Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 04-17-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
1992guitars
Human being with feelings

Default In/Out Regions. Spent time with Manual. STILL confused...

Hello all,

Thank you for the helpful replies to my first post a few weeks ago. Today I imported some audio recorded on the AKAI DPS24, just to get my feet wet with editing on Reaper...

Things were going well. I was splicing some takes together and experimenting with crossfades. Getting the basic hang of it. But I'm still utterly confused about selecting a region with my mouse.

I go to a specific time, say: 3:24, and double click the mouse to select that time. Then I can hit the shift key on the keyboard to begin highlighting a region, but sometimes that highlight marks the end of a region and sometimes it marks the beginning of the region and I don't know why.

I've searched the forums and consulted the manual time and time again. I know this must be a very simple procedure but I'm entirely new to this...

All I am trying to accomplish is to select a specific area of audio to then copy, using the "Copy Selected Area of Items" option. Because I don't want to copy an entire track. Say there's 30 minutes of various takes. All I'm trying to do is isolate one verse, copy that verse, then paste it into a new track, before moving onto the next verse, bridge, etc. But have just started and am still missing something...

Thank you for whatever help you may have to offer,

Sean
1992guitars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #2
1992guitars
Human being with feelings

okay so I just figured it out. no idea why I was holding down the shift key. that's what was throwing me for a loop.
1992guitars is offline   Reply With Quote