Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 10-12-2021, 05:45 PM   #1
Uncle Sixer
Human being with feelings

Default Documentation or "post-it" note feature

A documentation or post-it note feature would be useful to leave notes (ideas, reminders) on items, tracks, or projects.

For instance, after a recording session with a few too many glasses of bourbon, I might need to go to bed before choosing a take from the evening. I could leave myself a note for the following day that says, "the third take is prob the one you want, but listen to the others"

On the track level, a note could say, "this is probably a keeper, but listen to measure 86 one more time, maybe do better"

Or, on the project level "touch-up panning and eq, render again with more compression... compare with song title 04.wav and see which one is better"

Could be a plugin or some type of a viewable outline. Simple text editor would be great. Easy to ignore when not needed, but maybe critical info, especially if a user walks away from a project for some time or possibly for collaborating with others.

Thanks
Uncle Sixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 12:27 AM   #2
Pink Wool

SWS notes is just this!
Pink Wool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 03:50 PM   #3
Uncle Sixer

Yes, I saw SWS notes, but I think that is only available as part of a package with a whole lot of other junk I don't want... I would like something native right in reaper. I did see project-level notes in reaper today (in project settings), but didn't have a chance to mess with it yet.

I also saw a way to put comments for individual effects inserted on tracks.

Just seems like there could be a better way.
Uncle Sixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 09:44 PM   #4
Pink Wool

It's quite unlikely that notes is going to be added as native anytime soon as SWS and other extensions are a big part of the Reaper dna. SWS isn't that huge either way, so it's not like it's going to bloat your Reaper!
Pink Wool is online now   Reply With Quote