Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 03-15-2018, 08:48 AM   #1
GeckoLikesMartini
Human being with feelings

Default ReaperControl 2 - OSC-controller for Lemur

Hi there,

New update for the ReaperControl 2 touchscreen controller.

- MIDI action-buttons - fixed
- GUI - some changes and fixes
- additional MIDI faderbank with x/y-pad
- additional toolbar for automation functions
- 2 new banks with buttons for fx- and fxchain-shortcuts (Reaper 5.77)

https://stash.reaper.fm/32979/ReaperControl2.zip

Have fun, mj

---------------------------
Description:

OSC touchscreen-controller for Reaper (5.77) and Lemur on iPad (12.5').

- faderbank for volume, panorama, send 1-4 and MIDI
- trackbank for mute, solo, record arm and track automation
- toolbar with up to 5x48 buttons for actions, shortcuts, marker and regions
- transportbar with time, beats, marker/region functions, loop points
- track view with trackfunctions and up to 8 inserts
- control fx-parameters of selected fx with touchscreen or connected midi controller
- 2 banks with up to 156 buttons to use the fx-shortcut-function (Reaper 5.77)

Screenshots:
https://stash.reaper.fm/32982/ReaperControl2_Mixer.png

https://stash.reaper.fm/32983/ReaperControl2_Track.png

https://stash.reaper.fm/33125/RC2_Track2.PNG

Last edited by GeckoLikesMartini; 03-16-2018 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Added short description
GeckoLikesMartini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:30 PM   #2
dinoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoLikesMartini View Post
Hi there,

New update for the ReaperControl 2 touchscreen controller.

- MIDI action-buttons - fixed
- GUI - some changes and fixes
- additional MIDI faderbank with x/y-pad
- additional toolbar for automation functions
- 2 new banks with buttons for fx- and fxchain-shortcuts (Reaper 5.77)

Have fun, mj
Hi, what display sizes does this template work with?
I only have an android phone for now and saw that most lemur templates for android dont fit correctly in most android screens.
Thanks
dinoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:25 AM   #3
GeckoLikesMartini

Hi dinoc

I made ReaperControl 2 for the iPad Pro 12.5'. There's an option in the Lemur editor to setup/change the screen resolution, but most of the time that doesn't work very well... and sure, this setup won't fit on a phone ;-/.

Regards, mj

Last edited by GeckoLikesMartini; 03-16-2018 at 01:34 AM.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:10 PM   #4
dinoc

Oh ok, thanks for the comment Gecko,
for some reason Lemur doesnt looooove Android displays that much hehe.
Your template is truely quite complete, I love how you can access plugin controls. Nice.
C ya
dinoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 12:16 AM   #5
airon

Thanks for sharing this.

It’s both a good controller and a useful reference for making your own OSC controller.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 03:45 PM   #6
wdreamsmaycome

thanks for sharing this, it's been very useful as the base for my own template
wdreamsmaycome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:15 AM   #7
ivansc

Damn your eyes, sirrah!
Just about got my head round Touch OSC on my Hudl2 8.3" screen and you do THIS to me! You must have known I just bought a 10" Air iPad...

Ah, well more fiddling around instead of making music I suppose (seriously, thanks)
Old 03-19-2018, 10:51 AM   #8
wdreamsmaycome

one thing I was wondering, what does it mean exactly, from the readme: "to use the MIDI controls of the faderbank, use Virtual MIDI Keyboard Input in Reaper"? How would this be set up exactly?

Also, if you don't mind a suggestion, it might be useful to have a screen / tab with a grid of buttons sending osc actions like /reapercontrol/custom/001 - ... that users could bind to whatever actions they want via learning in reaper and renaming them in the editor, things like "show only drum / guitar / ... tracks" and so on
Old 03-20-2018, 11:25 AM   #9
GeckoLikesMartini

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdreamsmaycome View Post
one thing I was wondering, what does it mean exactly, from the readme: "to use the MIDI controls of the faderbank, use Virtual MIDI Keyboard Input in Reaper"? How would this be set up exactly?

