Default SSL UF8

This looks interesting.
https://youtu.be/xsi4UsgjNKo

Will it work with Reaper?
wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 06:48 AM   #2
airon
Human being with feelings

Since it can function as a Mackie Control Universal, yes. Not all of its features however. Reaper does not have a full implementation, but just the basics.

With CSI you can really get a lot out of this unit. However with all its fun features, it is currently more geared towards Logic, Live and Studio One(and others?).

The Klinke control surface plugin might be for users of this. Or CSI.

I like to customize my setup fairly heavily, so it would be CSI for me.

With all that said, you should always talk to the SSL support folks to make sure. This is not a cheap unit.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 11:10 AM   #3
zubin

Hey, I got this a few weeks ago, here's my report so far:

I got it going using the Logic Pro (Mackie) layer, which seemed to work the smoothest right away of all the DAW options. So far I can confirm the following immediately works:

- Scribble strip display
- Volume faders
- Pan knobs
- Selection (tracks selected in Reaper become selected on UF8, tracks selected on UF8 become selected in Reaper. One thing is that hitting select on the UF8 adds tracks to the selection rather than just selects the new track you've pressed; basically as if you're holding down the 'shift' button on the Pro Tools setting)
- Automation mode selection on each track
- The nav scroll wheel and arrow keys
- The horizontal/vertical scroll with arrow keys
- Record enable per track
- Banking/scrolling tracks
- Flip mode for volume/panning (nice thing here - if you press the knob in it sets to zero, which works for pan and volume. Helpful because the dedicated 'zero' function isn't working)
- The basic soft key assignments - start, stop, record, rewind/forward (though this is moving to next markers)

Things that don't seem to be working out of the box:
- Sends
- Plugin Editing
- Nudge
- The 'fine' button for panning
- The 'clear', 'all', and 'zero' secondary function buttons
- Also, the faders seem to be slightly off in their calibration in terms of where zero is

Overall I'm pretty psyched! My main use for it is just basic volume and pan, which works beautifully and perfectly. The only significant bummer for me so far is the sends, I'd love to figure out a workaround to get those working.

One reason I ended up pulling the trigger on this is that I do get the sense that between the expansive options present in the SSL 360 software and Reaper's infinite programmability I'm gonna be able to get this to do whatever extra things I'd like. There are tons of buttons that can be assigned to keyboard sequences, so this thing will definitely become a reaper action playground.

I can also confirm that it works great in Pro Tools, and switching between the layers also works as hoped. This was another important thing for me - I switch between the two a lot and often have both open, this seemed like the best (only?) device that would allow me to move between controlling the two softwares quickly without any fear of overlap. It's lovely to be able to have reaper open but control Pro Tools with the UF8, it allows for some cool workflow options while using both softwares. I've had Pro Tools, Ableton, and Reaper open simultaneously and switching back and forth with the different layers on the UF8 is easy.

I haven't had time to dig in to CSI or Klinke, I'd be curious if anyone's had success there.
zubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 11:29 AM   #4
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubin View Post
I haven't had time to dig in to CSI or Klinke, I'd be curious if anyone's had success there.
We've got at least one more user whose starting out with CSI and the UF8 here:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....40#post2442540
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 01:41 PM   #5
drummerboy

The UF8 works quite well here with CSI.
Even got sends on faders and plugin controls working.
I‘ll upload my .zon and .mst files as a starting point for those interested tomorrow.

Best,
Frank
drummerboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 12:53 AM   #6
MixR

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
The UF8 works quite well here with CSI.
I‘ll upload my .zon and .mst files as a starting point for those interested tomorrow.

Best,
Frank
That would be wonderful, Frank! I just got one myself and if there is any way I could make my learning curve a bit lesss steep that would be amazing.
MixR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 01:35 AM   #7
drummerboy

Here's my .mst and .zon Files for the SSL UF8:
https://stash.reaper.fm/41980/UF8.mst
https://stash.reaper.fm/41981/UF8.zon

These are configured to my preference and you should probably heavily modify these to your taste.
For the Soft-Keys on the UF8 I recommend using the SSL 360 app to link them to Reaper Shortcuts.
The Send/Plugin Keys 1-8 on the lefthand side are not supported. Would have been nice but I can live without them.

