Old 07-09-2020, 10:31 PM   #1
lonnie sharpe
Human being with feelings

Default Looping audio

Seems the only way to loop audio is installing the plugin which I have done. How do I activate this now? Installed it inside Reaper but yeah. Kind of bewilders me why such a simple function as looping an audio files would require an additional plugin but hey.

How do I make a group of files in a track merge together without gaps so I don't have to inefficiently drag each file to the edge of the next one?
lonnie sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 11:15 PM   #2
Pink Wool

Hmmm... if your talking about looping the item you have (recorded, imported or MIDI), just left click and drag it out to the right and it will loop natively.

This can be turned on or off in Options->Preferences->Project->Media Item Defaults

If you're talking about looping (as in recoding a loop) then there's super8 looper in Reaper that can do this...

Edit: But all these questions you're having could be answered by the User Guide

http://reaper.fm/userguide.php

And I don't mean this like asking questions is bad in any way. I just noticed you have a lot of basic questions and I think the UG could help you from pulling your hair out.

Edit edit: Also, you can use grouping for moving items "synced". Make sure grouping is enabled (there's an icon for it on the toolbar) and all items selected (that you want grouped). Right click and under Group select Group items. Now they move all in a group.

You can also you gluing to glue all the items you want as one item (on a track). Select all items and right click and select Glue items. Note! This will not add fadeins or fadeouts to the items. I'm assuming from your previous posts you're doing some beat sampling. So you might want small fadeouts and fadeins in your items in order to avoid clicks. This gluing can be found in the

Actions->Item: Glue items, ignoring time selection, including leading fade-in and trailing fade-out

Setting up shortcuts will help your life tremendously.

Last edited by Pink Wool; 07-09-2020 at 11:36 PM.
Pink Wool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 11:21 PM   #3
numberthirty

Ok...

Your description is a little vague. Are you talking about something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4sL8EbIgJ8
numberthirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 11:23 PM   #4
numberthirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Wool View Post
Hmmm... if your talking about looping the item you have (recorded, imported or MIDI), just left click and drag it out to the right and it will loop natively.

This can be turned on or off in Options->Preferences->Project->Media Item Defaults

If you're talking about looping (as in recoding a loop) then there's super8 looper in Reaper that can do this...

Edit: But all these questions you're having could be answered by the User Guide

http://reaper.fm/userguide.php

And I don't mean this like asking questions is bad in any way. I just noticed you have a lot of basic questions and I think the UG could help you from pulling your hair out.
In addition to the user guide, a lot of the "Reaper..." YouTube videos out there may do a better job a quickly laying the mechanics out.
Old 07-10-2020, 05:33 AM   #5
Fex

Short version -

Right click on item > Glue items
It might seem a little strange to glue an item to itself; what it does is to make a new copy, excluding any data before and after the item edges.

Left click the edge and drag to loop the item.

See also "Copy loop of selected area of aelected area of items", which puts a loopable version in your clipbpard without the need to glue the original.

And yeah, RTFM!
Fex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 08:55 PM   #6
lonnie sharpe

yeah thanks Flex IWRTGM lol its going good now. Just wanted the basic underway before I delve into more complex issues. From here I am good.
lonnie sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 07:05 PM   #7
numberthirty

In the interest of not really bumping a bunch of threads, I thought I would post a pretty solid Reaper tip that goes into the details of a pathway to being able to get things working in the quickest fashion possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx-nQqCAWDI