Also, if you don't mind a suggestion, it might be useful to have a screen / tab with a grid of buttons sending osc actions like /reapercontrol/custom/001 - ... that users could bind to whatever actions they want via learning in reaper and renaming them in the editor, things like "show only drum / guitar / ... tracks" and so on
Hi, the MIDI CC's of the controllers in the faderbank are routed via OSC to the Virtual MIDI Keyboard Input and not to the Lemur daemon which is used if your Lemur template works with MIDI-commands. So, to use this MIDI controllers, just select Virtual MIDI Keyboard Input as MIDI source in the input selection of your MIDI-track.

Your suggestion sounds good. You mean the toolbar-buttons, right ?

Regards, mj
Old 03-20-2018, 11:29 AM   #10
wdreamsmaycome

thanks for the clarification! In terms of my suggestion anything works really, I have just created a separate page, but for general usage a new tab in the mixer view would maybe fit in better? (I mean a new one where you have most wanted / marker & region / ... ) This does depend if you can squeeze it in of course by say narrowing the gap to the reload button to get some extra vertical space
Old 03-20-2018, 11:34 AM   #11
GeckoLikesMartini

Quote:
thanks for the clarification! In terms of my suggestion anything works really, I have just created a separate page, but for general usage a new tab in the mixer view would maybe fit in better? (I mean a new one where you have most wanted / marker & region / ... ) This does depend if you can squeeze it in of course by say narrowing the gap to the reload button to get some extra vertical space
As a "quick" solution I could put in a menu with additional toolbars and move in 1-2 of the existing buttons. But that means an additional "tab" to switch to this toolbars ?
Old 03-20-2018, 11:36 AM   #12
wdreamsmaycome

yeah, that is what I have in my quick & dirty modification to the template, I have Macros / Mixer / Track, but not sure that is great as a general solution as it's nice to have a compact layout with only two tabs, this said though it's really up to you, if you think it'd be worth to have a 3rd overall screen with more space for some of the things you currently have in the current mixer tabs
Old 03-23-2018, 10:15 AM   #13
GeckoLikesMartini

Hi

Latest version of ReaperControl2:

- new toolbar-menu to select more toolbar-tabs including Toolbar A + B to use as shortcut-buttons
- fx-parameterchanges with external MIDI controller should now be smoother
- selecting fx-insert also selects fx-parameter-page

(To be honest, I'm not so happy with this "menu-solution" because you have to tap once more to get to your toolbar. Maybe I can find a better solution.)

The buttons in Toolbar A + B output a simple name like tb1, tb2, tb3... to use them as shortcut-buttons with your preferred Reaper-action. Give the button a name, choose your preferred color and use the "add shortcut" function in Reaper's action menu. Depending on the action you may also have to change the trigger-mode.

If you prefer the "Toolbar A" button in the toolbar selector rather than the "Automation" button, just select the appropriate setting in the setup page.

Please keep in mind, that newer versions will discard your accommodations including FX-shortcut buttons and Toolbar A + B. Don't forget to backup !

Have fun, mj
Old 03-30-2018, 09:10 PM   #14
wdreamsmaycome

thanks for the update! When upgrading, what should we be doing on the reaper side? remove the control surface and re-add it? something else?
Old 03-31-2018, 12:42 AM   #15
bcslaam

Is there any way to get an xy pad object to control the navigator?
bcslaam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 03:52 AM   #16
GeckoLikesMartini

Quote:
thanks for the update! When upgrading, what should we be doing on the reaper side? remove the control surface and re-add it? something else?
Hi wdreamsmaycome, yes, just copy the latest version of ReaperControl2.ReaperOSC into the OSC folder and re-add it.

Regards, mj
Old 03-31-2018, 03:57 AM   #17
GeckoLikesMartini

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcslaam View Post
Is there any way to get an xy pad object to control the navigator?
Hi bcslaam, I'm not aware of an action or script explicit for the navigator. But in the Reaper.OSC there's an entry for scrolling:

SCROLL_X- b/scroll/x/- r/scroll/x
SCROLL_X+ b/scroll/x/+ r/scroll/x
SCROLL_Y- b/scroll/y/- r/scroll/y
SCROLL_Y+ b/scroll/y/+ r/scroll/y

So perhaps you may use this with a Multiball or RingArea object.

