Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 07-25-2022, 03:28 AM   #161
Sarasota_FOH
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlessmajor7 View Post
Wow finally! Which one is the latest? what's the difference between the two? THANK YOU SO MUCH! YOU SAVED ME!!!
They're both the latest... The difference is the position of the TCP FX box (choose your preference).
Sarasota_FOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 06:47 AM   #162
Bombs'n'Away

Awesome theme, thanks a lot!
One question though: How can I let tracks with multichannel output VSTis have the standard track MCP layout, too?

A track with a 32-out VSTi on it takes a quarter of my MCP real estate... When I reduce the number of output sends, the track shrinks accordingly in the MCP. Weird.
Bombs'n'Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 09:57 AM   #163
nepenthe

You doing ok over there Sol?
nepenthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 03:38 PM   #164
glenn98827

Thanks for this good theme. So far its been the closest to what I am looking for visually. There is one thing that I would love to find out how to change. The small fader icon that is used for the I/o window and for many reaper / jsfx plugins is difficult to see when the plugin window is light. I'd love to change the icon to be what it is, but with a black line in the middle, so I can see in on both the light and dark backgrounds. I'm of course assuming this is the same icon used for both.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 5.28.22 PM.png (228.7 KB, 180 views)
glenn98827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 05:48 AM   #165
Ideosound

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn98827 View Post
Thanks for this good theme. So far its been the closest to what I am looking for visually. There is one thing that I would love to find out how to change. The small fader icon that is used for the I/o window and for many reaper / jsfx plugins is difficult to see when the plugin window is light. I'd love to change the icon to be what it is, but with a black line in the middle, so I can see in on both the light and dark backgrounds. I'm of course assuming this is the same icon used for both.
Looks like you are on a mac, why don't you just turn on dark mode for Reaper?

Preferences-general-advanced UI/system tweaks-check tick box for allow dark mode. Looks a lot better having everything dark than some light and some dark IMO.
Ideosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 04:21 PM   #166
Venn

I've always liked this theme but could never figure out how to adjust the text colour for routing.

This is what it looks like.

https://i.imgur.com/Ahlit6G.png

Is there a way to change the text / contrast on this panel?
Venn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 06:13 PM   #167
DaniloVillanova

It's been a while since Sol posted, I hope he's ok.
DaniloVillanova is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 08:54 PM   #168
nait

Jeez, this is a nice theme. I've been using Smooth 6 for a while, and then a modded version of that someone did Smooth_6_Windows_Dark. I haven't found anything that looks as nice as that. This is a close one. Not sure just yet if I'll switch, but it looks good!
My Rig (also serves as my gaming PC): MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk Mobo, Ryzen R9 3900X, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Evo 500gb NVMe, Crucial 1TB NVMe, NVidia RTX 2080 Super, Arturia Minifuse 2, Nektar Impact LX25+ MIDI Controller Keyboard.
nait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 01:49 AM   #169
Ideosound

Quote:
Originally Posted by nait View Post
Jeez, this is a nice theme. I've been using Smooth 6 for a while, and then a modded version of that someone did Smooth_6_Windows_Dark. I haven't found anything that looks as nice as that. This is a close one. Not sure just yet if I'll switch, but it looks good!
This is me too, I'm still on a Modded Smooth 6, if I could make Neptune have more colour in the track TCP area, IE tracks show full colour rather than the tiny end left section then it would be easier to use and navigate. The colour just makes it easier to organise tracks, and there isn't quite enough in this theme for me personally. I like the dark nature and it is smart, but it feels a little too dark with not enough contrast for long term use on big track count projects. However it is still great but that would be my only contribution. I hope Sol is ok however as he doesn't seem to have posted in a while.

Smooth 6:

Neptune:
Old 12-15-2022, 07:44 AM   #170
nait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ideosound View Post
This is me too, I'm still on a Modded Smooth 6, if I could make Neptune have more colour in the track TCP area, IE tracks show full colour rather than the tiny end left section then it would be easier to use and navigate. The colour just makes it easier to organise tracks, and there isn't quite enough in this theme for me personally. I like the dark nature and it is smart, but it feels a little too dark with not enough contrast for long term use on big track count projects. However it is still great but that would be my only contribution. I hope Sol is ok however as he doesn't seem to have posted in a while.

Re: Neptune..

Did you try changing the layout of the TCP?
Options->Layouts->Track Panel->Change to A or B for more color?

Of course, you lose the meter in the track though. But I noticed "150% C" has the meter and full colors on the bar, but it doesn't look good on my screen.

Maybe a combo of playing with the layout and the theme adjuster will get what you want though!
Here's a screenshot:
https://i.imgur.com/WPJycTf.png

Oh yeah, there we go.. with Layout A on, I just went in the Theme Adjuster, under Track Control Panel tab, turned meter location to left, and bumped size to 80. Looks not bad.

