Old 08-30-2023, 08:24 AM   #121
EpicSounds
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapio View Post
JSFX... Doesn't display anything - So either because I'm stupid or because I'm testing Reaper 7. Testing it on Master Track, you can see on screenshot there's audio...

EDIT: Will use your VERY IMPORTANT compressor, because it is very very good and very essential, in every project.
you put the JSFX on the track/master/monitor fx -- This captures the audio for the script

then run the script with same name
Old 09-01-2023, 05:15 AM   #122
Tapio

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
you put the JSFX on the track/master/monitor fx -- This captures the audio for the script

then run the script with same name
Sorry for late reply - thank you, that's the point, I didn't run the script.
Tapio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 08:42 AM   #123
gandjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdkmsk View Post
Amazing stuff. The only problem I have is with docking. I use many screensets but the plugin, doesnt seem to remember its place in each setting.
Yes I have the same (minor) gripe! Love the plugin! Wish it could be recalled with screensets.
gandjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 01:27 AM   #124
Tron

I was looking for something similar recently, then chanced across this. Thanks very much for dev'ing and sharing!
Old 11-10-2023, 02:31 AM   #125
geoslake

Hi guys and thanks to BirdBird for this amazing idea.
I properly installed the thing and all, but once docked and the js loaded it seems to work fine until i drag and drop my first audio segment onto a track, there the docked display become empty and says "please add jsfx blabla to start recording".
Any clue ?

Thanks

Last edited by geoslake; 11-10-2023 at 02:40 AM.
geoslake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM   #126
Trub00gie

Love this and already am finding many possible uses! BirdBird, I'm having the same issues as expressed before, not being able to dock properly. It seems to just dock at random between 4 of my project templates. I've moved them all up to the top dock above the ruler and 2 of them have stayed, 1 has docked in the normal docker on the bottom left and the other seems to be stuck docking to the bottom right, which I've never chosen. Saving the proper top dock within my template and screen set doesn't have any affect.

Also, I'm now having an issue where the JS plugin starts opened in my templates, when I had it closed when saved and when quit. The JS plugin in my monitor fx is not open while I'm working but when I open a template or my default/global template, it starts open.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Trub00gie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 12:27 PM   #127
elias_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdBird View Post
GLOBAL SAMPLER
The script hasn't been tested on Linux and macOS yet, if you use any of those operating systems and try out the script let me know how it goes
-

Hello! I've just tested it on Linux (Ubuntu) and it works like a charm!

Screenshot attached -- after docking it, moving it to the top and then choosing the Rainbox theme. =)

Thanks for sharing this cool plugin!
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot from 2023-11-19 20-23-56.png (35.3 KB, 108 views)
elias_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 07:18 AM   #128
captaincurrie

Default Increase the record time

There used to be a value, len_in_secs, in the source code that you could change to set how much time the global sampler actually saved (i want 5 minutes instead of a minute). Anyways, this value has disappeared in the modern version (it occurs once but has no purpose it seems).

Anyone know how change the sample time in the modern version?
captaincurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 10:52 AM   #129
Zetvue

is this still being worked on?
Old 01-03-2024, 11:10 AM   #130
Lunar Ladder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetvue View Post
is this still being worked on?
The thread title says "Alpha", but it's very usable and ready at this point (I'm always keeping it loaded in my default project, and have worked on a lot of stuff). The author also released a finished plugin version of this idea.
Lunar Ladder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 05:29 AM   #131
Kaze

Are there any downsides of putting the plugin to run on project's Monitor FX? I always had it on Master track but I wanna keep it more clean and empty on my default template.
Kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 06:06 AM   #132
JailYard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
Are there any downsides of putting the plugin to run on project's Monitor FX? I always had it on Master track but I wanna keep it more clean and empty on my default template.
I've been running it in Monitor FX for a while and haven't experienced any issues.

One minor downside is that I now need to open Monitor FX to switch off my headphone correction (as opposed to just clicking the button on the Monitor FX tab).
JailYard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 01:27 PM   #133
andreasfr

Default Waveform cleanup

I love this script to bits! It has been very stable for me - always capturing the audio.

However the visual waveform often does not clean up properly and when the record-head passes over the previous recordings the old waveform is not erased.
The audio is still captured and retrieved correctly but it's confusing that the old waveform lingers around.
Is there a setting in Reaper that could cause this? Or could this be a bug with the script?

Thanks
andreasfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 04:40 PM   #134
alienmindarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JailYard View Post
I've been running it in Monitor FX for a while and haven't experienced any issues.

One minor downside is that I now need to open Monitor FX to switch off my headphone correction (as opposed to just clicking the button on the Monitor FX tab).
If you place Global Sampler as your first Monitor Fx (or before the headphone correction) the audio being recorded in global sampler wont be affected by the correction, right?
alienmindarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 11:53 AM   #135
asidd

is it possible to change the hotkeys for scrolling/zooming/stopping etc?
asidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 01:34 PM   #136
permeke

is this mono ?, panning doesn't seem to work when I did a quick test.