Regards, mj
Old 03-31-2018, 10:40 PM   #18
bcslaam

Thanks! I'll investigate.
bcslaam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 05:24 AM   #19
_Stevie_

It's not possible to always configure the 12 faders to follow the track selection, right? So that they always mirror the selected track and the 11 following.
Old 09-02-2018, 06:52 AM   #20
GeckoLikesMartini

Hi

Sorry for the late reply and to be honest at the moment I have no clue how that could be done... ;-/ ?
But just to understand it right... if you select a track in Reaper or ReaperControl2 the fadertracks should "jump" so that the selected one is the first on the left side ?

Regards, mj
Old 09-02-2018, 08:28 AM   #21
_Stevie_

Yes, when I select a track in Reaper, it should be assigned to the first left fader in ReaperControl2. I think that behavior is called "bank select".

Not sure either, if that's possible at all.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:00 AM   #22
Stijn C.

Default lock fader

Hi, amazing script.

really thankfull!!

Is there a way to lock the track page, with all track controls to a specific track? So to add a lock function or something. This would make it possible to control a certain track, while navigating others in the mixer, with mouse or another control interface!
Stijn C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:29 AM   #23
GeckoLikesMartini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn C. View Post
Hi, amazing script.

really thankfull!!

Is there a way to lock the track page, with all track controls to a specific track? So to add a lock function or something. This would make it possible to control a certain track, while navigating others in the mixer, with mouse or another control interface!
Hi Stijn,

Glad you like the template. At the moment I don't have time to work on ReaperControl 2 but it's a nice idea and I take it on my list.

Regards, mj
Old 09-12-2018, 12:55 AM   #24
Miul

Default lemar only receives

Can somebody help me with lemar settings? At the moment I could only makes it receive the transport and only from the daw to Lemar but not viceversa. Any idea?
Miul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:31 AM   #25
GeckoLikesMartini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miul View Post
Can somebody help me with lemar settings? At the moment I could only makes it receive the transport and only from the daw to Lemar but not viceversa. Any idea?
Hi Miul,

First check your "Control Surface Settings" in Reapers preferences. In my case:

- Mode: "Configure device IP + local port"
- Device port (8000) and IP > check the OSC targets in the Lemur app on your iOS device for IP
- Local listen port (9000) Local IP > corresponds to the osc target "OSC 0" in the Lemur app

Use the "Listen..." button in Reaper preferences to see incoming osc.

Don't forget to load the appropriate "Pattern config" in Reaper.

Kind regards, mj
Old 09-12-2018, 03:42 AM   #26
Miul

Quote:
Hi Miul,

First check your "Control Surface Settings" in Reapers preferences. In my case:

- Mode: "Configure device IP + local port"
- Device port (8000) and IP > check the OSC targets in the Lemur app on your iOS device for IP
- Local listen port (9000) Local IP > corresponds to the osc target "OSC 0" in the Lemur app

Use the "Listen..." button in Reaper preferences to see incoming osc.

Don't forget to load the appropriate "Pattern config" in Reaper.

Kind regards, mj
Thank you so much!

The problem of the settings you are suggesting me is the "OSC". I cannot write anything inside and at the moment there is the 192.168.1.5 and of course, no listen signal.
any other idea of what could i be missing?
Old 09-12-2018, 03:48 AM   #27
Miul

Quote:
Thank you so much!

The problem of the settings you are suggesting me is the "OSC". I cannot write anything inside and at the moment there is the 192.168.1.5 and of course, no listen signal.
any other idea of what could i be missing?
I guess I found what might be causing the problem

Pattern config is default and is if I select "open config directory" and select reaper it shows a message saying " there is not application to open this kind of file". Is something wrong there?
Old 09-12-2018, 04:21 AM   #28
GeckoLikesMartini

Quote:
I guess I found what might be causing the problem

Pattern config is default and is if I select "open config directory" and select reaper it shows a message saying " there is not application to open this kind of file". Is something wrong there?
Hi Miul, you have to copy the "ReaperControl2.ReaperOSC"-file in the folder "OSC". Then click "(refresh list)" and select ReaperControl2 as Pattern config in the dropdown-menu.