You should probably choose the "Studio One" profile in SSL 360 in order for all the buttons to work right.

If anyone is using an SSL Sigma, I could share a super-badass way of controlling the Sigma-Plugin with Reaper's Faders done via a control-signal that modulates the plugin parameters. Doesn't belong in this thread, so I won't promote it any further without interest shown ;-)

Best and have fun!
Frank

Last edited by drummerboy; 05-11-2021 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Forgot to add 360 profile recommendation
Old 05-11-2021, 02:00 AM   #8
MixR

Thank you for making a start on this, zubin.I am in need of a control surface to make my transition from Pro Tools to Reaper easier and pulled the trigger on a UF8 yesterday. As a long time Pro Tools and Pro Control user these are my findings so far:
Hardware
Overall the hardware is of very good quality. However, and this is a disappointment to me, the faders do not feel that great. They are OK but I would have expected them to feel a little bit less plastic-y. As they are they are nothing special. My Pro Control has nicer faders in comparison and these do not come close to a fader of an SSL desk. Perhaps I was naive expecting anything resembling the feel of an Ultimation fader. I don't want to be harsh and am sure I will need some time getting used to the unit but my first impression is that these faders offer a pretty standard control surface feel. The distance of the faders to each other is good though - but because the Solo/Cut/SEL buttons sit in the upper half of the throw the feeling is a bit more cramped than I would like. Like I said it'll probably just take some time getting used to them.

I had been unable to find any information regarding the physical/tactile feel of the UF8 so far so thought this info (albeit very subjective) might be useful to some.

Another couple of things I am finding less than ideal are:
  1. the feel and noise of the big wheel. It feels plastic-y and makes an unduly loud noise when turned. I am looking at my Waldorf Microwave and am thinking of the missed opportunity.
  2. No palm rest. Perhaps SSL thought it'd be a waste of space or it would not look nice. If you are used to resting your hand/palm under the fader then this is will not work.

Quote:
I got it going using the Logic Pro (Mackie) layer, which seemed to work the smoothest right away of all the DAW options. So far I can confirm the following immediately works:

- Selection (tracks selected in Reaper become selected on UF8, tracks selected on UF8 become selected in Reaper. One thing is that hitting select on the UF8 adds tracks to the selection rather than just selects the new track you've pressed; basically as if you're holding down the 'shift' button on the Pro Tools setting)
I also started with the Logic Pro layer and the Reaper standard MCU profile. Double-clicking the SEL button toggles track select.

Quote:
- Flip mode for volume/panning (nice thing here - if you press the knob in it sets to zero, which works for pan and volume. Helpful because the dedicated 'zero' function isn't working)
Thank you for the hint!

Currently I am running Reaper and Pro Tools HD (old version 10) on two different systems side by side. Unfortunately the Pro Tools rig is too old for the SSL 360 Software (it is stuck at macOS 10.9 because of the HD hardware). However, I managed to get the UF8 which is connected to the Reaper rig, to talk to my old Pro Tools system over Network MIDI. It seems to be working well and I am surprised by how well HUI is integrated into Pro Tools considering its age. Even metering and clip lights are supported but, weirdly, the faders on the UF8 flip back after setting levels - even though the levels change inside Pro Tools. Automation modes don't work either. This could be down to my unorthodox MIDI routing or course. But it makes me hopeful that I can use the UF8 as a workaround for my transition to Reaper.

Right now my feelings are a bit mixed but once I get this thing working well via CSI I am hopeful that I won't regret the purchase every time I turn that big wheel.

