get inspired to finish and take them somewhere completely new, others never get another note recorded.

Quote:
So, I stopped working on it for 6 months+++. Just got back to it today and thought I would create a really quick dirty mix to get some feedback.

Please do not critique the mix. I simply tossed what I had into a mix with no regards to blending the tracks.

This is a Work In Progress (WIP) or not.

As such, I am tossing this WIP into the Reaper forum to learn from you if this project is a GO or NO GO?!

What say you? Potential or not in this WIP?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BL5...ew?usp=sharing

Note: I have many other songs in the pipeline. I do not really need this project unless it has value - questioning...

Thanks
Merci
I like it! Especially when it gets into the groove at 0:50, and I really the change at 1:11. Sounds mystical for a bit and then comes back. Definitely you should finish this one!
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 08:34 PM   #5
RDBOIS
Banned

Thank you brothers of the mysteries of Creation and of the subtleties of the communication of subtle energies.

You motivate me.
RDBOIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 02:45 PM   #6
Naji

I like it a lot. Well not every song has to be 4 or more minutes, but I think it would be worth accomplishing it
Naji is offline   Reply With Quote