Originally Posted by nightscope View Post
No, it doesn't say that.

4.2 Jog Wheel
The Jog Wheel’s behaviour can be modifier with the MODIFIER buttons:
• SHIFT: move Time Region start
• OPTION: move Time Region end
• CONTROL: move Loop start
• ALT: move Loop end
The movement depends on the Zoom level and the status of the SCRUB button. If SCRUB is
off, the position will move one bar or beat, if SCRUB is on, the position will be moved by the time
that is equivalent to two pixel in the REAPER GUI.

This behaviour refers to the Jogwheel + modifiers, which control the Region and Loop starts and ends.

ns
You're right. So... without using the CSI code/project stuff.... can I jog by measure, instead of every 3 measures? I stand corrected but I really need to know how and if this possible. Thanks!
themixtape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 02:36 PM   #122
IggyLites
Human being with feelings

Am I completely missing something here, or is this whole thing only available for Windows?
IggyLites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 05:11 AM   #123
themixtape

Behringer X-Touch Compact....

With virtual MIDI ports created and routed (via LoopMIDI and Midi-Ox)...

I get an endless feedback loop of CC74, when Klinke's extension is enabled and I have my X-Touch's virtual midi ports on the input and output.

When I use the standard Mackie Control protocol, I get an OCCASIONAL blast of CC73 coming from the input.

Everything's fine if I don't have the virtual MIDI ports enabled... but the reason I do is because I'm trying to use the Compact with two layers: A & B, and with all the Mackie-specific messages (literally mostly MIDI notes on channel 1, like, literally)... on a Layer, but not "powered up in Mackie Control Mode".

People have gotten this to work... and it's great because Layer A... you have 40 buttons to assign as synth plugin things, and 16 encoders, plus 9 motorized faders. So, the best of both worlds is being in "Mackie" mode... (with one Layer), and switching to the other layer for general MIDI control.

What I can't figure out is why the feedback loop...

AND....

Why can't I midi-learn anything from the one layer? I have MIDI Device enabled for control messages, and the virtual midi ports enabled in Control Surfaces, so I get all the fader feedback.

I'm pulling my hair out. Barely slept for like 4 days.

Please, someone help. Someone provide a step-by-step method of getting this to work. Please.

Thank you!
Old 09-29-2019, 05:15 AM   #124
mschnell

AFAIU, Klinke is meant for easily using standard MCU protocol devices in a standard workflow with Reaper. Using the XTouch Compact in some creative way is far beyond this purpose. That is why I never intended to use Klinke with my XTouch Compact, which I very happily use in my Reaper based Live setup -> https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=213568#5 .

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 02:40 PM   #125
themixtape

Hi Michael, thanks again for replying. Your live set looks awesome and impressive, however your comment isn't helpful to my purpose.

If some people have gotten things to work with their X-Touch Compact and MCU, I know it's possible. I just don't know how to route things properly with Midi-OX and all that... it's so massively confusing at times.

Thanks again!
Old 09-29-2019, 11:15 PM   #126
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
your comment isn't helpful to my purpose.
Obviously But I do hope my answers in the other threads in the other subforums are ...
If you want an easy to use external utility to preprocess Midi messages you might want to try the Bome Translator Pro. But as there are ways showing up to use dedicated free Reaper-internal tools for that purpose, I would not recommend this.
-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 03:04 AM   #127
themixtape

Thanks... I know you know a LOT about this stuff... I'm still trying to wrap my head around like, Level 2 of this Level 10 knowledge.