Last edited by MixR; 05-11-2021 at 02:22 AM.
Old 05-11-2021, 02:23 AM   #9
MixR

Quote:
Here's my .mst and .zon Files for the SSL UF8:
https://stash.reaper.fm/41980/UF8.mst
https://stash.reaper.fm/41981/UF8.zon

These are configured to my preference and you should probably heavily modify these to your taste.
For the Soft-Keys on the UF8 I recommend using the SSL 360 app to link them to Reaper Shortcuts.
The Send/Plugin Keys 1-8 on the lefthand side are not supported. Would have been nice but I can live without them.

You should probably choose the "Studio One" profile in SSL 360 in order for all the buttons to work right.

If anyone is using an SSL Sigma, I could share a super-badass way of controlling the Sigma-Plugin with Reaper's Faders done via a control-signal that modulates the plugin parameters. Doesn't belong in this thread, so I won't promote it any further without interest shown ;-)

Best and have fun!
Frank
Thank you, Frank!
I am trying out your .mst and .zon files as we speak. Flip works for me but I can't get out of a flipped state when pressing the button again - am I missing something?
Thanks for sharing!
Old 05-11-2021, 02:50 AM   #10
drummerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixR View Post
Thank you, Frank!
I am trying out your .mst and .zon files as we speak. Flip works for me but I can't get out of a flipped state when pressing the button again - am I missing something?
Thanks for sharing!
The GoZone Home can't be on the same button (Flip) as MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets.
That's why I mapped it to Hold+Flip, so just hold Flip for a second and it'll revert back.

Really excited to try the surface with the new Receives in MCI v1.0!
Old 05-11-2021, 03:40 AM   #11
MixR

Quote:
The GoZone Home can't be on the same button (Flip) as MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets.
That's why I mapped it to Hold+Flip, so just hold Flip for a second and it'll revert back.

Really excited to try the surface with the new Receives in MCI v1.0!
Thank you. I am obviously being thick but which button is your shift key in the UF8? Also, you mentioned the Send/Plugin buttons aren't supported - is that something that could be added at a later date?

What are the new receives in MCI 1.0?
Old 05-11-2021, 04:20 AM   #12
drummerboy

Quote:
Thank you. I am obviously being thick but which button is your shift key in the UF8? Also, you mentioned the Send/Plugin buttons aren't supported - is that something that could be added at a later date?

What are the new receives in MCI 1.0?
Shift is right next to pan on the righthand side (the fine/up-arrow button).
The send/plugin buttons don‘t send any MIDI, so we‘d have to see if SSL
at some point makes them available via firmware update.

Receives in MCI 1.0 is just the opposite of sends.
You could for instance select a receiving track and control all the tracks that send to it.
Basically the same thing you see in the i/o window of a track.
Old 05-11-2021, 04:32 AM   #13
MixR

Quote:
Shift is right next to pan on the righthand side (the fine/up-arrow button).
D'OH!
Quote:
The send/plugin buttons don‘t send any MIDI, so we‘d have to see if SSL
at some point makes them available via firmware update.
They don't on the Studio One or Logic profiles but they do on the Pro Tools/Hui and Cubase profiles. Would that make them usable in Reaper at all?
Old 05-11-2021, 05:12 AM   #14
drummerboy

Quote:
D'OH!

They don't on the Studio One or Logic profiles but they do on the Pro Tools/Hui and Cubase profiles. Would that make them usable in Reaper at all?
Good find! Didn't even think of checking that out.
The two profiles even seem to send the same MIDI, except for Page Left/Right, which is a different value. Plus you only get Automation Read and Write in Cubase Mode. Latch and Touch only light up in Studio One Mode.

You could use the Cubase Mode and add the Send/Plugin 1-8 into the .mst File.
I'm going to stay on Studio One Mode for the Automation Latch/Touch Buttons.
Old 05-11-2021, 05:45 AM   #15
MixR

Quote:
Plus you only get Automation Read and Write in Cubase Mode. Latch and Touch only light up in Studio One Mode.