Sorry my mistake, everything works

Last edited by permeke; 02-22-2024 at 05:33 AM.
permeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 03:32 PM   #137
Silent Night

I don't really have a use for this at the moment but it would be awesome if a feature to globally record system audio was implemented for easy sampling. So if for example I wanted to sample something from a YouTube video I wouldn't have to go through the download, convert, trim, import etc each time. I could just grab it from Global Sampler instead.
Silent Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 04:27 PM   #138
Alez156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Night View Post
I don't really have a use for this at the moment but it would be awesome if a feature to globally record system audio was implemented for easy sampling. So if for example I wanted to sample something from a YouTube video I wouldn't have to go through the download, convert, trim, import etc each time. I could just grab it from Global Sampler instead.
I believe this is possible using the roller sampler plugin https://www.birdsthings.com/

It's available as standalone. You could set your input to a loopback driver/virtual audio cable and it should work great!

Try the demo
Old 02-22-2024, 06:47 AM   #139
alienmindarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alez156 View Post
I believe this is possible using the roller sampler plugin https://www.birdsthings.com/

It's available as standalone. You could set your input to a loopback driver/virtual audio cable and it should work great!

Try the demo

I Totally recommend Rolling Sampler. For the desired porpose of using the audio of a youtube video (or from anything or anywhere else on your system) one could also check BirdBird's "System Audio Bridge" also on https://www.birdsthings.com/, for free! (this guy is amazing, and you as well btw Alejandro!).
alienmindarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 09:51 AM   #140
BirdBird

Just pushed a new version to ReaPack (v0.99.8.4), here is the changelog:
Code:
+ Add text to indicate whether the sampler has been paused
+ Fix stereo channels getting swapped in some cases when the display has been offset
+ Fix some bugs that happen at high samplerates
+ Fix the JSFX window showing up in some cases (fix requires REAPER v6.44 and above)
+ Fix the JSFX not initializing correctly in some cases
There is still a bug with very large selections not creating files when using the script with high samplerates, which I suspect has got to do with memory limitations in JSFX. But it will have to wait for the next update.

I will probably rewrite this script some day.
BirdBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 03:22 AM   #141
Mark1

Thanks also for the incredible compressos that comes with your pack 😂👍
Mark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 04:49 AM   #142
BirdBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1 View Post
Thanks also for the incredible compressos that comes with your pack 😂👍
You are welcome
BirdBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 12:31 PM   #143
jefftolbert

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'm unable to drag selected audio to a track. See attached video. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: It works now after a restart. Should have tried that before posting, but leaving here if anyone has a similar issue.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Global Sampler Issue.m4v.zip (369.0 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by jefftolbert; 02-23-2024 at 01:20 PM.
jefftolbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 05:54 PM   #144
abnegative

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdBird View Post
Just pushed a new version to ReaPack (v0.99.8.4), here is the changelog:
Code:
+ Add text to indicate whether the sampler has been paused
+ Fix stereo channels getting swapped in some cases when the display has been offset
+ Fix some bugs that happen at high samplerates
+ Fix the JSFX window showing up in some cases (fix requires REAPER v6.44 and above)
+ Fix the JSFX not initializing correctly in some cases
There is still a bug with very large selections not creating files when using the script with high samplerates, which I suspect has got to do with memory limitations in JSFX. But it will have to wait for the next update.

I will probably rewrite this script some day.
I looked over your code and performed some tests and I'm pretty certain you're right about JSFX memory limitations. It's not a bug. I can comfortably get 100 seconds at 48kHz.

I was looking in the code for anywhere it could be more memory-efficient. In the JSFX I see a temporary buffer had to be allocated to pass to export_buffer_to_project(). I think that was only needed to get the start and end points correct. If export_buffer_to_project() could be written to accept a segment of memory and a start and end pointer, then maybe you could save that temporary buffer and extend the max recording time a bit.
abnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 10:54 AM   #145
PitchSlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Night View Post
I use Voicemeter Banana which has a built in "tape decK."
Just hit record on whatever is playing through your main output.

I've just to try Global Sampler but finally have it setup to work with my default template/screenset.

If it doesn't already do something like this I wonder about it "pausing" recording when there's no output happening anywhere (kinda like Reaper's silence detection)? That way even if the max time is only 60s before overwriting, it would be 60s of actual sound.

The reason I put "pause" in quotes, is rather than stop recording entirely it could just loop over the same 2-5s of silence, then when audio is detected there was already be a few seconds of pre-roll recording which would make it less likely to have the start of audio cut off, or needing to start recording precisely. All it would need to do is continue recording rather than loop back to the start of the silence/idle buffer.

I have no idea if something like that could work, but seems feasible.
Old 02-27-2024, 01:40 AM   #146
abnegative

Automatically pausing on silence and resuming on sound would be perfect!
Old 02-27-2024, 08:33 PM   #147
PitchSlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnegative View Post
Yeah, I doubt the whole looping silence thing to keep recording would even be necessary, simple pause should be fine.

