Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 11-24-2020, 12:07 AM   #1
gvdv
Human being with feelings

Default Is There A Way to Give Folder Tracks Sequential Folder Numbers or Names?

Hi,

QUESTION 1.
If I have 3 folders - '1. Vocals', '2. Guitars', '3. Drums' - can I number or label the tracks within those folders as sub-items of the folders?

For example, can I set things up so that the two tracks in the Vocals folder are automatically generated with the labels 'Vocals 1' and 'Vocals 2' and so on (without me having to name each one myslelf)?

It would be great to have the child tracks in each folder (1) automatically take on the name of the parent folder, and to (2) have either sequential numbers or letters as part of this automatic numbering/labelling.

One of the advantages of doing things this way is that each folder can then be numbered sequentially, rather than the number being a number following the (perhaps) hidden track in the previous folder).

QUESTION 2
If this is possible for folders, could this also be done for VCAs and Busses, too?

Thanks for any replies.
gvdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 11:20 AM   #2
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvdv View Post
One of the advantages of doing things this way is that each folder can then be numbered sequentially, rather than the number being a number following the (perhaps) hidden track in the previous folder).
Tracks are numbered automatically in the order they are in the track list, you cannot change that. You can name the tracks to what you want to, but not automatically. Closest that I know of would be using actions like Xenakios/SWS: Rename selected tracks. If you select the Auto-rename multiple tracks option in there, all the renamed tracks will get a number added to their name.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 10:44 PM   #3
gvdv

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
Tracks are numbered automatically in the order they are in the track list, you cannot change that. You can name the tracks to what you want to, but not automatically. Closest that I know of would be using actions like Xenakios/SWS: Rename selected tracks. If you select the Auto-rename multiple tracks option in there, all the renamed tracks will get a number added to their name.
Thanks very much xpander.
gvdv is offline   Reply With Quote