You could use the Cubase Mode and add the Send/Plugin 1-8 into the .mst File.
Oh no. I did not check the automation modes in the other profiles. It looks like everything is mutually exclusive within these profiles.

What would really help would be a more advanced profile selection/editing mode in 360 or a pure custom MIDI mode.
Old 05-11-2021, 06:30 AM   #16
Funkybot

Just an FYI from a CSI perspective, I ran into the same issue with my simple X-Touch One where different profiles behaved entirely differently. My advice is [obvious, but] do some experimenting to figure out which gets closest to what you need (i.e. all buttons send some value and work, feedback is incorporated in a useful way) and then just modify the .mst and/or .zon settings from there. You don't want to start with the DAW profile where two buttons work for example because those buttons mean nothing in DAW X.

Thanks for sharing the SSL UF8 files BTW! I'm sure they'll be a helpful jumping off point for others.
Old 05-11-2021, 09:30 AM   #17
MixR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Just an FYI from a CSI perspective, I ran into the same issue with my simple X-Touch One where different profiles behaved entirely differently. My advice is [obvious, but] do some experimenting to figure out which gets closest to what you need (i.e. all buttons send some value and work, feedback is incorporated in a useful way) and then just modify the .mst and/or .zon settings from there. You don't want to start with the DAW profile where two buttons work for example because those buttons mean nothing in DAW X.

Thanks for sharing the SSL UF8 files BTW! I'm sure they'll be a helpful jumping off point for others.
Thanks, Funkybot. Seems like there is no one profile that offers full functionality, unfortunately. Cubase has full send/plug-in support but only two automation modes, Logic and Studo One modes are similar to each other and offer automation modes without any send support. Weirdly, HUI offers both, send, and plug-in control (five only as per ancient Pro Tools a the time) and no automation modes at all.
I will try to learn CSI ASAP so I can get a usable setup together.

This is potentially a very good controller and the option of controlling up to three DAWs is cool - even though I hate relying on middleware in order for the Control Surface to talk to the DAW.

Could it be an idea to create a send/plug-in profile that could be loaded into another layer and work with a different CSI page?
Old 05-11-2021, 09:41 AM   #18
MixR

Quote:
Sorry if I am being dumb. Is it possible to control more than one send per channel?
I can open the plug-in window with the PLUGIN button. Do you have support for editing plug-in parameters?
Old 05-11-2021, 10:22 AM   #19
drummerboy

Quote:
Sorry if I am being dumb. Is it possible to control more than one send per channel?
I can open the plug-in window with the PLUGIN button. Do you have support for editing plug-in parameters?
You can control up to 8 sends per channel, I believe.
Depends on how you configures CSI (there‘s a setting where you can define how many tracks and sends your controller has).

Plugins need their own .zon Files.
There‘s a reaper action „CSI: Make Zone File for selected FX“ or something similar, which outputs a zone file with all parameters ready for editing.

Here you can find any info you need for CSI:
https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...ntegrator/wiki
Old 05-11-2021, 10:45 AM   #20
MixR

Quote:
You can control up to 8 sends per channel, I believe.
Depends on how you configures CSI (there‘s a setting where you can define how many tracks and sends your controller has).

Plugins need their own .zon Files.
There‘s a reaper action „CSI: Make Zone File for selected FX“ or something similar, which outputs a zone file with all parameters ready for editing.

Here you can find any info you need for CSI:
https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...ntegrator/wiki
Thank you so much. I have set Reaper to 8 sends and 8 FX menu items so will need to see what I am doing wrong.
I realise that a lot of my questions stem from the fact that I judt don't know CSI yet so I will need to find the time to take a dive.
Old 05-11-2021, 11:14 AM   #21
Funkybot

Quote:
Thank you so much. I have set Reaper to 8 sends and 8 FX menu items so will need to see what I am doing wrong.
I realise that a lot of my questions stem from the fact that I judt don't know CSI yet so I will need to find the time to take a dive.
Are you using someone else's .zon file or did you roll/modify your own? If you wrap the contents of your surface.zon file in...