Btw,
I have Global Sampler as a project startup action in my default template so it's already running the moment I start Reaper, but if I close the project and it reopens the same template I get asked to terminate the script or open a second version.

I could be doing something wrong, but maybe a setting to terminate the script when closing the project would work?
Old 02-28-2024, 08:44 AM   #148
abnegative

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitchSlap View Post
Yeah, I doubt the whole looping silence thing to keep recording would even be necessary, simple pause should be fine.

Btw,
I have Global Sampler as a project startup action in my default template so it's already running the moment I start Reaper, but if I close the project and it reopens the same template I get asked to terminate the script or open a second version.

I could be doing something wrong, but maybe a setting to terminate the script when closing the project would work?
I believe you can fix that by setting the script as a global startup action instead of a project startup action.
Old 02-29-2024, 04:29 AM   #149
FeedTheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnegative View Post
+1, it would also take away that ticking time-bomb feeling of "if I don't copy it quickly it will be gone".

Something like this (Blockhead DAW):
https://youtu.be/P5fWPBOdrY8?t=759
Old 02-29-2024, 06:48 AM   #150
Vagelis

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedTheCat View Post
Something like this (Blockhead DAW):
https://youtu.be/P5fWPBOdrY8?t=759
yep yep
Vagelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 08:56 PM   #151
captaincurrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincurrie View Post
There used to be a value, len_in_secs, in the source code that
you could change to set how much time the global sampler actually
saved (i want 5 minutes instead of a minute). Anyways, this value has
disappeared in the modern version (it occurs once but has no purpose it
seems).

Anyone know how change the sample time in the modern version?
To anyone wondering about this, the value, len_in_secs,
now lives in the jsfx file. You should find it somewhere like
Effects/BirdBird ReaScript Testing/Global Sampler/BirdBird_Global Sampler.jsfx.
Change the value to the number of seconds you want (300 = 5 minutes),
restart the plugin, and done.
captaincurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 04:59 PM   #152
grandfougue

Hello Thank you already for this great script. I'm coming to you for a little help if I don't take up your time.
I'm not a coder but I'm having fun with gpt and I'm just trying to make this script work correctly to run it at the same time adding the jsfx in the master list launching global sampler and closing it together in the second stage.
My problem is that when there is no track in reaper my code refuses to insert the jsfx in the master track. However, it works as soon as a track is present in the view. Could you help me?
Here is my piece of code:

-- Script name or identifier for storing the state
local nomScript = "AlternateurScript"

-- Function to insert the FX into the master track
local function insererFX()
local nomFX = "Global Sampler"
local pisteMaster = reaper.GetMasterTrack(0)
-- Selects the master track
reaper.SetOnlyTrackSelected(pisteMaster)
-- Inserts the effect at the end of the master track's FX chain
local fxIndex = reaper.TrackFX_AddByName(pisteMaster, nomFX, false, -1)
if fxIndex >= 0 then
-- Opens the interface of the added FX
reaper.TrackFX_Show(pisteMaster, fxIndex, 3)
end
end

-- Function to remove the FX from the master track
local function supprimerFX()
local nomFX = "Global Sampler"
local pisteMaster = reaper.GetMasterTrack(0)
-- Selects the master track
reaper.SetOnlyTrackSelected(pisteMaster)
local nbFX = reaper.TrackFX_GetCount(pisteMaster)

for i = 0, nbFX-1 do
local retval, nomFXCourant = reaper.TrackFX_GetFXName(pisteMaster, i, "")
if nomFXCourant:find(nomFX) then
-- Closes the FX interface before deletion if it is open
reaper.TrackFX_Show(pisteMaster, i, 2)
reaper.TrackFX_Delete(pisteMaster, i)
break
end
end
end

-- Function to execute a specific command
local function executerCommandeSpecifique()
local commandID = reaper.NamedCommandLookup("_RSdbf64708ea8abea46b82 a08cabc050148d65176c")
reaper.Main_OnCommand(commandID, 0)
end

-- Function to close all floating FX windows and FX chains using the SWS action
local function fermerToutesFenetresFX()
local commandID = reaper.NamedCommandLookup("_S&M_WNCLS3")
reaper.Main_OnCommand(commandID, 0)
end

-- Retrieves the current state to determine which set of actions to execute
local etat = reaper.GetExtState(nomScript, "Etape")

if etat == "Etape2" then
-- Step 2: Remove the FX and execute a specific command
supprimerFX()
executerCommandeSpecifique()
-- Updates the state to execute Step 1 on the next launch
reaper.SetExtState(nomScript, "Etape", "Etape1", true)
else
-- Step 1: Insert the FX into the master track
insererFX()
-- Close all FX windows after insertion
fermerToutesFenetresFX()
-- Execute a specific command
executerCommandeSpecifique()
-- Updates the state to execute Step 2 on the next launch
reaper.SetExtState(nomScript, "Etape", "Etape2", true)
end

end
grandfougue is offline   Reply With Quote