Old 03-29-2012, 05:32 PM   #121
Sound asleep
Human being with feelings
 
Sound asleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 7,439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
Oh man, this is going to be the start of absolute awesome!
uh oh, lol. he makes plugins? ooops. i assumed that someone who actually made plugins couldn't possibly say something stupid like that. my bad.
__________________
Miles in your Shoes Original tune
Sound asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:38 AM   #122
gpunk_w
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound asleep View Post
Blah blah stupid, blah blah irony, blah blah I know more than you do, even though apparently nobody knows nothing about ST3, blah blah stupid blah blah irony, blah blah blah blah
Well done
Feel better now
(Don't assume i know nothing about ST3, much like the rest of the crap you assumed, assumption is the mother of .......)
__________________
Reaper scripters, that is all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gpunk_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #123
Sound asleep
Human being with feelings
 
Sound asleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 7,439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpunk_w View Post
Well done
Feel better now
(Don't assume i know nothing about ST3, much like the rest of the crap you assumed, assumption is the mother of .......)
ya, i see so many people on forums like this one trash talk and act condescending, and i haaaate that so much. if ST3 is advertising it took them 3 years to develop ST3 then it probably took 3 years to develop, and they probably have a pretty good team of people working on the plugin, and whatever it will be will probably warrant the 3 years of development. why? idk, and apparently neither do you.

but saying that it is bullshit it took 3 years to develop, and acting so rude to the representative, when you don't know much about ST3, and that's not an assumption it was obvious you didn't know the specifics from your post, and not even the rep divulged to us anything, i find is very ugly behaviour.

if i was that rep, i would have wished to say "fuck you, wtf do you know about the company i work for" or something along those lines. but he can't, because he needs to uphold a good image for his company. he got a good few rude responses and maintained decency.

my reply was less to make me feel better and more to make him feel better as well. i really hate it when people treat somebody representing a company like garbage, and they have to just take it.

me, i don't work for ik multimedia, and i don't have to take it.

you know, you could be nicer. maybe something like.

"oh ya? seriously? 3 years to develop a product? how come? that seems like an awful long time to make a plugin. what kind of features will have that would warrant such a long development period?"

even if you're thinking "you're full of shit, there's no way programming a plugin would take that long" that's not how you treat people.

you know?

especially that you don't know exactly what the plugin is, so you can't know how long it should or shouldn't take to develop. maybe you've made plugins before. and maybe the actual programming portion of developing the plugin was a relatively small portion of the development process, idk, but you've not made a plugin of this scale. so neither do you. nor do you even know exactly what that scale is, only that it far exceeds anything you've done.

reps get their info from their company, they are told what the company wants people to hear. if they are told it took 3 years, the company wants us to hear that. if the company wants us to hear that, they're not gonna come out with something that people will look at and say "3 years? for this?" they know how long it should take to make plugins. if you would have thought of it a little first, maybe you would have realized that. so then ya, i guess given the fact that i thought about it a little, i do happen to know better than you, even though, apparently, nobody knows anything about ST3.

but who is right or wrong about how long it should take doesn't even matter. maybe you are right. let's say for teh sake of argument you are. you still shouldn't treat people like that.

you must either rarely know more than anyone else about anything, or have zero friends, because if that's how you treat people when you think they're wrong, then nobody would like you.

or maybe just because it's a forum and it's only written, and not face to face, you take it upon yourself to be an ass. idk. but i hate that sort of attitude, and ya, i want you to know that. maybe you don't care. but that doesn't matter. as long as now you know that. that you were maybe trying to make yourself look strong or smart, or idk, why you act that way, but the result, in my eyes and probably others as well is quite the opposite, not favouring you at all. i just want you to know that. and ya, if you've read this far, i feel better. mission accomplished. anything else you say is moot.

i'm sure you have negative things to say about me, will want to ridicule me in some way, or idk, have some sort of confrontational reply, maybe trying to be clever or something. but whatever that's ok, i don't care what you think of me. i just wanted you to know my perspective. and i am comfortable with that. so go ahead respond as you will. in my eyes the only way you can seem a good man, the only way you can show me, the only way you can impress me, not that it would be your aim of course, would be to apologize to the rep. but i am certain you are not this much of a man. very few are. that would be tough to do, even if you thought he deserved it, which i doubt i have succeeded in showing you that he does.
__________________
Miles in your Shoes Original tune

Last edited by Sound asleep; 03-30-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Sound asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #124
ObiK
Human being with feelings
 
ObiK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 1,095
Default

It takes time to go into the level of detail IK does. From the studio custom built to record the new sample library, to the new instruments we bought, to the recording of 1 note, hundreds of times at multiple velocities and then you have to edit those hundreds of samples per note, per instrument and then the actual plug in development.