[bode]
paste content here
[/bode]

...then replace the word "bode" with "code," we can take a look and figure out what if anything is acting up and why.

You can also post the contents of your csi.ini file as well in a similar manner so we can check that out.
Old 05-11-2021, 12:19 PM   #22
MixR

Quote:
Are you using someone else's .zon file or did you roll/modify your own? If you wrap the contents of your surface.zon file in...

[bode]
paste content here
[/bode]

...then replace the word "bode" with "code," we can take a look and figure out what if anything is acting up and why.

You can also post the contents of your csi.ini file as well in a similar manner so we can check that out.
I am currently using Frank/Drummerboy's files and haven't had a chance to look into editing those yet. I'll give that a go and post here - thanks so much for offering to help me with it!
Old 05-11-2021, 12:31 PM   #23
Funkybot

Quote:
I am currently using Frank/Drummerboy's files and haven't had a chance to look into editing those yet. I'll give that a go and post here - thanks so much for offering to help me with it!
Just gave the files a quick look and they look good to me. So you're using 8 channels, 8 sends, 8 FX menu in your CSI configs? If yes, you should see the 8 8 8 set of characters in the csi.ini fie, confirm that's there. If yes, then I'm out of ideas. Maybe Drummerboy can help if he has sends working.
Old 05-11-2021, 12:36 PM   #24
MixR

Quote:
Just gave the files a quick look and they look good to me. So you're using 8 channels, 8 sends, 8 FX menu in your CSI configs? If yes, you should see the 8 8 8 set of characters in the csi.ini fie, confirm that's there. If yes, then I'm out of ideas. Maybe Drummerboy can help if he has sends working.
That's what I have got:
Code:
Page "HomePage" FollowMCP NoSynchPages UseScrollLink 
MidiSurface "UF8" 29 33 "UF8.mst" "UF8" 8 8 8 0
I will create another test project and check again.

Edit:
I checked it and can confirm it is working as expected! The fact that the sends spill over to the eight faders is awesome.
Old 05-12-2021, 06:05 AM   #25
MixR

What do I need to change to display the fader dB value rather than pan in the main view?
I love the readout of the sends value when flipped.
Old 05-12-2021, 06:30 AM   #26
Funkybot

You could do something like this...

Code:
Zone "Channel"
     TrackNavigator
     DisplayUpper|            TrackNameDisplay
     DisplayLower|            TrackVolumeDisplay
     Shift+DisplayLower|      MCUTrackPanDisplay		 Rotary|
ZoneEnd
That will show Track Volume on the lower displays, but when you hold the Shift modifier, it will display the Pan values. Obviously you can change the modifier. Or ditch the pans entirely.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:09 AM   #27
MixR

Quote:
You could do something like this...

Code:
Zone "Channel"
     TrackNavigator
     Shift+DisplayLower|      MCUTrackPanDisplay         Rotary|
ZoneEnd
That will show Track Volume on the lower displays, but when you hold the Shift modifier, it will display the Pan values. Obviously you can change the modifier. Or ditch the pans entirely.
That's worked great, thank you!
One weird thing though: Track 3 displays nothing. Not pan (like previously) but also not Volume. When I scroll through tracks any track that goes past the third display shows no volume.
Same on the sends and pan views - maybe that row of pixels is faulty on the display???
Edit: Just tested it with other DAWs and the display is fine. Weird.

Last edited by MixR; 05-12-2021 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-12-2021, 09:19 AM   #28
Funkybot

Quote:
That's worked great, thank you!
One weird thing though: Track 3 displays nothing. Not pan (like previously) but also not Volume. When I scroll through tracks any track that goes past the third display shows no volume.
Same on the sends and pan views - maybe that row of pixels is faulty on the display???
Edit: Just tested it with other DAWs and the display is fine. Weird.
There's a typo in the .mst file...