The colors are fairly dim though, no matter what (except the very far left), but this helps. Overall this is a really nice looking theme.

BTW, all this time with track layouts available, and this is the first time I've actually gone in and tweaked the layout. I've used the theme adjuster before, but I didn't actually know you had to go into the layout thing in the menu too. LOL!

Edit: man, I'm kicking myself here. I never really fully explored layouts, or even the theme adjuster. I did a little bit in the theme adjuster, but dumb me, I didn't realize there were three different layouts that you could select elsewhere (under layouts) and you could have some parts use one layout, some use another layout.
My Rig (also serves as my gaming PC): MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk Mobo, Ryzen R9 3900X, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Evo 500gb NVMe, Crucial 1TB NVMe, NVidia RTX 2080 Super, Arturia Minifuse 2, Nektar Impact LX25+ MIDI Controller Keyboard.

Last edited by nait; 12-15-2022 at 08:43 AM.
nait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 01:04 AM   #171
Ideosound

Quote:
Originally Posted by nait View Post
Re: Neptune..

Did you try changing the layout of the TCP?
Options->Layouts->Track Panel->Change to A or B for more color?

Of course, you lose the meter in the track though. But I noticed "150% C" has the meter and full colors on the bar, but it doesn't look good on my screen.

Maybe a combo of playing with the layout and the theme adjuster will get what you want though!
Here's a screenshot:
https://i.imgur.com/WPJycTf.png

Oh yeah, there we go.. with Layout A on, I just went in the Theme Adjuster, under Track Control Panel tab, turned meter location to left, and bumped size to 80. Looks not bad.

The colors are fairly dim though, no matter what (except the very far left), but this helps. Overall this is a really nice looking theme.

BTW, all this time with track layouts available, and this is the first time I've actually gone in and tweaked the layout. I've used the theme adjuster before, but I didn't actually know you had to go into the layout thing in the menu too. LOL!

Edit: man, I'm kicking myself here. I never really fully explored layouts, or even the theme adjuster. I did a little bit in the theme adjuster, but dumb me, I didn't realize there were three different layouts that you could select elsewhere (under layouts) and you could have some parts use one layout, some use another layout.
Hi, I forgot about that thanks for mentioning to try it, I'd also made a mod of the theme which was stopping the colour from working on the whole of the TCP so tried it on the original theme version. Certainly looks brighter!
Old 12-16-2022, 02:44 AM   #172
Crojav

Default Really like the aesthetics of this theme

Thank you in the first place for the work you have done to make this Theme come to life! I really like the aesthetics of it!

You made it in the first place for yourself, so I would ask you, are you happy with the results?

And secondly I would like to thank you that you share your work with us, thank for that. It's a complex and time investing project, and to complete and finish such is more than .... <<< Thanks you!

Greeting Crojav
Crojav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 10:17 AM   #173
Sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crojav View Post
Thank you in the first place for the work you have done to make this Theme come to life! I really like the aesthetics of it!

You made it in the first place for yourself, so I would ask you, are you happy with the results?

And secondly I would like to thank you that you share your work with us, thank for that. It's a complex and time investing project, and to complete and finish such is more than .... <<< Thanks you!

Greeting Crojav
Thank you for such kind words, really glad you are enjoying it.
Old 04-11-2023, 10:17 AM   #174
Sol

Default Update

Hello, i'm back!
Neptune VI will soon receive an update with several bugfixes, changes to some icons/colors etc.

Neptune VI was downloaded 4000+ times!
Thank you to 10 people who donated!

I am also currently working on a completely new premium theme written from scratch with my own custom code, new design and cool features. (along with some additional stuff for it)
Really excited to share more in the near future!🙂
Old 04-11-2023, 11:11 AM   #175
Judders

Wow, I didn't download it but I feel like donating out of embarrassment for the 3990+ people who didn't!

Glad to hear you're still with us, hope you're surviving okay.
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 09:52 PM   #176
Sol

First post updated!

♆ Neptune VI 1.1.5

Changelog:
• Arrange View Track background color changed.
• Arrange View Selected track background color changed.
• Arrange View Track divider lines color changed.
• Arrange View Grid lines color changed.
• Arrange View Envelope divider lines color changed.
• Time Selection color changed.
• Redesigned "Mono" icons across theme.
• Redesigned Master Mixer menu button.

Last edited by Sol; 04-15-2023 at 10:06 PM.
Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 09:42 AM   #177
mykrobinson

@sol

Forgive me if this has been answered, is there a certain font requirement? noticing the track numbers in the MCP are too close to the bottom edge and appearing ever so slightly cut off

thanks!