Say whatever you want to say, you'll remember all of this when it comes out. EVERYONE will take notice when its released. Til then you can always get SampleTank 2.5 XL or any of our other great workstations because their sound libraries will always be compatible with newer versions of SampleTank. We are effectively taking instruments and preserving them for future use. Maintaining an old Tron, Wurlitzer or Rhodes can cost a lot of $$$. When for less than the cost of fixing or restoring one you can get that sound plus tons more in Total Workstation 2.
__________________
IKMultimedia.com
Musicians first. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Tumblr!
ObiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:50 AM   #125
JohnnyMcFly
Human being with feelings
 
JohnnyMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
Oh man, this is going to be the start of absolute awesome!
HAHA I miss this forum!
__________________
http://www.acmebargig.com/
JohnnyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:20 AM   #126
JohnnyMcFly
Human being with feelings
 
JohnnyMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,343
Default

Well I can easily see a plug taking 3 years if as OBIK says that they built a custom studio, bought all the gear, etc. However, What I can't see is that plug development ever breaking even.
I mean really.. There are a lot of factors that go into whether a plug breaks even or makes money.

Obik, what is your piracy to purchase ratio? I read somewhere, and I can't remember right now where, but I'll post the link if I can find it again. Industry wide its 1200:1 on the high side, and 900:1 on the low side.
(I cannot vouch for those numbers though, and they may be out to lunch)

So assuming those numbers are right, then for every 1200 illegal downloads of your product, you sell one. There are other factors that change that ratio as well, like price, company image, protection strength, etc.

Now factor in competitive products, not to mention freeware competitors and you begin to see that there is not a lot of business to go around. So if a product takes three years (I'm not questioning whether it did or not), and you've gone to large expenses (like building a studio for it!) as well as the cost of development, then I can see why you guys are somewhat spam-ish and pushy with sales to forum members. You would have to be...
__________________
http://www.acmebargig.com/
JohnnyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:17 AM   #127
ObiK
Human being with feelings
 
ObiK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 1,095
Default

We don't really worry about freeware competitors as they aren't really competition. We offer our own free software and are continually raising the bar for EVERY company. It always seems like others are trying to keep up with us! As for our numbers, we'll keep that private and internal. When it does drop, the meticulous, detailed work, great sound and functionality that everyone has been asking for will be what carries SampleTank 3 when it is ready to be released.
__________________
IKMultimedia.com
Musicians first. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Tumblr!
ObiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #128
JohnnyMcFly
Human being with feelings
 
JohnnyMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiK View Post
We don't really worry about freeware competitors as they aren't really competition. We offer our own free software and are continually raising the bar for EVERY company. It always seems like others are trying to keep up with us! As for our numbers, we'll keep that private and internal. When it does drop, the meticulous, detailed work, great sound and functionality that everyone has been asking for will be what carries SampleTank 3 when it is ready to be released.
I wouldn't say every company, we don't follow anyone and never have... In fact the only similarities between what we are doing and what you guys are doing is that its vst, and they are meant for guitar.

One more thing that I want to clarify just in case its taken wrong by forum members. Many of which are very staunch freeware supporters and I can see that, as pipeline audio would say, "there is going to be an absolute awesomeness happen.."(IOW a flame session).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiK View Post
We don't really worry about freeware competitors as they aren't really competition.
I'm sure you didn't mean that freeware developers and their software are not competition in that they don't make good stuff..

I'm going to drop a few names that are doing similar stuff to you guys as a reminder to you..

Lepou
Ongel
ALU
Bootsy.

Any of their developments easily match anything that IK has ever released, and in a lot of cases far surpasses it. However, thats just my opinion, this is of course subjective.

I just wanted to point out that your statement could be taken in a wrong context. People could also take that as a very arrogant statement from a representative of IK. However, I don't believe thats what you meant... Right?

In that light, could you please explain why you don't view them as competition?

I'm curious...
__________________
http://www.acmebargig.com/

Last edited by JohnnyMcFly; 04-01-2012 at 06:00 PM.
JohnnyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #129
ObiK
Human being with feelings
 
ObiK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 1,095
Default

Yes all a matter of opinion, but that is not what I meant. More that they aren't making software for profit, those are our competition. Big difference when you have more resources and other abilities afforded when you are for profit. I fear we have moved this thread off course. I'll leave the thread, like our respectable opinions, be.
__________________
IKMultimedia.com
Musicians first. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Tumblr!
ObiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #130
JohnnyMcFly
Human being with feelings
 
JohnnyMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,343
Default

Thanks OBIK
__________________
http://www.acmebargig.com/
JohnnyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:30 AM   #131
pattonfreak1
Human being with feelings
 
pattonfreak1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Posts: 3,240
Default

Very fond of GClip also...
__________________
www.gigawatt.stereokiller.com
pattonfreak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:28 AM   #132
mtthw
Human being with feelings
 
mtthw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,162
Default

If you could only have one compressor and one limiter and one eq,
which would you choose?

I have no idea at the moment.
__________________
https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/607/Not...0Key%20Map.zip

Note frequency key map
mtthw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:41 AM   #133
pipelineaudio
Mortal
 
pipelineaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wickenburg, Arizona
Posts: 13,444
Default

reacomp, event horizon, and reaeq
__________________
REAPER Shirts are Back! - https://shop.spreadshirt.com/pipelineaudio/
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:41 AM   #134
Cosmic
Human being with feelings
 
Cosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Online
Posts: 4,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
reacomp, event horizon, and reaeq
SAME!