Code:
Widget DisplayLower3s
	FB_MCUDisplayLower 2
WidgetEnd
Should be...

Code:
Widget DisplayLower3
	FB_MCUDisplayLower 2
WidgetEnd
...(i.e. 3s versus 3).
Old 05-12-2021, 09:26 AM   #29
MixR

You are The Don, Funkybot - thank you. I had a hunch that it may be the .mst file but overlooked the "s".
Old 05-12-2021, 09:46 AM   #30
MixR

I am trying to figure out what the below does - looks like I can navigate and select FX from a list?
Which key might "SoftKeys" be?
Code:
Zone "FXMenu"
    FXMenuNavigator
    DisplayUpper|               FXMenuNameDisplay
    RotaryPush|                 GoFXSlot
ZoneEnd

Zone "SoftKeys"
 //   SK2-1           Reaper _S&M_CYCLACTION_10  // Show only Busses

ZoneEnd
Old 05-13-2021, 03:30 AM   #31
drummerboy

Quote:
I am trying to figure out what the below does - looks like I can navigate and select FX from a list?
Which key might "SoftKeys" be?
Code:
Zone "FXMenu"
    FXMenuNavigator
ZoneEnd

Zone "SoftKeys"
 //   SK2-1           Reaper _S&M_CYCLACTION_10  // Show only Busses

ZoneEnd
You can delete the softkeys, it‘s easier to assign them from the ssl 360 app.
FX Menu shows the FX (if available as .zon) on the displays.
Old 05-14-2021, 12:32 AM   #32
MixR

Thank you - I will give that a go as soon as I have the time to create some plug-in .zon files (need to read up on that first though).
Old 07-01-2021, 01:02 PM   #33
zubin

hey all - i finally have some time to get back in to making my UF8 work better with reaper, this all looks amazing!

i downloaded drummerboy's mst and zon files and i'm trying to get CSI set up, but i'm having a weird basic issue: after going to the CSI preferences area and clicking 'Add Midi', it opens but I can't click on the dropdown menus to load the Surface and Zone folder files. I can't figure out if this is just a weird bug or if I'm doing something wrong...I've read through all the installation instructions and searched around for an answer to this. Any thoughts? I'm gonna post on the CSI page as well, just thought I'd check here first.

Thanks,
z
Old 07-02-2021, 07:05 AM   #34
zubin

hey - never mind on that last message, I got it figured out. I'm working with drummerboy's .zon and .mst files from 5-11 and it's all functional so far, thank you so much for sharing those! I'm going to start digging in to learning more about this and customizing - I see that some progress has been made in these settings over the last two months, would anyone be willing to share some updated files with those changes?

thanks to all!
z
Old 08-04-2021, 01:17 AM   #35
Ant-1

Hi, I recently got a UF8 surface and learning CSI, thanks to everyone on this thread !
I'm using the Studio 1 template in SSL 360 as suggested by Drummerboy along with his .zon and .mst files. Thanks for that, great starting point!
All the basics work well and I'm now learning how to customize the .zon files to my needs.

There's a few things I'm struggling with and wondered if someone here cld help me out:
- I can't get the UF8 channels to clip like Reaper's - probably linked to the fact that the calibration is off (by 3 i thing). I've read other old threads about calibration from Geoff but I just can't work it out. At the moment a fader on 0 in Reaper seems to be on 3 on the UF8.
- The 'plugin' button does open each selected channels FX chain but that's all, I'm not getting any parameters to show, let alone control them with rotaries. I did create a .zon file for a simple plugin (LX480) to see if I could make it happen but no luck. By the way, which folder should the plugin .zon file seat in ?

Here are my UF8 .zon codes as well as the LX480 .zon files.
Would be amazing if someone could point me in the right direction.
Thanks again to everyone involved with CSI.