Last edited by mykrobinson; 04-16-2023 at 09:57 AM.
mykrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 11:03 AM   #178
Sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykrobinson View Post
@sol

Forgive me if this has been answered, is there a certain font requirement? noticing the track numbers in the MCP are too close to the bottom edge and appearing ever so slightly cut off

thanks!

no font requirement, my guess your theme is set to 150% size, Neptune is currently 100%/200%.
This happens when REAPER auto stretches ui elements by itself, notice how other buttons are blurry/slightly broken in your screenshot. The only way to fix this is for me to finish 150% size🙃
Old 04-16-2023, 11:36 AM   #179
norbury brook

yes, windows users with 4k monitors tend to use the recommended setting of 150% so there are a lot of themes that don't cater for this unfortunately.The high res Mac system uses 200% hence that's what we see with a lot of themes...100 and 200% only.

on a 30 inch 4k screen 200% is just too large.

M
Old 04-16-2023, 12:30 PM   #180
mykrobinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol View Post
no font requirement, my guess your theme is set to 150% size, Neptune is currently 100%/200%.
This happens when REAPER auto stretches ui elements by itself, notice how other buttons are blurry/slightly broken in your screenshot. The only way to fix this is for me to finish 150% size🙃

Thanks for the explanation. I do have scaling in windows itself set to 150%. Seems like 200% defeats the purpose of 4K monitors, and 100% doesn't agree with my eyesight 😂

Oh well... Either way, this theme is quite beautiful!
mykrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 12:47 AM   #181
CDS

how can version 6 theme be configured to have 6 unique layouts at the same time without having to configure them every time you want them.
Old 04-30-2023, 01:15 AM   #182
UknownSource

What a beautiful theme!
Old 04-30-2023, 03:36 PM   #183
Quest The Wordsmith

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong. Why am I seeing a slider for the volume instead of a knob? I've got the track panel layout at "200%_B" and Windows is set to 150%. I've tried other values for track panel layout, but no luck. None give a volume knob like in the pictures.

Last edited by Quest The Wordsmith; 04-30-2023 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Updated image link
Quest The Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 12:52 AM   #184
mabian

The latest images, including the updated one in the original post, link directly to https://postimages.org/, so I think they don't work...

Thanks,
Mario
mabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 01:45 AM   #185
Sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quest The Wordsmith View Post
Perhaps I'm doing something wrong. Why am I seeing a slider for the volume instead of a knob? I've got the track panel layout at "200%_B" and Windows is set to 150%. I've tried other values for track panel layout, but no luck. None give a volume knob like in the pictures.

make sure you are tweaking the correct layout in theme adjuster.
Old 05-11-2023, 11:58 PM   #186
jimmydeluxe

wow-this skin gives Reaper the sexiest GUI alive-kudos! better to me than bitwig which was my fav-inspiring thanks

love fx on the right as well
Old 05-15-2023, 12:04 PM   #187
Gaia

Wow

it's so beautiful
but
Quote:
Separate download with FX Slots moved to the right side of TCP. (If you work mainly/exclusively in TCP like me, you will find this way more useful as a daily used feature)
there are 2 links but they are the same file ,or am I wrong?
thank you
Old 05-25-2023, 01:20 PM   #188
Mind Riot

I went to try this out but all the text is way huge, do I have something set wrong?

Very handsome theme, I like it a lot and I'd really like to get it set up right. Thanks in advance for any help.
Mind Riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 02:46 PM   #189
Tomm

Great work on this theme. A nice complete visual overhaul indeed!
Tomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 03:18 AM   #190
CodyWright

Default This theme is incredible!

One thing I would love to see implemented are spacer tracks, as well as what other themes have called "Strips". Just like in the LCS Flat 6 theme. I was able to implement them on my own but pretty clunky as I have no clue what I'm doing, there ended up being a slight border on the right of each layout A track that I can't seem to change anywhere now haha.
A professional implementation would be incredible!
CodyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 10:38 AM   #191
Jugoshin

any hopes for updates? love love love this theme
Jugoshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 07:05 AM   #192
Costas.Ch

Great looking theme! Congratulations! It became my favorite.
Costas.Ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 08:05 AM   #193
Sol

I am planning to finalize my premium theme over the coming months (initially was planned for Q3 2022 release).

As for for Neptune VI updates - can't give any time frame.
Old 12-20-2023, 01:00 AM   #194
Jugoshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol View Post
I am planning to finalize my premium theme over the coming months (initially was planned for Q3 2022 release).

As for for Neptune VI updates - can't give any time frame.
What is this premium theme? any updates or previews ?
Jugoshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 02:02 AM   #195
GwenTerroir

Great looking theme, congrats!
GwenTerroir is offline   Reply With Quote