I'm might be a bit deaf,but Reaeq does the job with aplomb as far as I can tell.
What more would you need?

Less eq the better.
__________________
it aint worth a bop,if it dont got that pop
Cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:58 AM   #135
pattonfreak1
Human being with feelings
 
pattonfreak1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Posts: 3,240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtthw View Post
If you could only have one compressor and one limiter and one eq,
which would you choose?

I have no idea at the moment.
Lightweight compressor
Tls_maximizer
ReaEQ
__________________
www.gigawatt.stereokiller.com
pattonfreak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #136
gpunk_w
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,223
Default

@Obik
Did you really compare the ST2 libraries to the original instruments hahaha (We are preserving old hardware, really ? did you just do that, really ? )
And by the way, ST 2.5 is the only plugin I can find in my entire collection that still has the ability to crash Reaper.
Like i have said once before, I would leave it if I where you, your sales talk wont work round here, well other than on /\/\/\/\ that blah fella up there hahahaha
Come back in however many more years it is when ST 3 comes out and it has better libraries than are already out for Kontakt
__________________
Reaper scripters, that is all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gpunk_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:44 AM   #137
gpunk_w
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound asleep View Post
Long post
Assume it was meant for me, sorry too long and ultimately too boring to be bothered reading it, but hope you enjoyed yourself again
__________________
Reaper scripters, that is all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gpunk_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #138
ObiK
Human being with feelings
 
ObiK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 1,095
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpunk_w View Post
@Obik
Did you really compare the ST2 libraries to the original instruments hahaha (We are preserving old hardware, really ? did you just do that, really ? )
And by the way, ST 2.5 is the only plugin I can find in my entire collection that still has the ability to crash Reaper.
Like i have said once before, I would leave it if I where you, your sales talk wont work round here, well other than on /\/\/\/\ that blah fella up there hahahaha
Come back in however many more years it is when ST 3 comes out and it has better libraries than are already out for Kontakt
Does IKs presence here on the Reaper forums threaten you?

If its crashing reaper please contact our support, its been rock solid for me since I started using Reaper. If you want you can even PM me the ticket number and I'll follow it from my side to make sure it gets taken care of and gets top priority here at IK.

I was here posting on these forums before I worked for IK. If IK and I part ways in the future, I'll still be on these boards. I'm a Reaper fan, stop trying to chase me away, I'm not going anywhere.

I'll gladly leave it alone as I did a few days ago. I'm just responding to help you get support for your SampleTank issue. But if you have no issue then leave it, I did.
__________________
IKMultimedia.com
Musicians first. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Tumblr!
ObiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #139
Sound asleep
Human being with feelings
 
Sound asleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 7,439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpunk_w View Post
Assume it was meant for me, sorry too long and ultimately too boring to be bothered reading it, but hope you enjoyed yourself again
i'm glad you managed to realize how boring it was without having read it.
__________________
Miles in your Shoes Original tune
Sound asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #140
Sound asleep
Human being with feelings
 
Sound asleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 7,439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpunk_w View Post
@Obik
Did you really compare the ST2 libraries to the original instruments hahaha (We are preserving old hardware, really ? did you just do that, really ? )
And by the way, ST 2.5 is the only plugin I can find in my entire collection that still has the ability to crash Reaper.
Like i have said once before, I would leave it if I where you, your sales talk wont work round here, well other than on /\/\/\/\ that blah fella up there hahahaha
Come back in however many more years it is when ST 3 comes out and it has better libraries than are already out for Kontakt
congratulations. you're still an ass.
__________________
Miles in your Shoes Original tune
Sound asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:11 PM   #141
ReaDave
Human being with feelings
 
ReaDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)
Posts: 5,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Hey Dannii, that's the same exact model I have. Unfortunately it stopped working.

At first it just got to where it wouldn't play once in a while. It kept getting worse as time went along and then stopped altogether. I have a feeling it might have something to do with a little switch inside that works when you open and close the door but that's just a hunch.

Have you had any problems like that?

I've got lots of old DATs I would like to get on disc.
Were you getting random glitches with playback or was it just refusing to play altogether? If you got random glitchiness, that would most likely be heads (possibly just needing a clean). If it just refused to play altogether, I'd be looking at tape sensor switches. I'm not sure if these have a 'position' switch but wouldn't be surprised if they do. Such position switches were common in video decks and were a common cause of problems. Since DAT decks are very similar to video decks (helical scanning head system), I'd assume they have similar tape sensing systems.

The only problems I ever had with DA30's were dirty heads. They were generally very reliable units, typical of most Tascam tape systems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannii View Post
I just purchased NI Komplete 8 (includes Kontakt 5) and am waiting for it to arrive. I dare say, when it does arrive, I'll be adding to my 'best plugin'(s) ever reply here!!
Well, after a few weeks of owning Komplete 8, I must add it to my 'must have' list.
Here's my current 'must have' shortlist:

Izotope Ozone 5 Advanced
Izotope RX2 Advanced (absolutely AMAZING noise reduction and spectral repair tool)
Valhalla Room
Superior Drummer 2
Nasty DLA
NI Komplete 8
ReaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.