Code:
Zone "Home"
    IncludedZones
          "Buttons"
          "SelectedChannel"
          "Channel"
          "SoftKeys"
     IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "Buttons"
     Shift                    Shift
     Pan		 GoZone Pan
         Hold+Pan 	 GoZone Home
     Plugin                 Reaper  _S&M_TOGLFXCHAIN  //SWS/S&M: Toggle show FX chain windows for selected tracks
     Hold+Plugin        GoZone Home
     Flip                       MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
    Hold+Flip              GoZone Home

ChannelLeft              TrackBank "-1"
     ChannelRight             TrackBank "1"
     BankLeft                 TrackBank "-8"
     BankRight                TrackBank "8"

Up                       Reaper         40111                    // Zoom in vertical
     Down                     Reaper         40112                    // Zoom out vertical
     Right                    Reaper         1012                     // Zoom in horizontal
     Left                     Reaper         1011                     // Zoom out horizontal   
     Shift+Up                 Reaper         41325                    // View: Increase selected track heights
     Shift+Down               Reaper         41326                    // View: Decrease selected track heights
     Zoom       ToggleScrollLink 1

Q1             Reaper      40454 //Screenset 1
     Q2             Reaper      40455 //Screenset 2
     Q3             Reaper      40457 //Screenset 4
  ZoneEnd

Zone "SelectedChannel"
    SelectedTrackNavigator
    Read                     TrackAutoMode  "0"
    Write                    TrackAutoMode  "3"
    Touch                    TrackAutoMode  "2"
    Latch                    TrackAutoMode  "5"

Hold+Read               GlobalAutoMode "0"
    Hold+Write              GlobalAutoMode "3"
    Hold+Touch              GlobalAutoMode "2"
    Hold+Latch              GlobalAutoMode "5"

ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel"
     TrackNavigator
     Pan+DisplayLower|      MCUTrackPanDisplay		 Rotary|								// [ (0.005,0.01,0.025,0.034,0.05) ]
     RecordArm|              TrackRecordArm     
     Shift+RecordArm|         Reaper         40495                         //Cycle track record monitor
     Solo|                    TrackSolo
     Hold+Solo|         ClearAllSolo
 Rotary| GoZone Pan

Mute|                    TrackMute
     Hold+Mute|           TrackUniqueSelect
     Hold+Mute|           Reaper _XENAKIOS_RESETTRACKVOL1   // Set Track Vol to 0dB
     Hold+Mute|           Reaper _S&M_CYCLACTION_48  // Children to -inf dB
     Hold+Mute|           TrackMute

Select|                  TrackUniqueSelect
     Shift+Select|            TrackSelect
    //Hold+Select|             ToggleScrollLink
    // Hold+Select|             TrackUniqueSelect
     //Hold+Select|             Reaper _cac4a7ca59e3492aae7bd1437a1bf7b6                            //Mixer: Show Children
    Hold+Select|             Reaper _S&M_CYCLACTION_11 // Toggle Show only Children of selected Track

//Hold+Select|             Reaper 41665                            //Mixer: Toggle show tracks in folders in mixer
    //Hold+Select|             TrackToggleVCASpill
     Fader|                   TrackVolume
     VUMeter|                 TrackOutputMeterMaxPeakLR
ZoneEnd

Zone "Pan"
TrackNavigator
DisplayUpper| TrackNameDisplay
DisplayLower| TrackPanDisplay
Rotary| TrackPan "1"
nameValue GoZone Home
Shift+nameValue GoZone PanWidth
RotaryPush| TrackUniqueSelect
RotaryPush| Reaper _XENAKIOS_PANTRACKSCENTER
Fader| TrackVolume
FaderTouch+Fader| GoZone Channel
Blank1 GoZone "Channel"
ZoneEnd

Zone "PanWidth"
TrackNavigator
DisplayLower| TrackPanWidthDisplay
Rotary| TrackPanWidth "1"
RotaryPush| GoZone Home
nameValue GoZone Home
ZoneEnd