In the Lemur-app under "OSC TARGETS" add a new Target (OSC 0), tap in the field "Host:" to enter the IP-address of your host-PC and "Port:" to enter the Port-Nr. (9000)

Regards, mj
Old 09-12-2018, 05:47 AM   #29
Miul

Quote:
Hi Miul, you have to copy the "ReaperControl2.ReaperOSC"-file in the folder "OSC". Then click "(refresh list)" and select ReaperControl2 as Pattern config in the dropdown-menu.

In the Lemur-app under "OSC TARGETS" add a new Target (OSC 0), tap in the field "Host:" to enter the IP-address of your host-PC and "Port:" to enter the Port-Nr. (9000)

Regards, mj
Hi again,
All set!

Thank you!!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2018, 09:56 AM   #30
Miul

Quote:

Regards, mj
I guess I called it win too early. In fact, Lemur appears to be very unresponsive. For instance, to have the play started I noticed I have to have it pressed for a couple of seconds to make sure it starts.
Some others respond very well, mute, arm track and solo. Navigating through the mixer is super slow, while the zoom keys respond very well.

But still, the problem seems to be on the osc as checking the listen function there no sort of wave or data appearing (not sure wha I am supposed to see.

Any other suggestion?

Cheers
Old 09-13-2018, 04:16 AM   #31
GeckoLikesMartini

Quote:
I guess I called it win too early. In fact, Lemur appears to be very unresponsive. For instance, to have the play started I noticed I have to have it pressed for a couple of seconds to make sure it starts.
Some others respond very well, mute, arm track and solo. Navigating through the mixer is super slow, while the zoom keys respond very well.

But still, the problem seems to be on the osc as checking the listen function there no sort of wave or data appearing (not sure wha I am supposed to see.

Any other suggestion?

Cheers
Hi Miul

After setting up OSC properly (https://liine.net/en/downloads/lemur) in the "Listen..."-window you should see the incoming OSC-patterns from your Lemur app. For example if I tap on "Mute" in the track view of ReaperControl2 I get:

/track/mute [f] 1.000000

Are there any firewalls that could slow down the transmission ? You could also try to setup a ad-hoc network connection to further isolate the problem.

Regards, mj
Old 09-13-2018, 06:00 AM   #32
Miul

Today seems to be doing better...don't know why. The settings are correct.

Thank you so much!
Old 10-29-2018, 09:20 AM   #33
GeckoLikesMartini

Default ReaperControl 2.1

Hi there

New version of ReaperControl 2 in the stash.

Changes:

- new relative MIDI mode for external MIDI controllers (Midi Fighter Twister etc.) with adjustable resolution/fine resolution
- „lock“-function - allows ReaperControl to temporarily function independent from selections in Reaper
- enhanced information and description of ReaperControl in the Lemur template
- some GUI and code refinements

Regards, mj
Old 11-21-2018, 06:33 AM   #34
matv

Thank you GeckoLikesMartini
very usefull for me!
matv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:11 PM   #35
_Stevie_

I have a problem with touch mode. See the attached GIF.
It looks like I'm recording DNA
Is this a known issue?

Old 02-14-2019, 12:13 AM   #36
airon

That may be a good bug report so OSC stuff gets a bigger "still being touched" time.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:44 AM   #37
_Stevie_

So, is this a buggy behavior caused by OSC?
Old 06-11-2019, 09:03 PM   #38
crd

Default Thank you

This template is great. I really appreciate you sharing it!!!

Does anyone have any tips on editing the plugin fx parameters page? I would love to have it show the articulation information from Reaarticulate when I select a string sound or open something else when I choose Zebra, etc.
crd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:16 AM   #39
GeckoLikesMartini

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
I have a problem with touch mode. See the attached GIF.
It looks like I'm recording DNA
Is this a known issue?

Hi Stevie, sorry, didn't monitor this thread.... it happens with the fader in track-view in reapercontrol 2, right ?

Regards, mj
Old 06-13-2019, 12:49 PM   #40
GeckoLikesMartini

Hi,

Touch mode for the volume fader in track view should be fixed now. You only need to replace the ReaperOSC-file.

Regards, mj