Zone "Send"                     // Hit the Flip button to assign sends on the selected track to faders, and Hold Flip to go back "Home"
    SendNavigator
    DisplayUpper|               TrackSendNameDisplay
    DisplayLower|               TrackSendVolumeDisplay
    Mute|                       TrackSendMute
    Fader|                      TrackSendVolume
  Rotary|                       TrackSendPan
ZoneEnd 

Zone "FXMenu"
    FXMenuNavigator
ZoneEnd

Zone "Rotary"
     Rotary1|		      Reaper         21 			// Set pan for track 01
     Rotary2|		      Reaper         29
     Rotary3|		      Reaper         37
     Rotary4|		      Reaper         45 
     Rotary5|		      Reaper         53 
     Rotary6|		      Reaper         61 
     Rotary7|		      Reaper         69 
     Rotary8|		      Reaper         77 
ZoneEnd
Code:
Zone "AU: LX480 Essentials (Relab Development)"
	SelectedTrackNavigator
	Rotary1| FXParam 0 "RTM - Reverb Time"
	Rotary2| FXParam 1 "LOF - Low Frequency"
	Rotary3| FXParam 2 "HIF - High Frequency"
	Rotary4| FXParam 3 "MIX - Dry/Wet Mix"
	Rotary5| FXParam 4 "ALG - Algorithm"
	Rotary6| FXParam 5 "PDL - Pre Delay"
	Rotary7| FXParam 6 "Bypass"
	Rotary8| FXParam 7 "Wet"
ZoneEnd
Ant-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 12:49 PM   #36
MixR

Is there a way I can set the displays up to show values of the faders? Especially when writing automation. Right now the fader level keeps saying 0.00
Old 10-17-2021, 11:28 PM   #37
yimbot

I'm sorry guys - please excuse the noob question here...

I can connect my UF8 and setup as an MCU device and it works fine (without send or plugin control) in Studio One mode.

I've installed CSI and if I delete my MCU device and setup a CSI device instead, I get nothing. I've used drummerboy's .mst and .zon files (thanks!), however, still no go.

Here the config:

and here is the CSI.ini:
Code:
Page "HomePage" FollowMCP SynchPages UseScrollLink 
MidiSurface "SSL UF8" 11 12 "UF8.mst" "UF8" 8 8 8 0
Don't know what I'm missing, but my faders dont move and track names don't display. Like I say, I'm sure its a noob problem, so I'm sorry, but hopefully it helps the next person!

Thanks.
yimbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 09:51 AM   #38
adi_james

Default Updated MST and ZON files for Reaper 6.45

Hi,

I followed the great work done by others in this thread but, like some posters, couldn't get the integration working - I suspect because of subsequent Reaper or CSI updates.

Anyway, I've made changes to the MST file and broken the ZON files down into separate files and my UF8 is now working brilliantly in Reaper 6.45 (with the exception of plugin control that is known not to be currently supported).

Attached are the files. I hope these work for you. Copy the UF8 folder into the CSI/Zones folder and the MST file to the CSI/Midi folder. Modify the ZON files if needed to suit your own workflow.

I've found it best to use the Studio One layer profile in the SSL360 app.
Attached Files
File Type: zip UF8-Reaper.zip (4.8 KB, 172 views)
adi_james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 10:48 PM   #39
kisiek

I'm having the same problem as yimbot. I've tried both adj_james' files and drummerboy's but once I set up the surface and zones in CSI all the faders just go to the bottom of the controller and none of the track names are displayed.

If I set it up using the Logic profile and Reaper's native MCU then it works ok.
kisiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 10:38 AM   #40
MixR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisiek View Post
I'm having the same problem as yimbot. I've tried both adj_james' files and drummerboy's but once I set up the surface and zones in CSI all the faders just go to the bottom of the controller and none of the track names are displayed.

If I set it up using the Logic profile and Reaper's native MCU then it works ok.
Which version of CSI are you using? I had similar problems after upgrading to CSI 2.0 and it turned out to be the naming of the Zones - their labeling is specific in 2.0 and needs to conform to the one in the Wiki.
https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...xed-zone-types